The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this. ;)

QUOTE=momof1+1+2;46648978]
The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? Free refills of all supplies?

Thanks!

Bumping this. ;)

QUOTE=momof1+1+2;46648978]

I was there last week and the sign says something like what's provided is complimentary but extras can be purchased. I believe that 3-4 laundry detergents were included (but no dryer sheets, so bring your own if you use them), 3 dishwasher tabs, 1 small container of dish soap, a few packets of coffee, a few filters, small containers of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion in the bathrooms, and a small salt and pepper container. And a microwave popcorn. I think that was it.

I was there last week and the sign says something like what's provided is complimentary but extras can be purchased. I believe that 3-4 laundry detergents were included (but no dryer sheets, so bring your own if you use them), 3 dishwasher tabs, 1 small container of dish soap, a few packets of coffee, a few filters, small containers of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion in the bathrooms, and a small salt and pepper container. And a microwave popcorn. I think that was it.

We just got back and it was the same for us.

We found that there was plenty of everything for our needs in the room. We did see the "refills" in the gift shop. They were around $1.00 for each item. But we never needed to buy anything. We did bring our own coffee though, so if you're relying on them having that, you will definitely not have enough. But with regard to laundry detergent and dishwasher soap etc, we found there to be more than enough.

When we were there last month, I think we had 3 packets of laundry detergent. That would not have been enough for our family of 6. We washed clothes everyday and towels every 2 days. Thats just me though, I would rather wash a load of clothes every evening than to have to come home with dirty duds. I took some of those tide pods for our extra loads.

I was ther just over a week ago and I can say this is pretty much well correct.

When we were there last month, I think we had 3 packets of laundry detergent. That would not have been enough for our family of 6. We washed clothes everyday and towels every 2 days. Thats just me though, I would rather wash a load of clothes every evening than to have to come home with dirty duds. I took some of those tide pods for our extra loads.

Yes, I neglected to mention in my post that it was just my husband and I. So for the two of us, there was plenty of everything. I always forget most people have kids! :)

So if you have lots of clothes to wash, you may find you need more.

I think we did two or three "loads" (they weren't full) of dishes, but we didn't really eat in the room - only breakfast (a couple of bowls and spoons) and we drank coffee - so some coffee cups. If you are a bigger group and plan to eat in the room a lot, you may need more dishwashing packs.

Sorry I wasn't more clear that there were only two of us!

We stayed at Bonnet Creek for the first time Nov 2-11 and had an amazing time! I had read many reports and they were all fantastic, but I've never stayed offsite, and have made my way through many, many disney resorts and I love the feel of Disney. I was very concerned I would miss the disney atmosphere staying offsite.

So, no, the atmosphere is not disney, but it's pretty darn good. We stayed in Tower 5 (as requested), and it had the pirate lazy river which we LOVED!!!! Hands down Bonnet Creek's variety of awesome pools beats Disney. And the landscaping was beautiful. I did not care for the music most of the time and did miss the disney music. They did have live music at Escuado's (sp?) pool bar and that was always fantastic. But Bonnet Creek is just so serene! Even with the kids whipping by in the lazy river. Way more relaxing than any Disney resort. The hotel (Wyndham Grand), has a lovely, more adult pool with cabanas ($100 though), and outdoor fireplaces. I had not anticipated how RELAXING staying offsite would be.

Escuado's at tower 4-5 had wonderful wraps (and very good fries) for a very reasonable price and we had 2 meals there.

Driving to the parks was a breeze too, with the exception of MK. Disney buses are far better for that park, but otherwise, you can drive to any park in 10 min or less!

The resort was spotless, as was our room with a new sofa. New sofas were arriving during our stay and looked like a leather-type, so might have been for presidentials. A cockroach was found on our last day, in the kitchen, but not by me. I did find noise from other rooms and hallways a tiny bit of a problem, but I'm a light sleeper and it really wasn't much. I overrode the AC but found if I set the fan to constant (to help with noise), the fan blew right over me while I slept and made me cold. If I set the fan to auto, it cycled on and off and kept me either cold or warm if it was off. I preferred the auto setting though. I should have asked for an extra blanket and would have been fine.

At check in, we were asked to go to the Member Services desk for our parking pass. I did not. I unplugged our phone and later saw we had 2 messages left for us. One was from a nice woman telling us we needed our parking pass and she had info on how to save us money. The other was from a more aggressive man telling us that our check-in was not complete and we needed to come to the desk right away with our id. We ignored both messages, kept the phone unplugged and never heard another word all week.

I was worried about staying offsite, but I shouldn't have been. The awesome, relaxing resort, beautiful pools and grounds and extra space more than made up for the lack of Disney atmosphere. My parents preferred less-Disney, and I have a much greater appreciation for it too now. I can't wait to go back!

A few thoughts from our trip in October:

We stayed Oct 20 -27 (like a lot of people here!) We arrived at 5:00 pm and were offered a room in Tower 4 13th floor lake view, they said we could wait and try for a fireworks view, but I wanted a high floor and was tired so we took that room. It was great! Loved the view from the balcony, I'm sure it would have been nice to see the fireworks, but we did go watch them from the window by the elevators and while they were nice we didn't feel like we had missed something huge with our pretty lake view. We did need to override the AC. The check in process was fast enough and we did the parking pass desk (I just looked really disinterested and told the lady that we had morning plans everyday - it really went pretty fast) and we were on our way. We got to our room and our kids changed and made it to the pirate slide and still had about 25 minutes to slide before they shut it down (the slide) at 6:00, so we were very happy with check in.

Our room was fine, I don't think it had been refurbed yet, but we did have a new couch (light blue fabric VERY firm). My only real issue with the room at all was the lame shower heads, but seriously that was it so were VERY happy. I have to say that the elevators were incredibly fast all the time, I was amazed at how quick they were.

I am a very light sleeper and was happy to have a high floor, we could hear music/karoake some times around 9/10 at night but it didn't last long and I just turned the fan on with a/c and was fine. I'm sure we go to bed earlier than most on vacation and the music didn't go very late. Never heard any noise from the hallway ever.

We loved the resort, the kids liked pool hopping, although their favorite was the pirate pool/slide. They thought the slide over at Tower 3 was colder water temp.

In a perfect world I would have liked more in room info about the on site restaurants. They only listed real info for one (La Cocina's maybe?) on a magnet on the fridge. It would have been nice to get better ideas of the menus and hours of the other choices also. We got messed up one night when we went to grab burgers from the place in the main building, got there at 6:10 and found out it closed at 6:00. We thought the only other place was the pizza place so we changed out of our suits and popped over to DTD. This was fine as we all enjoy DTD but I found out later we could have gotten food at other places, which would have been a little easier.

Overall we were very happy with the room and resort, loved the location. It was so easy to get to all the parks and especially DTD. I feel like it was a GREAT value for the money! :thumbsup2

We'll be there this Saturday (the 17th) and just wondering about the pool temperatures?.... are a lot of people swimming or complaining about the temps?

Tons of people swimming, but its in the 80's. just keep checking temps. You should be fine!

We'll be there this Saturday (the 17th) and just wondering about the pool temperatures?.... are a lot of people swimming or complaining about the temps?
We found as also mentioned in previous threads, that the water temps vary from pool to pool. We stayed in tower 5 (lazy river) and the water was nice with more users. Tower four (regular pool w/ hot tubs) was a little chilly with less users. We also had cooler weather temps. Low-mid 70's the end of October.

Most pools are heated. I believe the only ones not heated are the ones with the slides. Doesn't make sense since kids use those, but it is what it is. You should have no problem. When we did get a little chilly, we would just hop in the hot tub until we were nice & toasty. :thumbsup2

We stayed 2 nights at Bonnet Creek. We checked in around 730 pm on Saturday night. No wait as they had 3 or more people checking in. I had called a few days before to ask for a high floor in tower 5. When we got here I added fireworks view. The guy put us in tower 4 1476 which was a fireworks view...sweet. He was very pleasant. We got 4 room keys for the 2 of us. (these also get you in the gate to park your car)
He then sent us to the activities desk to get the parking pass. We had no problems. We are owners and the lady said they just started something new for owners,,,a NO SALES Pitch update with a $75 gift card. I asked if this was mandatory and she said no, of course not. So we declined and never heard from anyone again. We didn't have to fill out any sheet or anything. We got the parking pass and info about restaurants. She gave us her cell number and said she would be our concierge for the stay. Very painless. We had bell services bring up our bags.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe. Typical Wyndham setup. I think they are all pretty much the same. Lots of room..furniture seemed new.
Wireless was fine. We had 2 laptops and never had a problem. No need to bring your own router.

Arriving on Saturday, from those that have been at Disney during Thanksgiving week what are the chances or past experiences of any of the Disney parks closing during any day due to crowd size? Thinking of returning to BC for lunch or dinner and returning to the parks afterward.

Arriving on Saturday, from those that have been at Disney during Thanksgiving week what are the chances or past experiences of any of the Disney parks closing during any day due to crowd size? Thinking of returning to BC for lunch or dinner and returning to the parks afterward.

Be sure to pay attention to the bus schedule, they don't run in the middle of the day most of the time. I'd hate for you to go back for a midday lunch only to find yourself stuck there until the buses started running again.

Sorry if this has been answered before. We are arriving in Orlando early on Saturday along with another family who are flying fom a different city. I know that check in is 400 and that some people have been able to check in early but this is based on availability and is not guaranteed.

If we get there and the room is not ready it seems that they call you when it is ready. What do people do in the interim? Can you drop off your luggage and use the resort ( the pools etc)? What about towels ? Should we pack swim clothes into a carry on bag, and change in the restrooms?

If the pools are not available what do people do, sit in the lobby and wait for a call?

Well we had a car, so we went shopping - we went to Downtown Disney and had some lunch at Wolfang Puck, then we went to Super Target and bought some food, then we stopped at some kitschy t-shirt shops out on 192. Our room was ready when we got back.

But if you don't have a car, you can definitely use the pools. I think there are shower rooms near the pools (I didn't see them myself but I read here that others said they are there). You could take the shuttle over to Downtown Disney or to one of the parks as well.

Yes the bell stand will hold your luggage. I'm not sure about towels - I know you can check out towels for pool usage, but I don't know how it would work without having a room number assigned. I would talk to the front desk about that - I'm absolutely sure they would come up with a solution for you for that.

Yes the bell stand will hold your luggage. I'm not sure about towels - I know you can check out towels for pool usage, but I don't know how it would work without having a room number assigned. I would talk to the front desk about that - I'm absolutely sure they would come up with a solution for you for that.

The Wyndham in Vegas (we were there 3 weeks ago) gave me a "special key" to access the pools and the elevators up to the Activity Center there while I was waiting for our room. I'm sure that BC has a similar set up.

I did a search and looked at the result posts and don't see a current shuttle schedule posted. Does anyone have one from a recent stay that they could upload? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter