The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative - A MOUSE, an underwhelming response to said mouse, and a musty replacement room Time will tell if we ever try this property again. Time heals so, I suspect we will try it one more time because we really want to like it. It's got a lot going for it and we like other Wyndham properties. So, we'll see.

Thanks for posting. Have to be honest and say I am now TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!

We check in on Tuesday, so no time to book elsewhere. What tower was the issue? 3? And what one smelled?

This will be our first WBC stay and first trip to WDW. Can someone talk me off the ledge?

We check in on Tuesday, so no time to book elsewhere. What tower was the issue? 3? And what one smelled?

This will be our first WBC stay and first trip to WDW. Can someone talk me off the ledge?

I'll try to "talk you off the ledge":
As for the mouse, I have been reading this thread, and the predecessor threads, since they started. This is the first time I have read about a problem with a mouse, over I would guess a thousand people reporting on their stays.
There are, rarely, people who claim a room smells or is musty. But as I said, it is rare.

We're scheduled to arrive at The World in 1 week!! :banana::cool1::banana: We're spending the 1st night (Sunday 2/23) at ASMu (wanted those Magic Bands :cool2:) and then switching to WBC for 8 more nights. We plan to check out of ASMu early on 2/24, drive to WBC, and try to check in. We're planning on hitting Epcot and doing WS after that. My question is... If our room isn't ready yet, will they be able to store a cooler for us? We plan to hit Walmart when we get there on 2/23 (we live about 2hrs away so we're driving) so we won't waste a park day shopping. We won't have much, just milk and a few things, but I don't want to leave them in the cooler in the car. Will they let us leave the cold stuff in our cooler at the luggage desk or something? Any other ideas on how to work it? :confused3

We're scheduled to arrive at The World in 1 week!! :banana::cool1::banana: We're spending the 1st night (Sunday 2/23) at ASMu (wanted those Magic Bands :cool2:) and then switching to WBC for 8 more nights. We plan to check out of ASMu early on 2/24, drive to WBC, and try to check in. We're planning on hitting Epcot and doing WS after that. My question is... If our room isn't ready yet, will they be able to store a cooler for us? We plan to hit Walmart when we get there on 2/23 (we live about 2hrs away so we're driving) so we won't waste a park day shopping. We won't have much, just milk and a few things, but I don't want to leave them in the cooler in the car. Will they let us leave the cold stuff in our cooler at the luggage desk or something? Any other ideas on how to work it? :confused3

They have a large refrigerator inside the valet room; I'm sure that you could put your cooler stuff in their if you ask nicely. :)

Don't worry. It will be fine. If not, just talk to the manager. I have his cell phone number if you need it.

I'm sorry, I really didn't intend to freak anyone out but, wanted to provide a blunt review of our experience. Odds are you will have a perfectly fine stay like so many others. To answer your questions about the rooms, the mouse issue was tower 2 room 131. The musty room was tower 3 room 362. We really thought the smell would get better once the air conditioning ran awhile. Rooms can smell funky after being shut up without hvac running. However, this room never got better. We would get used to the smell after half an hour or so but, if we walked out and came back in it hit us. It smelled like wet carpet.

This property appears to be well maintained - our beef is about their response to our issues not, so much the issues themselves. I genuinely hope you have a great vacation!

Need some help here trying to understand why folks are staying 1 night onsite for Magic Bands or doing reservations at the camp grounds and never showing up?

What is the big benefit for doing this? I get a "ghost" reservation would make you "onsite" and you'd get all the "perks" but what does 1 night do?

I am think about ghosting but the cost vs benefit argument keeps coming up.

Help explain it to me.

Thanks all for the pep talk. I'm off the ledge and much better. Pre-trip anxiety run amuck!

We'll be there in less than 48 hours and I can't wait. Will post a report and some pics later in the week. :)

I think you could see a mouse or rat at any hotel. I believe I read that people saw rats behind a restaurant in Epcot. Where there is food, there will be rats and mice.

If you see a mouse or mouse droppings, call the front desk and move to another room. I don't like the idea of a mouse either...but it happens.

We are getting a 3bdrm place in November at bonnet creek. We have 2 seniors, 2 adults and 2 school age kids (6 & 9) in our party. Any suggestions on any room requests we should make?

PLEASE HELP!!!! I got a quote from Vacation Strategies for our trip in May. I emailed them last night saying that I can now pay the deposit, and they emailed me back saying those dates are not available! :sad: We have booked thru them the past 2 trips. Can someone please recommend another person to rent from?? We are going May 10-17. I already bought airfare. If you cant comment here, please PM. TIA

PLEASE HELP!!!! I got a quote from Vacation Strategies for our trip in May. I emailed them last night saying that I can now pay the deposit, and they emailed me back saying those dates are not available! :sad: We have booked thru them the past 2 trips. Can someone please recommend another person to rent from?? We are going May 10-17. I already bought airfare. If you cant comment here, please PM. TIA
There's a listing with those dates on Ebay right now, but it is expensive. Since you are locked in to your dates, I suggest finding some kind of backup reservation that you can cancel, then keep shopping on ebay, redweek, tugbbs for something to come up.

Try VRBO.com Have used many times with no problems

Just booked bonnet creek for September, can't wait. Do all pool areas have music during the day? We like to be near a lively pool area.

we booked through Michael Sullivan

CEO Mike Sullivan, Ph 630-687-5012
Email: msullivan@winpointvip.com

He had the best rates for our dates.. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter