• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great time the end of June. One tip from here I took to heart was not to go to the desk to get the parking pass--the check-in clerk even told us it wasn't necessary. We never had time-share visit calls and had no trouble getting in and out of resort---we left the resort multiple times each day for a week. You use your room key for re-entry to the resort; not any kind of parking pass.

We loved the resort and felt like the $840 price for a 2 bedroom deluxe for a week from Ken Price was fair and in fact, a great deal given the amenities. The transaction with him went without a glitch.

We were in tower 1 and the only thing I didn't care for was the strong deodorizer smell when you entered the building.

What is up with the ripped furniture? I have read a few reviews about ripped couches and I think they are in the newer towers (5 and 6?)? I am trying to narrow down my room request (high floor, lake view, still not sure about tower) but I REALLY do not want ripped up furniture.

I arrived at WBC on June 30th for a 2 week stay. There were replacing sofas the first week we were there. We stayed in tower 5 and every day that week there was a pile of the old ones out in the parking garage where they have the golf carts.

We had an old one in our suite and it wasn't bad but not all that great either. It was very worn on the edges and the light colour allowed for it to be dirty looking. Very easy to see how this type of sofa would not last long.

Had a great time the end of June. One tip from here I took to heart was not to go to the desk to get the parking pass--the check-in clerk even told us it wasn't necessary. We never had time-share visit calls and had no trouble getting in and out of resort---we left the resort multiple times each day for a week. You use your room key for re-entry to the resort; not any kind of parking pass.

Did you have a car though? Or no car? I'm thinking if you have a car you have to have a parking pass? If not, I love the idea of bypassing the "parking pass" desk entirely....

When I arrived (June 30/12) it was after 10pm and I went inside alone to check in. I was asked for the car info but was not given a parking permit....this was at the check in desk. There was no one else working in the lobby at that time of night. When we got into the suite I called and asked if I needed a permit as I had seen all the other cars with one. I was told 'no not really'. The next morning I called again and was told that 'yes it's required'. So I went to the main building and went to the check in desk and asked again....was also told yes. I was then sent to the member services desk to get the permit. The whole process was really stupid....I had to wait for my 'rep' to come from the office which really made me mad. After waiting about 2 minutes I leaned over the counter and told an older gentleman that they were totally wasting my time and I was not pleased at all. I went on to say that it was an leaving a terrible impression.....so just give me the pass so I can be on my way. He ended up handing me the paper to fill out which I ticked off....unemployed, student, divorced and income <$30K. He took one look at the paper smiled and gave me my parking permit. I had a good laugh as I walked out to the car but that was the end of it, they never called the suite.

So as to whether you really need the permit or not I can't say. However, over the 2 weeks that we stayed we intentionally looked at every car and never once did we see a car without a permit. It's not worth the risk of having your car towed or something.

Also, almost daily the gate at the entrance was malfunctioning. We could only get in by showing the parking permit or ID. The security staff actually checked.

Hello,

If you want to know which towers you should request then read this:

The older towers have no ripped couches or chairs since they are getting refurbished. I do not know about other problems in the older buildings. If you want a lake view with a fireworks view request towers 1,2,3, or a special wing in 6. You will have both with a lake view at the Wyndham Grand which is a hotel not a condo.

Towers 2 and 3 are near the pool between them. Tower 1 is next to the main building with a pool and a lazy river.

The newer buildings are great but except for the ripped couches and furniture. Tower 5 has a pirate themed lazy river.

I think if you call the main building they might be able to put a towel over the couch. It will be very hard to change rooms since most likely there will be no availability to other rooms.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is an awesome resort! Have fun!

Happy Summer!:cool1:

ok..I will apologize in advance if the answer to this question is in this thread somewhere. I must have missed it.

I was looking into timeshares and I just can't figure out how to calculate how many points a person would need in order to rent during a red week a 2 bedroom.

I was curious if it would benefit our family to go this route and I have looked everywhere. If someone knows of a post where this is listed could you give me general vicinity to look?

Thanks in advance and so sorry if I've missed it....I've looked....promise :).

ok..I will apologize in advance if the answer to this question is in this thread somewhere. I must have missed it.

I was looking into timeshares and I just can't figure out how to calculate how many points a person would need in order to rent during a red week a 2 bedroom.

I was curious if it would benefit our family to go this route and I have looked everywhere. If someone knows of a post where this is listed could you give me general vicinity to look?

Thanks in advance and so sorry if I've missed it....I've looked....promise :).

PM'd you

We are planning on staying at Bonnet Creek in November and are VERY excited as this is our first family Disney trip! 8 of us driving from Oklahoma!! Glad to know we made a good choice by staying here.

Do a search for "Bonnet Creek points chart" on Google images.

Note however, that unlike DVC, where people "rent points," with Bonnet Creek you rent a reservation. This is because the Wyndham system offers discounting on the actual point total needed to some owners.

The bottom line is that I've found it far cheaper to rent points than to own them.

Do a search for "Bonnet Creek points chart" on Google images.

Note however, that unlike DVC, where people "rent points," with Bonnet Creek you rent a reservation. This is because the Wyndham system offers discounting on the actual point total needed to some owners.

The bottom line is that I've found it far cheaper to rent points than to own them.

Thanks! I agree from what I've seen. I'm really going to do some research on this one because it just may benefit us to stay here since it's June '13 and I don't think I will get a decent enough disney discounted room. Only thing I worried about were the pics I've seen recently on tripadvisor of the ripped up couches......and I would love reliable shuttle service :).

softballmom3 said:
Thanks! I agree from what I've seen. I'm really going to do some research on this one because it just may benefit us to stay here since it's June '13 and I don't think I will get a decent enough disney discounted room. Only thing I worried about were the pics I've seen recently on tripadvisor of the ripped up couches......and I would love reliable shuttle service :).

I have seen reports of the couches being replaced. Not sure if it is done yet, but it is in progress. I would assume the replacement would be completed by the time you check

So this whole couch thing has me worried. I really don't want a crappy couch to sit on for vacation when we are relaxing. Sounds silly but to us it's important.

I am overwhelmed with what tower to hope for - fireworks view is appealing but nice couches are more appealing! We are going over Thanksgiving and I'm wondering if it will be warm enough to swim so do I take pool location into account?? And wi-fi is in all the towers now right? I'd love to hear feedback on what towers are people's favorites and why. Thanks!

Leaving for WBC in the morning!!! So excited! Our 2nd trip!

Safe Travels! Perhaps we will see each other there.

We leave Saturday, I just started doing some packing today and getting the house cleaned up.
I like to have a clean house when we leave for vaca.

Just checked in. Everyone was super nice! Got my room request of a lake and fireworks view!!! We r in tower 3 and have a great view of epcot and the lake! It just started raining but when its passed we will hit the pools! I will also call about bin 2 shortly!

So this whole couch thing has me worried. I really don't want a crappy couch to sit on for vacation when we are relaxing. Sounds silly but to us it's important.

I am overwhelmed with what tower to hope for - fireworks view is appealing but nice couches are more appealing! We are going over Thanksgiving and I'm wondering if it will be warm enough to swim so do I take pool location into account?? And wi-fi is in all the towers now right? I'd love to hear feedback on what towers are people's favorites and why. Thanks!

I'm with you. I truly am ok with any type of view and location (though I am trying to figure out my preference) the ripped couch thing I would not be ok with. I'm going to make sure at check in that we do not have ripped furniture in our room. Just not something that I find acceptable.

We're headed back to WBC on August 5th for our second visit (first was October 2011), staying in a 2BR presidential. We're Wyndham owners, but are stockpiling all our points for a pull-out-the-stops trip to Hawaii next year, so wound up renting the week for $1385 from denisetravels. Here are some tips I thought might be helpful:

Internet (if you find the new all-over wifi insufficient): for one laptop, there's a cable provided, hanging off the back of the kitchen phone, you can just plug in (computer-->phone-->wall). When I tried this last year with a router, the phone kept rebooting and kicking us off, so I wound up just unplugging the phone and plugging the router directly into the wall jack. Worked a treat the whole trip.

Arrival/Shopping: What we usually do (did 2 weeks ago in Vegas, and are doing in 2 weeks in Orlando), is to take an early flight in. We get in at 10:45, will grab our luggage and the car, and head to lunch. After lunch, stop by the resort, do the pre-check-in dance (so they'll call us when our room is ready) and leave our luggage with the bellman. Around 2pm, we'll head out to a grocery store to stock up for the week. We liked the Winn-Dixie last year because of the great employees--one literally chased us out into the parking lot to give my son (4 at the time) a sheet of stickers. By the time we're heading back with our haul, the resort will be calling us to say our room's ready, and we can go right up. When we get there, we call the bellman and our luggage gets delivered while we load the fridge/cabinets. So we're in the room and unpacked at the same time we would have been had we not made the trip, but now we're loaded for the week.

Packing: pack LIGHT! The two best things about staying in a condo instead of a hotel are the space, and the washer/dryer. As a result, you don't have to bring 100lbs of luggage per person. When we were in Vegas for two weeks, we checked 1 rollaboard, one small suitcase, and one large suitcase for 4 people, total of around 120lbs including the bags themselves (call it 80lbs of our stuff). We're all in agreement that even that little bit was too much. For me it's 3 pair of shorts/shirts/underwear/socks, a pair of water shoes, 2 swimsuits and a shirt to wear to the pool, plus some minor toiletries and a roku 2. Doing a load or two of laundry per day is maybe 8 minutes total work, and easily offsets the need to lug 10-15 sets of clothes per person. We never stay in hotels anymore except for 1-2 night trips for this reason alone. They don't give you much detergent though, and I don't trust what they do provide, so we bring an old shampoo bottle filled with the Costco environmentally-friendly detergent (which we like not for the obvious reason, but because the coconut/palm oil base doesn't irritate my wife's skin like many chemical ones do), use liberally throughout the trip, and then discard before we leave.

Carseats/strollers: bring your own. It saves money, they're more comfortable because your kids are used to them, and it's very easy. Travel bags for each are available cheaply--if you're bringing a second-stage booster you don't even need a bag--and the airlines can't charge you for them. Check the carseat in its bag at the curb. You can even stuff some extra stuff in there--I usually put my pillow in. Doesn't count as a bag, so you won't be charged. Then we let my son ride in the stroller through the airport, fold it up put it in the bag and gate check it. It's waiting for us as soon as we get off the plane, and he can ride it back out of the airport. Works like a champ. And then when we get in the car, it's not the luck of the draw (which we always lose) with regards to how uncomfortable he's going to be. One one trip, he was the ONLY one that was comfortable in the terrible Grand Marquis we got stuck with.

More to follow, I have to head home now... :)

Transportation: If you're going after rope drop and coming back before Wishes/Illuminations/Fantasmic is over, the WBC buses are great. Not too crowded, and pretty quick. If, however, you're staying for the finales, you'll need to almost run to the stop in order to be one of the 70+ people who cram onto the first bus, and after that I believe there's only one more (which will be similarly crowded). If it takes you a bit to get to the stop and there's a bunch of people, you may wind up waiting a while, and then taking a cab when you don't make it on either bus. Driving is the clear winner for early starts/late finishes.

Also, a car opens you up to a ton of offsite dining that can save you a bunch of money. a few gems we found last year were:

-Boston Lobster Feast, which is a seafood buffet of pretty decent quality that's VERY cheap for lunch and reasonable for dinner
-KeKe's Breakfast Cafe, a great little breakfast/lunch place with a huge variety of waffles/pancakes/french toast/omlettes. Also near the outlet mall if that's your thing.
-Willow Tree Cafe: A German restaurant in Sanford that's just fantastic. Live music, great food and beer, reasonable prices. A bit of a hike (30-45 minutes assuming traffic isn't terrible), but totally worth it. DO NOT attempt to go on Monday, as they are CLOSED.

And of course, having a car lets you do things like Universal, Sea World, or Legoland without paying Mears $19+ per person for a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter