The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the great feedback... We are staying at Bonnet Creek the first time for a full week in early 2012. We bought a 2BR condo on eBay for a great price. Hoping this works out okay.

One question... I have seen a few references to folks having to move rooms mid-stay. Is this normal?

Thanks for all the great feedback... We are staying at Bonnet Creek the first time for a full week in early 2012. We bought a 2BR condo on eBay for a great price. Hoping this works out okay.

One question... I have seen a few references to folks having to move rooms mid-stay. Is this normal?

I'm curious about this too. We are renting points from Ken Price at the end of July. I just got the confirmation from Wyndham yesterday, and it does say "may require room change". I sure hope not, as this would be a big pain!

I just got the confirmation from Wyndham yesterday, and it does say "may require room change".

Great. We're thinking about getting a two week reservation there in 2013, which would be two separate reservations with RCI; I was hoping we could get them joined but if single reservations have a risk of moving sounds like the odds are against me. *sigh*

Great. We're thinking about getting a two week reservation there in 2013, which would be two separate reservations with RCI; I was hoping we could get them joined but if single reservations have a risk of moving sounds like the odds are against me. *sigh*

When we went we stayed for I think it was 12 nights and actually had 4 different reservations. I didn't fully understand why it had to be done that way, but at any rate...it all worked out just fine. They linked the 4 reservatons together for us and we never had to change rooms.

Our reservations also had that statement on them about possibly have to have a room change, but we didn't have to. I think they try to avoid them at all costs. It would be expensive from their end too...having to get the room ready for a new set of guests rather than having you stay in the same unit.

So, we just got back from our first stay - we absolutely loved it here ... I will write up a review but it may take awhile - so feel free to ask questions in the meanwhile.

Do they provide laundry detergent at WBC? If so, what kind is it? DS has really sensitive skin so I'm probably going to have to pack our own brand.

Do they provide laundry detergent at WBC? If so, what kind is it? DS has really sensitive skin so I'm probably going to have to pack our own brand.

It was country save - it is actually not bad. There are very few additives in that brand. Many people actually use this brand for washing of cloth diapers. I think we only used 1/2 a packet per load and they gave us 4 packets.

On that note they also came in and cleaned our room(to our surprise) on our 7th day - and provided clean towels and extra soap/coffee and all of that type of stuff as well.

Our reservations also had that statement on them about possibly have to have a room change, but we didn't have to. I think they try to avoid them at all costs. It would be expensive from their end too...having to get the room ready for a new set of guests rather than having you stay in the same unit.

Your logic is reassuring. They may not be able to do it, but clearly the odds are in my favor. Thanks. :)

can anyone tell me if there is a charge to use one of those phone cards you purchase in walmart where you dial a free phone number to get access....hubby got one to call home (international) but wasnt sure if he would get charged for it by the resort...?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between, among the 3 room types: Standard, Deluxe, Presidential.

Are the furnishings different, floor plans, locations in the resort, size, etc.

I am probably interested in either a 2 or 3 bedroom.

Does anyone know what the average cost is for each by going through Ken Price, Farrell, Utopia.

Possibly interested in Sep-Nov or May. And this would be for 2014 so I know the rates will change but just looking for an idea.

Thank you

FYI people,

I just got back from a trip, and among the things I picked up.... a packet with the Menu's and pricing for the new hotel restaurants and the Spa. I'll post them as soon as I finish getting caught up on life and can get a picture taken and uploaded of the information.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between, among the 3 room types: Standard, Deluxe, Presidential.

Are the furnishings different, floor plans, locations in the resort, size, etc.

I am probably interested in either a 2 or 3 bedroom.

Does anyone know what the average cost is for each by going through Ken Price, Farrell, Utopia.

Possibly interested in Sep-Nov or May. And this would be for 2014 so I know the rates will change but just looking for an idea.

Thank you

The "Standard", "Deluxe", and "Presidential" designations are classifications within the Wyndham Timeshare system. A room's amenities and furnishings would determine which level designation it would receive. This is designed, in part, to help give members an idea of what to expect from a room at any given resort within the Wyndham System at a glance.

"Standard" rooms are going to be your basic Timeshare Suite. nothing too fancy. when you are refering to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Specifically, There are no "Standard" rooms.

"Deluxe" rooms are basically going to be the same as a "Standard" room, with the addition of a in-room jacuzzi or whirlpool tub. Most units at WBC are of this type.

"Presidential" units receive upgraded furnishings/appliances/ etc. For WBC, this will include tile floors in the common areas, Hardwood ceilings, stainless steel appliances, and upgraded leather furniture.

At WBC, You can find 1,2, and 3bdrm Deluxe units in every tower. All 1,2, and 3bdrm Presidential units however are in Tower 6. 4bdrm Presidentials can be found in all towers.

As for cost.... it's really hard to say. Even within the windows you've given, you can cross over several different cost periods (value/peak/high/etc). Most of the commercial renters base their pricing off the cost ofthe points required to rent the room. This also means that there is a chance that since this resort is gaining in popularity, it could become harder for the renters to utilize some of the tricks they currently use to take advantage of the system in order to lower their costs. Your best bet might be to contact the renters direct to see if they might be able to give you a ballpark idea based off a date. The # of points required (before discounts) don't change for a given week from year to year, so it would at least give you a starting point to work from.

FYI people,

I just got back from a trip, and among the things I picked up.... a packet with the Menu's and pricing for the new hotel restaurants and the Spa. I'll post them as soon as I finish getting caught up on life and can get a picture taken and uploaded of the information.

Ohhh, yeah! :cool1: I can't wait to see the info on the restaurants!

We had a great stay - from 11/6 -11/12 in a 2 bdrm deluxe, tower 5. We did eat our first night at the new hotel restaurant, the outdoor/covered Backwater Bay (? I think that was the right name). I had a salad, which was fine, my dh had a wrap, but I think he was most excited about all the tvs showing football games - it was a Sunday night and it had been a long, 18 hr drive ...They had burgers on the menu, including one that was between 2 Krispy Kreme donuts, that I did see a couple of people eating.

We did not, unfortunately, get a chance to order a frozen beverage from the pool bar @ Tower 4, we did wanted to do that but ran out of time.Oh well, guess we'll just have to go back :rolleyes1

Just back from great stay 11/8-11/14. This is an awesome place. Asked for a high floor firework view about 1 week before we left. Got fireworks view -- Building 4, 7th floor room 776 (2BR deluxe). Kids loved it. Room was very clean (furniture was a little beat up though -- there was a note apologizing for condition of couch and chair where leather was peeling -- not a big deal to us). We were able to check in and get our room when we arrived around 2:00 p.m. Not bothered that much by sales (though had phone unplugged majority of time) -- only received invitations slid under door to breakfast offering AMEX card to go to 90 minute presentation. Pools were great -- kids loved pool outside tower 6. Can't wait to stay again. We booked through Farrell and everything was as smooth as could be.

I'm curious about this too. We are renting points from Ken Price at the end of July. I just got the confirmation from Wyndham yesterday, and it does say "may require room change". I sure hope not, as this would be a big pain!

Just got back -- because of our dates (Tuesday thru Monday) we required two confirmations. It said we might need to change rooms. I asked Farrell (who we booked thru) and he said they would combine the two so no move would be necessary. I called and confirmed this before we went with the front desk -- not a problem -- they combined the two. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

:goodvibes
We stayed on second floor in bldg to left of main bldg. Hearing your story about the 7th floor brought back memories of our stay which seems like yesterday. It was march of 2009.

I remember thinking the view of the fireworks display really gave perspective to how close WBC is to all the Disney parks. The big Epcot golf ball is waiting for Paul Bunyan to walk up and take a swing at it.

Our favorite feature was the lazy river.

RJL

DSCN6757.jpg

DSCN6759.jpg

DSCN6760.jpg

DSCN6761.jpg

DSCN6762.jpg

DSCN6763.jpg

DSCN6764.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter