The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reservations at 7:30A at Chef Mickey's with plans on immediately going to the park afterwards for a while and heading back to resort for mid-day break and back to park later. Park hours that day are 9a-10p. How long should we allow for travel, where should we park, should we valet at the contemporary? Will have personal vehicle.

Also, later in the week we plan to do Illuminations at Epcot. We would not like to wait for a decent viewing area for more than 30 minutes due to impatient kiddos, but would like a decent view with a less hectic exit. We will be heading back to Bonnet Creek Resort. Will have personal vehicle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would recommend you go ahead and use the valet parking. I believe it will run about $5 more than using the MK parking lot. You can just leave the breakfast and go straight to the park. It is my understanding you only have to pay once a day for valet parking so when you return later in the day to the MK save your receipt and use the contemporary again. It is so nice if you stay for the fireworks to just walk over to the contemporary resort to get your car rather than waiting in the lines for access to transportation.

As far as fireworks at Epcot - I find I can often see from the Norway area as the sidewalk has a slight elevation. Another trick I use is to look for someone in a wheelchair to stand behind as they will stay seated for the show. As far as a fast exit you would need to stand between the 2 gift shops at the gate way to world showcase for the fastest exit. Once you leave the Epcot parking lot the first road off - [I think it is called backstage] takes you directly to the entrance to WBC.

The coffee makers use cone shaped coffee filters. We had 8 filters when we checked in as well as two packages of coffee so we didn't need any extra filters, but you may need extra if you brew more than one pot of coffee a day.

Thank you

There are only 2 of us, we should be fine. I probably will only need to bring extra laundry soap. We should get enough soap and shampoos.

Reservations at 7:30A at Chef Mickey's with plans on immediately going to the park afterwards for a while and heading back to resort for mid-day break and back to park later. Park hours that day are 9a-10p. How long should we allow for travel, where should we park, should we valet at the contemporary? Will have personal vehicle.

Also, later in the week we plan to do Illuminations at Epcot. We would not like to wait for a decent viewing area for more than 30 minutes due to impatient kiddos, but would like a decent view with a less hectic exit. We will be heading back to Bonnet Creek Resort. Will have personal vehicle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
We usually park at the Beach Club and walk in the "back door" of Epcot if we are just going to the fireworks or dinner. It's a very short drive from WBC and the crowds are less when leaving.

I have another question... what type of free stuff do they give out during the presentations? If it's tickets to those other parks we might do it because our daughter really wants to see the wwohp

When we visited in May/June, we were offered a 1-day park pass for each member of our party (4); but we already have PAPs. We were next offered a week at any of their other resorts -- but not WBC.

We returned from our 7 night stay at WBC a few days ago, we loved it! We have been staying in Disney resorts for years we love the resorts but not the small hotel room. We loved the extra space more than we realized we would, the convenience of the washer and dryer was nice, saving some money by eating a few meals in the condo. Loved the jacuzzi tub so relaxing after walking around the parks and we loved the balcony. The one thing we missed was a food court, not many food choices and what they have is expensive and not very good from what I've read and we knew that going in, with that said we will definitely return to WBC. We had a rental car and did drive over to CBR for Mickey waffles twice very close and convenient and drove over to POR once for lunch and once for dinner. this was the best vacation we've had in a long time it was so relaxing, DH wanted to know what took us so long to stay there LOL!! Linda :)

Are any extra fees upon arrival/checkout at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek? Parking fee, resort fee, etc?

Are any extra fees upon arrival/checkout at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek? Parking fee, resort fee, etc?
This thread is about the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resort, which has no such fees.

The Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek hotel does have resort and parking fees.

I have read lots of these post but am wondering which tower most prefer....we have reserved a 2 bedroom and have 2 boys so a fireworks view but close to the main pool would be ideal. Which tower do you think I should try to request at check in? Thanks so much!

We were in a 2 bedroom in Tower 5 last month and had a perfect view of the Frozen fireworks at DHS with the lazy river pool outside our door, another pool, pool bar and hottub just a few feet away by Tower 4 as well as a third pirate ship themed pool with slide a few feet away in the other direction by Tower 6. It was the perfect location for us.

We were in a 2 bedroom in Tower 5 last month and had a perfect view of the Frozen fireworks at DHS with the lazy river pool outside our door, another pool, pool bar and hottub just a few feet away by Tower 4 as well as a third pirate ship themed pool with slide a few feet away in the other direction by Tower 6. It was the perfect location for us.

That sounds just about perfect! This is our first stay here so I wanted at least a general frame of reference before checking. What floor were you on? I want to make sure we are high enough to see fireworks if we get lucky enough to get a view.

Thanks

That sounds just about perfect! This is our first stay here so I wanted at least a general frame of reference before checking. What floor were you on? I want to make sure we are high enough to see fireworks if we get lucky enough to get a view.

Thanks

We were on the 9th Floor and it was perfect. We checked in on a Saturday and asked for a fireworks view if one was available and that's what we were assigned. Room 982, Tower 5.

We will be checking in late ( 8pm) Tuesday, Sept 16.... I am worried that this will limit our request options. Reserved a 2 bedroom but hoping for a fireworks view. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Hoping that because it's is not peak season we might get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter