The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone rented from Angela and Keith of myresortnetwork? They offered an incredible price, but I hear this site can have scams, so I want to check to see any reference here. Or any other forum that I should check? Thanks ahead

We check in on Sunday to Bonnet Creek and would like to stay in the same building we stayed in back in 2011, but can't remember which one it is!

The last time we were there, we stayed in the building that had a lazy river right outside and the next swimming pool over to the left (if you were looking down at the pool from the building) had the pirate ship.

Is that building 5?

Thanks!
That is tower 5.

Anyone rented from Angela and Keith of myresortnetwork? They offered an incredible price, but I hear this site can have scams, so I want to check to see any reference here. Or any other forum that I should check? Thanks ahead

We are also renting from someone we found on myresortnetwork. I couldn't find anyone on here to vouch for it when I booked. But the renter sent me a copy of the guest confirmation in my name and I called BC and confirmed my reservation. I guess there is nothing to prevent them from cancelling the reservation between now and our arrival in February, but that is true of any timeshare rental I guess. My sleuthing proved that they were legit owners and own a family business, and I have enough email documentation to demonstrate the fraud, should they try to scam me.

We are also renting from someone we found on myresortnetwork. I couldn't find anyone on here to vouch for it when I booked. But the renter sent me a copy of the guest confirmation in my name and I called BC and confirmed my reservation. I guess there is nothing to prevent them from cancelling the reservation between now and our arrival in February, but that is true of any timeshare rental I guess. My sleuthing proved that they were legit owners and own a family business, and I have enough email documentation to demonstrate the fraud, should they try to scam me.

Thank you. It's good to know we are not alone.

Sorry if these questions (or answers to them) are somewhere else in thread, I'm not sure how to search within a thread.

1. how is fitness centre at BC? Size, decent treadmills?

2. Is it better to bring own beach towels? For hotel pool, and if heading to water parks. Have taken resort ones before from other hotels, but didn't need to check them out.

3. Is it worthwhile to being some pool toys (floats)?

The fitness center's are ok - nothing special. I asked at check in and got wrong info - so FYI there is a fitness center in the main check in area and also one in Tower 6 that can be used by anyone, and they are open 24 hours. I think there is also one in the hotel, but I didn't look at that one personally. The treadmills are ok, decent enough for running. I usually found tower 6 to be less busy then the main check in area center.

Beach towels is a personal preference. The first time we went, we checked them out and had a lot of problems checking them back in because they couldn't find the slip they had written my name on. They told me I could leave and it wouldn't matter, but I stayed until they found my slip because I didn't want to get charged. Since we drove this year, we brought our own, but honestly it's probably not necessary.

The only pool things we brought were goggles, they have tubes available for the lazy river and that was good enough for my kiddos.

Sorry if these questions (or answers to them) are somewhere else in thread, I'm not sure how to search within a thread.

1. how is fitness centre at BC? Size, decent treadmills?

2. Is it better to bring own beach towels? For hotel pool, and if heading to water parks. Have taken resort ones before from other hotels, but didn't need to check them out.

3. Is it worthwhile to being some pool toys (floats)?

I am not sure if these were answered so here is my 2 cents.

We LOVE love love love love the gym in the Bonnet Creek hotel. It's new as of a couple of years ago and its simply put, fabulous. The bikes have a screen that show you on your bike going through different turf, like a video game. IT's so cool.

Yes bring your own towels, unless you are flying. I wished I had had my own.

Yes bring pool floaties! They sell them by the pool and your kids WILL want to buy them. I always buy pool noodles for the lazy river.

We are thinking of renting from an owner from myresortnetwork, but I can't find reference about that owner from any forum, but did found an old 2012 listing from them on vacationtimesharerental. Here is the email from them, does that makes sense about the 15 day mark expediting process? We never rented before. I saw ebay is still selling WBC rentals within 15 days though. We just want to make sure they are not scams, etc. Thank you for any suggestions or comments!

'...
Since we are within 15 days prior to checkin, the transaction procedure needs to be expedited.
1. If you are seriously interested, please let us know and we will book your unit now. We will send you the reservation letter from Wyndham which shows that we have secured that unit.
2. If everything looks acceptable to you, we will then send you a payment request through paypal.com. At that time, please provide the name and address of the person checking in. We will add this to the traveler guest certificate
3. When the payment has cleared through paypal (to be paid via credit card), we will send you the traveler guest certificate (to be presented at checkin)

We need to complete this process (steps 1,2 and 3 above) by August 8th as we are within the 15 day checkin window.

We have rented to many others in the past with great success and never had an issue (just some experience to pass along).
Please let us know if you would like to proceed or need more info.
'

Here is the email from them, does that makes sense about the 15 day mark expediting process?
Yes, the urgency inside 15 days makes perfect sense to any Wyndham owner. With Wyndham, if you cancel within 15 days of your scheduled arrival, all of the points used for the reservation are forfeited.

The way this owner appears to be handling the reservation gives them tremendous risk.

This will sound harsh, but the most sensible thing for the owner to do in this situation is to collect every penny of the rental, with a strict no-cancellation policy, BEFORE making the reservation. Doing anything less than that exposes the owner to 100% of the risk -- if you don't pay, if you change your mind, if your flight plans get messed up and you show up a day late, etc, etc, etc. The risk is ALL on the owner.

I don't rent points, but if I did, I would not even consider such a last minute reservation -- way too much risk for the owner.

Yes, the urgency inside 15 days makes perfect sense to any Wyndham owner. With Wyndham, if you cancel within 15 days of your scheduled arrival, all of the points used for the reservation are forfeited.

Thanks JImMIA.

Seems it makes sense why there are still last minute rental at ebay, since those owners at least can get the money first before reserving within 15 days window. Would you(or anyone else) recommend me as a leasee, to rent from ebay instead? Ebay has my dates too from a couple sellers with some timeshare rental history(though not tons of history). Thanks again.

I rented from them for our trip in 2 weeks. I cannot say how it went as we have yet to go.

I will say they are very helpful and accommodating. I got my confirmation letter which I got at 60 days out.

I used a credit card so if there is any issues I can call my card and get my money back.

I am a couple questions and I know they have been asked but I cannot find them

1) How do I change and lock the AC

2) Need basic directions to the parks from WBC

3) Need directions from MCO to WBC

14 days:banana:

Thank you for the feed back, and we just pulled trigger to rent from them too. Here is the AC instructions I noted down from this thread(somewhere buried) ' ::: Set the temperature that you want. Hold the F/C button until 6P appears. Your temp is set and will not change until you change it'

Regarding maps, what I did is just to use google map and GPS . BTW, some old GPS might point wrong way(lesson learned) especially on the way to MK. Google map and navigation is much better, and I always use that.

Hope it helps, Thanks.

I rented from them for our trip in 2 weeks. I cannot say how it went as we have yet to go.

I will say they are very helpful and accommodating. I got my confirmation letter which I got at 60 days out.

I used a credit card so if there is any issues I can call my card and get my money back.

I am a couple questions and I know they have been asked but I cannot find them

1) How do I change and lock the AC

2) Need basic directions to the parks from WBC

3) Need directions from MCO to WBC

14 days:banana:

Thanks Sylvester7577! A Trick or Treat around the lake sounds like it will work out perfectly. :cool1: Good plan on MNSSHP! I put this trip together before learning all the tricks, and didn't know about MNSSHP at the time.

I did get ADRs to CRT and the Hoop Dee Doo Review, but my budget can't handle many more special events. I'm paying close to rack rate for our stay at WBC. Had I known about booking through owners such as VS et all, we could doing every hard ticket event during our stay, but alas. Next time.

I did book a night at the FW Campgrounds, so we could get the Disney Resort guests perks for a couple of days, as well at the Chip and Dale marshmallow roast.

Thanks again. :wave2: Cant wait to check out Wyndham Bonnet Creek!
I feel your pain on the rack rate, we usually rent from Ken and Denise at Vacation Upgrades and have a week in September booked. Well before checking I invited my brother and his family to join us and I was taking the 2 older kids with us to MNSSHP and since they just had twins I was getting them another condo.

Oh my....all availability is pretty much gone in September and so I ended up going direct and getting them a 2BR through Wyndham site. I think what I am paying for there 2 nights is pretty close to what I am paying for the entire week on mine (at least it feels that way) :) Now I have a rate I can cancel and Ken is going to keep an eye out for any openings and then I have VS checking too.

I feel your pain on the rack rate, we usually rent from Ken and Denise at Vacation Upgrades and have a week in September booked. Well before checking I invited my brother and his family to join us and I was taking the 2 older kids with us to MNSSHP and since they just had twins I was getting them another condo.

Oh my....all availability is pretty much gone in September and so I ended up going direct and getting them a 2BR through Wyndham site. I think what I am paying for there 2 nights is pretty close to what I am paying for the entire week on mine (at least it feels that way) :) Now I have a rate I can cancel and Ken is going to keep an eye out for any openings and then I have VS checking too.
I would also look on ebay. Right now there's about 55 listings with September dates.

I emailed Ken Price at Vacation upgrades the check the availably sept 26-October 1st at WBC. He said as of right now nothing is available. He did mention that 15-20 days prior to us coming down that there might be cancelations and something could open up.

Does anyone know what the likelihood of something actually opening up? I am wondering if I should wait or go ahead and book somewhere else?

Thanks!

I emailed Ken Price at Vacation upgrades the check the availably sept 26-October 1st at WBC. He said as of right now nothing is available. He did mention that 15-20 days prior to us coming down that there might be cancelations and something could open up.

Does anyone know what the likelihood of something actually opening up? I am wondering if I should wait or go ahead and book somewhere else?

Thanks!

Try Ebay.... ther are always a ton of listings for September like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wyndham-Bon...71416133442?pt=US_Lodging&hash=item27e9329f42
Just pay with Paypal or a credit card to protect yourself.

I received an email back from Farrell with availability the time we need it for. I read back and it looks like there are positive comments using Farrell. So I hope that will work out.

This board has been very helpful!

Just checked out yesterday morning after a 7 night stay. Rented from Ken and Denise Price. I highly recommend VacationUpgrades! We took my sister who immediately texted her boyfriend and adult children right after checking in to start planning her own family vacation for next year.

Couple observations - hotel pool (next to tower 6) is much nicer for adults because the water temp is cooler than tower 5 or main pool (and fewer kids since no lazy river), and bar drinks are pricey...make your own to sip poolside

Can anyone confirm any extra fees at resort? Are there daily resort or parking fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter