The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JessB320 said:
Yes more than once, what do you want to know?

Ooooohhhh....(hand raised) i have a question :)
Or maybe 2...

1. Are the 3BD deluxe in all of the various buildings or just in a few?
2. How different are the deluxe from the presidential? Does it really feel like a downgrade?

Thanks ;)

5mouseketeersforus said:
Ooooohhhh....(hand raised) i have a question :)
Or maybe 2...

1. Are the 3BD deluxe in all of the various buildings or just in a few?
2. How different are the deluxe from the presidential? Does it really feel like a downgrade?

Thanks ;)

1- yes 3 bedroom deluxes are in all the buildings, three bedroom presidentials are only in building 6

2- to me the difference isn't that big, and actually the presidentials don't have sleeper couches so they sleep fewer people. We are fine with the deluxe rooms.

I booked with vacation strategy two months after I received the quote. I booked 9 months in advance of our stay (Mar 2013) but I noticed on this board that someone who is overlapping dates with me booked more recently for the same price I paid.
Did you book it with the 2 month old quote and get it for the price quoted?

JessB320 said:
1- yes 3 bedroom deluxes are in all the buildings, three bedroom presidentials are only in building 6

2- to me the difference isn't that big, and actually the presidentials don't have sleeper couches so they sleep fewer people. We are fine with the deluxe rooms.

Ok i read the last 12 pages. Has anyone stayed in a 3 bedroom deluxe?

Stayed, no. Staying, yes.

After what seemed like a never ending quest of planning and research, we checked in yesterday. The room wasn't ready till 5 and we did not get the view we requested ( hence the term request) and its still awesome. I went through all three we looove threads, obsessed about every picture. Then we got here and everything just changed for the better.

I admit I am a complete noob about wbc ( and Disney/orlando), but so me of the people staying with us stayed at floridays last year and they seem to like it better.
No parking pass hard sell ( perhaps a little soft sell), pizza and wings were good for poolside food and the rooms are huge and well appointed. My kids might be able to go a week without the abomination I call mine craft, and not whine about it.

manhattanman said:
Stayed, no. Staying, yes.

After what seemed like a never ending quest of planning and research, we checked in yesterday. The room wasn't ready till 5 and we did not get the view we requested ( hence the term request) and its still awesome. I went through all three we looove threads, obsessed about every picture. Then we got here and everything just changed for the better.

I admit I am a complete noob about wbc ( and Disney/orlando), but so me of the people staying with us stayed at floridays last year and they seem to like it better.
No parking pass hard sell ( perhaps a little soft sell), pizza and wings were good for poolside food and the rooms are huge and well appointed. My kids might be able to go a week without the abomination I call mine craft, and not whine about it.

LOL about minecraft :). My kids are obsessed/addicted too!!!

Good to hear you are pleased so far. We will be there in a week.

Thanks for this information. I was undecided between 3 bedroom deluxe and 3 bedroom presidential but decided on the deluxe and booked yesterday with VS. I would have liked the 4 bedroom but none were available for our dates.
We're traveling with 5 adults and 3 children. Will we be able to get along without a car? We would be counting on the shuttles to Disney parks. I'd rent a mini van but they only accommodate 7 so we probably won't rent a car.

We are also considering renting a 3 bedroom in the summer. We are a group of 7 but minivan would be a tight fit. What about a large size SUV?

I think I've read that it's $12 a day (per unit) for the shuttle and there are shuttles to/from the airport.

Can anyone recommend using just shuttle services and taxis for Bonnet Creek? What are the pros and cons of not getting a rental? I'm curious about that too. Thanks

We tried only doing shuttles last June with 8 people-4 adults & 4 kids. We gave up and used our mini van (tight fit). In the am the shuttles were packed and we often had to wait 45+ minutes for a spot. My suggestion would be to walk to the first pickup stop and get there EARLY.

Yes more than once, what do you want to know?

Actually most of what I wanted to know was just answered. :D

Another firework questions- it always comes back to the fireworks. :D What room/towers should I request?

Calirya said:
Actually most of what I wanted to know was just answered. :D

Another firework questions- it always comes back to the fireworks. :D What room/towers should I request?

When I called I requested a higher floor if possible in tower 2 or 3. I was given tower 3 on the 7th floor facing the lake and had an excellent view of the fireworks. If you are in tower 2 or 3 you want a higher floor facing the lake. If in Tower 4 or 5 you want a higher floor facing the woods away from the lake.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

We tried only doing shuttles last June with 8 people-4 adults & 4 kids. We gave up and used our mini van (tight fit). In the am the shuttles were packed and we often had to wait 45+ minutes for a spot. My suggestion would be to walk to the first pickup stop and get there EARLY.

Would it be easy to get a taxi if indeed you ended up having to wait for a shuttle that had room?

When I called I requested a higher floor if possible in tower 2 or 3. I was given tower 3 on the 7th floor facing the lake and had an excellent view of the fireworks. If you are in tower 2 or 3 you want a higher floor facing the lake. If in Tower 4 or 5 you want a higher floor facing the woods away from the lake.

Writing this down right now. Thanks!!!

Would it be easy to get a taxi if indeed you ended up having to wait for a shuttle that had room?

You could put a taxi # programmed in your phone just in case but I would think that would be a wait as well. I didn't see any taxis there just waiting for passengers. We were always frustrated because when we got to the bus stop we would be the only ones there but when the bus came everyone would run up to get on and we (towing 4 small girls) were left standing crammed in the aisle (if we got on at all). The buses were already packed by the time they got to our stop--we were in Tower 1 and they pick up at Tower 6 first.

I used that Dream Res link up top to book. Upon searching there was Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Orlando Bonnet Creek. Can someone tell me the difference? Wyndham 2br $231 and Orlando 2br $109? Both have the same address.

Has anyone used My Resort Network to rent from a WBC owner? I found a godd deal for our dates in June and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this site. The owner is Larry and Ruth Wahlburg from Laru Resorts.

Has anyone used My Resort Network to rent from a WBC owner? I found a godd deal for our dates in June and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this site. The owner is Larry and Ruth Wahlburg from Laru Resorts.

This is how I book and will book again! It was less expensive than VS or VU
;)

Does anyone have a current bus schedule for WBC? I know from reading this thread most go with a rental car, but unless we can get an awesome deal on a minivan for 10 days, it is the shuttle for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter