The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decorating rooms/doors?

Has anyone decorated at BC? How big are the windows, doors ok to decorate? Any pics to share?

We have a few questions on Bonnet Creek.

Can a 2 bedroom deluxe and a 2 bedroom presidential sleep 8 people? We are 4 adults and 3 kids. I've seen pics of both. If the price is close enough, we may opt for the presidential because we like the lay out better.

How is the parking? Some review sites say it's pretty difficult to find a spot, especially in the summer. What's been your experience?

What are the best shuttle companies to take you from the airport to BC if we opt out of getting a minivan?

Thanks for your help. The place looks incredible.

We have a few questions on Bonnet Creek.

Can a 2 bedroom deluxe and a 2 bedroom presidential sleep 8 people? We are 4 adults and 3 kids. I've seen pics of both. If the price is close enough, we may opt for the presidential because we like the lay out better.

How is the parking? Some review sites say it's pretty difficult to find a spot, especially in the summer. What's been your experience?

The deluxe and pres are the same layout.....just the decor is different. Not totally sure but I think the pres only sleep 6....no sofa bed.

We were there this past July in building 5. Parking in front of the building was just OK during the day but after about 7:30pm there was nothing left. We would have to go into the garage to find spot. The night we arrived it was approx 10pm on a Sat. and we had to go all the way to the top floor of the garage to get a spot.

If anyone has a reservation made Feb 15th or later, I highly recommend that you check out the thread on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board about the new $12 fee per day for transportation (parking/shuttle). At this point, it is a little unclear if the fee is for all guests (who are not owners at WBC...renting from an owner doesn't count) or just the guests who elect to use the shuttle.

That means an extra $84/week to pay at the front desk...not exactly a drop in the bucket.

I would recommend you contact your rental company for more information...someone on the thread mentioned Ken and Denise Price were refunding their renters the $84 as the contract said "no extra fees."

If anyone has a reservation made Feb 15th or later, I highly recommend that you check out the thread on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board about the new $12 fee per day for transportation (parking/shuttle). At this point, it is a little unclear if the fee is for all guests (who are not owners at WBC...renting from an owner doesn't count) or just the guests who elect to use the shuttle.

That means an extra $84/week to pay at the front desk...not exactly a drop in the bucket.

I would recommend you contact your rental company for more information...someone on the thread mentioned Ken and Denise Price were refunding their renters the $84 as the contract said "no extra fees."
We will have a rental car- will it still be charged?

We will have a rental car- will it still be charged?

It's unclear at this point what is happening with the fee. The other thread says that it's a fee that will be charged to ALL non-owners. There is also a few reports of people calling WBC to ask about it and they have been told it's a shuttle use only fee. The one thing that stands out is it appears that the WBC staff do not want to admit that they don't really know right now.

So far I haven't seen anything that pertains to a parking only fee. There are Wyndham owners who have chimed in on the thread to say that other Wyndham resorts charge this fee.

Thanks for the response of the 2 bedroom question.

Also I have been getting quotes on WBC and have noticed an note (usually in the fine print) that parking fees are not covered.

It's unclear at this point what is happening with the fee. The other thread says that it's a fee that will be charged to ALL non-owners. There is also a few reports of people calling WBC to ask about it and they have been told it's a shuttle use only fee. The one thing that stands out is it appears that the WBC staff do not want to admit that they don't really know right now.

So far I haven't seen anything that pertains to a parking only fee. There are Wyndham owners who have chimed in on the thread to say that other Wyndham resorts charge this fee.

5. How can Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort help me plan for my Disney vacation?
The resort offers scheduled transportation to the Disney Theme Parks for a mandatory fee of $12 per day per unit. Our on-site Disney Planning Center is staffed with Disney Cast Members who can assist you with a full array of Walt Disney World® Tickets, Disney Dining Reservations, and insider tips for visiting the parks.

http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/faq.html

No sure whom it applies to :confused3

I used that Dream Res link up top to book. Upon searching there was Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Orlando Bonnet Creek. Can someone tell me the difference? Wyndham 2br $231 and Orlando 2br $109? Both have the same address.

Very bizzarre! I just looked at this and they are both WBC so I don't understand!!! Possibly one is Presidential units and one is Deluxe???? Very strange.

I just saw this review on trip advisor. $16 resort fee, doesn't include any parking or shuttle costs. Shuttle isn't bad for a larger group, $12 per unit per day. Parking is $13 a day self park or $19 valet. Do I understand this correctly?

For our trip we would need to add $16x7 and $12x7 or $13x7(shuttle vs. park) - additional $196 vs. $203

From tripadvisor.com

"We chose the hotel because of ts published cost compared to competitiors.. but when it comes to costs, there's some unknowns until you arrive. The hotel has a $16 per day, plus all the taxes w/ it, figuring to nearly $20 a day for what they call "The Resort Fee". In other words, the listed rate is just for 'the room', the approx $20 Resort Fee is for everything else; Free WI-Fi, swimming pool, exercise room, ... Also, to Self-Park is $13 a day or Valet $19. Hotels are getting as bad as the airlines with their additional fees. Other than these added costs, the hotel is overall nice.

I just saw this review on trip advisor. $16 resort fee, doesn't include any parking or shuttle costs. Shuttle isn't bad for a larger group, $12 per unit per day. Parking is $13 a day self park or $19 valet. Do I understand this correctly?

For our trip we would need to add $16x7 and $12x7 or $13x7(shuttle vs. park) - additional $196 vs. $203

From tripadvisor.com

"We chose the hotel because of ts published cost compared to competitiors.. but when it comes to costs, there's some unknowns until you arrive. The hotel has a $16 per day, plus all the taxes w/ it, figuring to nearly $20 a day for what they call "The Resort Fee". In other words, the listed rate is just for 'the room', the approx $20 Resort Fee is for everything else; Free WI-Fi, swimming pool, exercise room, ... Also, to Self-Park is $13 a day or Valet $19. Hotels are getting as bad as the airlines with their additional fees. Other than these added costs, the hotel is overall nice.

Those prices are consistent with what's been known to be charged by the Wyndham Grande At Bonnet Creek since it's opening. The Grande is the hotel located in the same complex as the timeshare resort. Until this recent bit of news has broken about the $12/day charge, the Timeshare site was fee-free.

Those prices are consistent with what's been known to be charged by the Wyndham Grande At Bonnet Creek since it's opening. The Grande is the hotel located in the same complex as the timeshare resort. Until this recent bit of news has broken about the $12/day charge, the Timeshare site was fee-free.

Yes...that's the hotel not the timeshare. I was booked to stay there last summer until I found out about the resort and parking fee. Which BTW, was not on their website at all....I found out on Tripadvisor and called to confirm with the hotel. I ended up getting a last minute res for a 2br timeshare for less than what the hotel would have cost after all the fees and tax were added.

5. How can Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort help me plan for my Disney vacation?
The resort offers scheduled transportation to the Disney Theme Parks for a mandatory fee of $12 per day per unit. Our on-site Disney Planning Center is staffed with Disney Cast Members who can assist you with a full array of Walt Disney World® Tickets, Disney Dining Reservations, and insider tips for visiting the parks.

http://www.wyndhambonnetcreek.com/faq.html

No sure whom it applies to :confused3

I was just relaying what Wyndham owners have already said.....they have not been formally made aware of what the new fee will cover and how it's applied. Some have even called WBC to ask and have been given different answers, leading them to believe that the resort staff doesn't even know yet.

If the above is correct then a 'mandatory' fee will be charged to all. Regardless, of shuttle use.

If the above is correct then a 'mandatory' fee will be charged to all. Regardless, of shuttle use.

Lovely.
Its on the website now. Wasnt there a few days ago. :(
Just one more way to get more money from us. Probably because sales are down. You can get a timeshare with triple the points I have for under $1000 on ebay.

I am looking at/researching wyndham bonnet creek and hilton bonnet creek ...are these the same properties?
Talk about confusing..
.on AAA website the rate is so much lower for the hilton property and the address matches the hilton PIX, which shows two pools, a lazy river pool and then it looks to be next to the Ritz Carlton...all the Bonnet Creek Threads here are timeshare resorts right? But when I go thru those e pix they are showing the Same pool area..????..

Are there different areas within the SAME hotel complex?
Am I just lost due to Disney Research Overload? :rotfl:
D0 they all Share the same pool/s area?
All share the shuttle to the parks?
I noted that the hilton says 20 fee per day (internet/gym etc) and a 14. for self park or 21 (i think) for valet...

I am thinking of canceling my onsite Mod. Disney stay to try the Hilton (as the dh may like better) ...and could really use some clarification to compare apples to apples....
Would you compare this to a mod or Deluxe Style resort as far as amenities? Looks like it is a 4 star????

And by chance, its says the hotel is about 20 minutes from MCO airport....accurate info?
Is shuttle (to parks) reliable or just a waste of time etc
I have a veh held this trip anyway ...

ANY help would be appreciated! TIA[/B
Talk about Over My Head...:duck:

Lovely.
Its on the website now. Wasnt there a few days ago. :(
Just one more way to get more money from us. Probably because sales are down. You can get a timeshare with triple the points I have for under $1000 on ebay.

168,000 points at Bonnet Creek sold 2 weeks ago for $750.
When I was there in December and took the "seminar," I was offered "dirt cheap" (I kid you not) points---83,000 points at Cypress Palmes for $13,500 WITH 15% financing.
500,000 points at my home resort Star Island was up for sale for $1 last week. There were NO bidders.

I am looking at/researching wyndham bonnet creek and hilton bonnet creek ...are these the same properties?
Talk about confusing..
.on AAA website the rate is so much lower for the hilton property and the address matches the hilton PIX, which shows two pools, a lazy river pool and then it looks to be next to the Ritz Carlton...all the Bonnet Creek Threads here are timeshare resorts right? But when I go thru those e pix they are showing the Same pool area..????..

Are there different areas within the SAME hotel complex?
Am I just lost due to Disney Research Overload? :rotfl:
D0 they all Share the same pool/s area?
All share the shuttle to the parks?
I noted that the hilton says 20 fee per day (internet/gym etc) and a 14. for self park or 21 (i think) for valet...

I am thinking of canceling my onsite Mod. Disney stay to try the Hilton (as the dh may like better) ...and could really use some clarification to compare apples to apples....
Would you compare this to a mod or Deluxe Style resort as far as amenities? Looks like it is a 4 star????

And by chance, its says the hotel is about 20 minutes from MCO airport....accurate info?
Is shuttle (to parks) reliable or just a waste of time etc
I have a veh held this trip anyway ...

ANY help would be appreciated! TIA[/B
Talk about Over My Head...:duck:

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort, and the first resort to be built on the property Wyndham owns. Wyndham Grand at Bonnet Creek is a hotel sandwiched between the timeshare buildings around the lake, at the far side from the entrance. Both Grand and timeshare can use each other's pools, workout centers, etc.
The Hilton and Ritz Carlton are "across the street" from the entrance to the Grand. Each property is autonomous, and as far as I know, you can not use the facilities of one while staying at the other, nor can you use the Bonnet Creek facilities.
20 minutes to MCO? Ha. Google shows 26-34 minutes. It takes me about 40 minutes, and I'm a fast New York City driver.
I can't say how the Hilton compares to a Disney Mod, but I would say that if you're willing to give up the Disney amenities and stay near Bonnet Creek, go with Bonnet Creek--you'll have a big condo with a kitchen, 5 pools, 2 lazy rivers, 2 water slides, etc. AND pay a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter