The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone rented from Angela and Keith of myresortnetwork? They offered an incredible price, but I hear this site can have scams, so I want to check to see any reference here. Or any other forum that I should check? Thanks ahead

I have also rented from them for my upcoming trip at the end of September. Transaction went smooth and they were very pleasant to deal with. It did not seem like a scam to me. They sent me a confirmation page and I will call the resort closer to the date to verify I am booked.

About a month ago I read a thread on here about WBC and bed bugs... I was more turned off by how it was handled, but WBC has the cheapest rates by far (Marriott Harbour lake is at 180/nt!)

So anyone been to WBC recently and heard any reports of bed bugs?

That is tower 5.

Thank you! It was tower 5.

We booked last minute via someone on Ebay, so we were not able to get our tower request. THANK GOODNESS! Tower 5 is no longer my favorite, lol. We are currently in Tower 3 overlooking the lake and have a great view of the ball at Epcot. We have been watching the fireworks each night right from our balcony. It's great!

This will be our last visit to Bonnet Creek as tourists though......we have officially moved here from Oregon, and our townhome lease in Windermere starts this weekend :cool1:

Is this the same Farrell's Vacations that has been renting reservations on ebay for years? He has lots of recent positive feedback.

He has positive feedback on eBay. I was not booking on eBay I was doing it through his website. I need to book today, just nervous about it. Reading through the post on here it all looks positive. I just don't understand how he makes the reservation in his name and then 2 weeks before puts it in my name. I would love to hear from someone who has done this.

I paid for a rental last week that I found on vrbo but then I got my money back. Once I read the contract I got my money back before I signed it. The contract said something about the resort being oversold and you could not get your money back. Seemed like a bait and switch to me.

I paid for a rental last week that I found on vrbo but then I got my money back. Once I read the contract I got my money back before I signed it. The contract said something about the resort being oversold and you could not get your money back. Seemed like a bait and switch to me.

Ok that is enough for me not to follow through with them and go with someone else. I'm glad you were able to catch that in time. :duck:

I just don't understand how he makes the reservation in his name and then 2 weeks before puts it in my name.
Wyndham's timeshare system uses something called "Guest Confirmations." Any time an owner wants to book a unit for someone other than themselves, they must obtain a GC in the guest's name. This can be done when the unit is booked, or anytime thereafter. However, an owner only gets a limited number of "free" GCs, and must buy any over that allotment. Furthermore, the names can't be changed once they are applied; you need a new one to change the name. So, most owners who do a lot of renting tend not to apply them until quite close to check-in.

Wyndham's timeshare system uses something called "Guest Confirmations." Any time an owner wants to book a unit for someone other than themselves, they must obtain a GC in the guest's name. This can be done when the unit is booked, or anytime thereafter. However, an owner only gets a limited number of "free" GCs, and must buy any over that allotment. Furthermore, the names can't be changed once they are applied; you need a new one to change the name. So, most owners who do a lot of renting tend not to apply them until quite close to check-in.

Thank you Brian that is helpful!

Ok that is enough for me not to follow through with them and go with someone else. I'm glad you were able to catch that in time. :duck:

That was not Farrell it was another company. It was a company on VRBO. I plan on using Farrell I can not find anything bad, only good reviews.

I just returned from our trip and I have to say I was not impressed with WBC. We stayed only one night because the Hilton was full but spent our next couple of days at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. It was a night and day experience between the two. I won't share all the details here as I'm tired but left a review on Trip Advisor that has details. The WBC had terrible customer service, put us in 2 dirty rooms and finally a 3rd that reeked but that was 3 hours after checking in and we were just tired. My daughter cut her foot because there was an exposed tac strip sticking up from between the master bedroom and bathroom. The beds are beyond firm...think its stone under the sheets! The good news is I called Vacation Strategies to tell them of our experience and they said that WBC used to be one of their top resorts but has been going downhill and referred to it as their "problem child" at the moment. They provided us a full refund and were very apologetic and promised to look into the incidents. I really was shocked at our experience after reading so many wonderful reviews. Very disappointing indeed :(

I finally talked the other family we're traveling with to stay at WBC, I'm so excited. I apologize if this question has been asked 500x's already but I'm just starting to read through all the pages in the thread.

What type of discount do you get on theme park tickets, Disney and/or Universal, if you sit through the timeshare schtick?

Thank you.

I just returned from our trip and I have to say I was not impressed with WBC. We stayed only one night because the Hilton was full but spent our next couple of days at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. It was a night and day experience between the two. I won't share all the details here as I'm tired but left a review on Trip Advisor that has details. The WBC had terrible customer service, put us in 2 dirty rooms and finally a 3rd that reeked but that was 3 hours after checking in and we were just tired. My daughter cut her foot because there was an exposed tac strip sticking up from between the master bedroom and bathroom. The beds are beyond firm...think its stone under the sheets! The good news is I called Vacation Strategies to tell them of our experience and they said that WBC used to be one of their top resorts but has been going downhill and referred to it as their "problem child" at the moment. They provided us a full refund and were very apologetic and promised to look into the incidents. I really was shocked at our experience after reading so many wonderful reviews. Very disappointing indeed :(

Very sorry about your negative experience. We were there in June and had an absolutely wonderful experience -- have already booked October and December trips. I've posted lots of pictures on here of our 2 bedroom and the resort grounds. Our entire experience could not have been any better! BTW, we booked our October trip through Vacation Strategies and didn't get any negative vibes from them about the resort. Quite the opposite.

We have friends staying at another hotel. Would they be able to come hangout at the pool with us at BC while we are staying there?

We have friends staying at another hotel. Would they be able to come hangout at the pool with us at BC while we are staying there?

Yes, guests are welcome at WBC. Just tell them to tell the security guard that they are visiting your room number.

So sorry to hear about your bad experience as our experience in two stays that total four weeks in both a one and two bedroom unit was completely opposite to yours. Rooms were spotless and I love their beds :)

I wonder if those staying for a night or two are assigned different units than those staying a week or two :scratchin

We too have used VS to book our units.

I've tried reading through the whole thread, but in the interest of time and sanity:

Has anyone booked through 5 Star Resorts Plus? They quoted me a one bedroom at BC for $852 the week of winter break in February.

I know the posters here seem to like Ken Price (or they did the last time I was looking at BC) is this still the case?

Do you think I should see if I can get a better deal from him?

If we do book a one bedroom, can we make requests (a certain tower, view, etc) and what would you recommend if we can?

Thanks!

Does Bonnet Creek allow outside restaurant deliveries to the building or room?
Any information will be helpful. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter