The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. I saw the sign on the doors of the presidential units saying presidential reserve, so I thought they were all the same, but it is good to have that clarified.

I think the owner I deal with can request a specific presidential unit, depending on what is available when booking. I know he owns a lot of points. I did not know about a 30 day booking rule, only the 60 day.

Thanks again.

I wanted to add that when I checked in at Tower 6 the night before the Race for the Cure on Oct 14th, the "parking pass area" was decorated with a whole bunch of pink balloons and they were offering champagne to guests checking in

I guess I was not the only guest arriving that day for the race. Interesting that management knew the race was the next day.

Nice touch.

Thank you! I am tryig to convince her how its not a scam, and that a 2 bedroom will be SOOOO much better than a one bedroom with 2 adults and 2 kids. Your response did help, so thank you.

If anyone else has rented from Farrells and can help, please let me know. ;)

We have a 2br Deluxe booked thru Farrell for Spring Break 2012 as well, for the exact same price. I was also leery about this, but took the plunge and it has been a very good experience so far.

We have a 2br Deluxe booked thru Farrell for Spring Break 2012 as well, for the exact same price. I was also leery about this, but took the plunge and it has been a very good experience so far.

Thats great to hear. Enjoy your trip! My friend did decide to go with farrell, and paid in full and got her confirmation. I think she is relaxing a little bit about it, with my pushing of course.

They have always stayed at Embassy Suites because they need two seperate rooms due to a snoring issue. They have also been stuck on the free breakfast at Embassy. I have been on her for years to rent a timeshare and can't wait until they check in and see the room and its location. Not to mention, this is cheaper than Embassy and with the extra money they could go out to breakfast every morning if they wanted to.

I own DVC but I am dying to rent at WBC myself! Someday, when I have no points leftover ;)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm hoping for guidance on how to request a certain location/view for our upcoming stay. We booked thru Ken Price and will be vacationing over the Christmas break. We stayed in building 5, on a very high floor overlooking the pool and lake last year. We loved the location!

This year, we will be returning and are hoping for a similar view/location. Last year, my mother passed away while we were on vacation.:sad1: This year, we booked an extra bedroom so that we can take my dad with us and try to keep him as happy as possible during what will likely be a difficult time for him. We just want to make it as special as possible for him!

I know that Ken can call and make a request before we arrive, but is there anyone I can talk to down there to see what they can do?

Thanks for any help!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm hoping for guidance on how to request a certain location/view for our upcoming stay. We booked thru Ken Price and will be vacationing over the Christmas break. We stayed in building 5, on a very high floor overlooking the pool and lake last year. We loved the location!

This year, we will be returning and are hoping for a similar view/location. Last year, my mother passed away while we were on vacation.:sad1: This year, we booked an extra bedroom so that we can take my dad with us and try to keep him as happy as possible during what will likely be a difficult time for him. We just want to make it as special as possible for him!

I know that Ken can call and make a request before we arrive, but is there anyone I can talk to down there to see what they can do?

Thanks for any help!

General guidelines for room requests tend to be to call the resort directly at around 2weeks to let them know your request. there is however no guarantee that they will accommodate that request. (Or that they can if you are requesting a 1bdrm or 3bdrm unit since they tend to be located in different parts of the different towers, so some buildings may not even have a "lake side" room of that size in it.)

Thanks for the information. We'll be in a two bedroom. I didn't think that there would be a guarantee, but thought it might not hurt to call.:)

Thanks for any help!

I simply emailed when I got my confirmation. They did not promise anything but we did get exactly what we wanted. It was right around the 2 wk mark when we asked.

I'm thinking about renting a car and was wondering how easy it is to get to/from the parks and airport. I will coming solo so I will have nobody to help me with directions. If I was doing all of my driving in the daytime, I wouldn't be worried, but at night I am afraid that I will get lost. So is there good signage or landmarks to prevent me from getting lost? Will the front desk give me good driving directions? Also, if I do rent a car, how much time should I allow to get from Epcot to the airport for my return flight?
Thanks

I'm thinking about renting a car and was wondering how easy it is to get to/from the parks and airport. I will coming solo so I will have nobody to help me with directions. If I was doing all of my driving in the daytime, I wouldn't be worried, but at night I am afraid that I will get lost. So is there good signage or landmarks to prevent me from getting lost? Will the front desk give me good driving directions? Also, if I do rent a car, how much time should I allow to get from Epcot to the airport for my return flight?
Thanks

Signage is excellent. Before I had a GPS, I only got lost once. Since I have the GPS, I've never gotten lost. And before I knew my way around (I've been there 6 times), it allowed me to wander widely without worrying about getting lost. So I highly recommend a GPS.

Signage is excellent. Before I had a GPS, I only got lost once. Since I have the GPS, I've never gotten lost. And before I knew my way around (I've been there 6 times), it allowed me to wander widely without worrying about getting lost. So I highly recommend a GPS.

That was a fast reply! I plan on taking a GPS but I need the GPS address for BC. Thanks for the fast reply.

That was a fast reply! I plan on taking a GPS but I need the GPS address for BC. Thanks for the fast reply.

A GPS is worth its weight in gold. The first few times I went to WDW, I was afraid to wander too far. But the GPS was fantastically liberating. Not only could I go to places like the Leu Gardens with no worries, but if I was at an outlet mall, for example, and decided to go to Downtown Disney from there, it was no problem.

Just called and put our request in for high floor firework view in building 5 (or building 4 or 6 if not available) for our upcoming visit November 8-14. Can't wait. Also can't beleive how fast time went by since we started booking things -- seems like just yesterday we had 6 months to go.

i have been to DW dozens of times...AND MUST HAVE GPS!!.. i have named mine helen...but I told my wife I may change the voice to a man...I told her I dont need 2 women telling me how to drive...Its great to have one..and with new GPS download from mousesavers.com..its very easy..to get around WDW..14 more days ....hopefully get room request i want..

Thanks

It's VERY easy to find your way back to the resort at night. And finding your way to the parks is also extremely easy. Chelonia Parkway, the road the resort is located on, only has 1 outlet which is on Buena Vista Parkway. This is probably the single most important surface street on Disney Property. With both Hess stations, Downtown Disney, and most DTD and EPCOT resorts in some way requiring you to be on this road at some point, it really is very difficult to miss Buena Vista Parkway.

Beyond that, the road is easy to spot because it's the first road/light next to Epcot Center Drive..... which is the only bridge OVER Buena Vista Drive. (World Drive goes under Buena Vista). It's actually the intersection that has the big red Goofy in a minivan "Best Kept Secret" DVC sign.

There are also a few signs closer to the intersection pointing you to the resort. The signs say "Bonnet Creek Resort area" are are a more "rose-ish" color from the usual signage on Disney Property directing you to thing.

A General rule which can help you get around the Disney Property as you familiarize yourself with the road layout.... When you exit the resort make a right. (Left will be a dead-end....right connects you back to the Disney property) At the light.... If you make a Left, You can get to every one of the Disney Parks, and should be able to follow the Disney signs to let you know how to get around. A Right will take you to Downtown Disney. (There are other ways to get places that may be quicker/shorter, but I figure keep it simple would be best here until you are more comfortable driving around and know the property.)

To get back to the resort, You can follow the signs to the "Downtown Disney Resort Area". I'm pretty sure that every park will lead you a way that will take you by the road WBC is located off of.

For the Airport.... figure 30-45min drive time between the EPCOT parking lot and the Airport Rental Return would be a realistic estimate. This is a VERY simple drive since you can Exit the EPCOT parking lot following the signs to I-4....and then once you are on EPCOT Center Drive, rather than take the I-4 ramps outside the arches, just follow the road straight until it merges with 417 which is the toll road that take you to the airport.

To GET to WBC from the Airport, Take the South exit from the Airport towards 417. 417 West towards Disney (think the sign even says Kissemmee/Disney). Exit 417 at the International Drive exit (after the 2nd toll booth). Follow this road straight thru the Welcome to Disney arches, exit the first exit... Make a left at the light, and then the next left after you cross under the bridge.

I know you are planning on taking a GPS, but hopefully these directions will also help you by giving you some idea of how to get around without needing to constantly look at the GPS. (Keep you honest and help keep you from getting lost, but not being your primary way of knowing where you are going.)

9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Just make sure you use Orlando as the city and not LBV.

Ah... Good point.

I seem to recall to that at least at one time people were reporting that GPS units were showing 2 different locations under that address. one was up in the Downtown Orlando area, and another was down by Disney. Make sure if your GPS is going to the correct location down by Disney.

Okay, I'm a newbie to WBC and have been stalking this thread for a long time now. We currently have reservations at BC for September of next year mainly because the two other families we are going with need to be able to "pay out" their reservations. We are military and get the 40% room discount, so we are doing room only. Problem is my family is bigger than theirs and honestly I would like to stay at WBC for the extra room, kitchen, washer/dryer. What is the typical procedure for renting a room? Do you pay a deposit and then pay the rest or do you pay for it all at once? We've stayed at Floridays earlier this year and loved the condo experience. How does WBC compare? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance,
Sandy

Okay, I'm a newbie to WBC and have been stalking this thread for a long time now. We currently have reservations at BC for September of next year mainly because the two other families we are going with need to be able to "pay out" their reservations. We are military and get the 40% room discount, so we are doing room only. Problem is my family is bigger than theirs and honestly I would like to stay at WBC for the extra room, kitchen, washer/dryer. What is the typical procedure for renting a room? Do you pay a deposit and then pay the rest or do you pay for it all at once? We've stayed at Floridays earlier this year and loved the condo experience. How does WBC compare? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance,
Sandy

Can't speak for the comparison with Floridays.

As for how the process goes, it depends on who you rent with. I would not recommend renting directly from Wyndham because their prices are much more expensive.

Some commercial renters will do a deposit w/ the balance due XX number of days before travel. Others require a full payment at the time of the reservation. Then you also have the ability to purchase a week via an ebay auction.... Or since you are military, I've also seen reports that there are military avenues for renting a unit which have their own way of doing things.

DCTOOTALL, thanks for the detailed info. I am going to copy this and put this with the rest of my WDW info.
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter