The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called to confirm our reservation since we got our room thru eBay and everything was there, thank goodness. I did request a fireworks/lake view and his response was "yeah, okay". I thought I was talking to my 16yr old. Not sure they even take "requests" serious. They can at least humor you and pretend to be recording it somewhere. Id just hate to end up on the back side of Bldg 6 and not have a lake or fireworks view but I guess I probably have a 50/50 shot of it. Oh well....

Hello,

Has anyone ever stayed in a deluxe room in tower 6? Also if you can please include photos of room views of lake view with room number.

Thanks!:cool1:

Okay Google searched this one and can't get an answer I can work with. So I'm calling out to all the Bonnet Creek Aficiandos...

Tried Bonnet Creek for the first time last year. We asked for a lake & fireworks view. That is what we received, however it was NOISY. Very noisy, too noisy for us. Tower 3, Floor 6. We couldn't open our door for fresh air because the fountain was deafening during the day and the activity at the pool bar was too much for us.

This year we would like to relax and enjoy our balcony. We are in a 2-bdrm Deluxe.

What tower/floor/view should I request? Golf course view? Forest view? Other recommendations?

We were at Bonnet Creek for the 1st time from 12/1 to 12/9 in a 2 bedroom deluxe. We chose building 4 because we figured it would be quieter, but still close to things. We asked for a fireworks view and were placed in a room on the 7th floor. We could see both EP and MK fireworks. Was pretty nice one night when they were both going off at the same time.
We had no complaints. The furniture was nice and comfy, including the sofa sleeper IMO. The staff were really nice, always offering a greeting when we passed by. We did not get a parking pass, but not because I was avoiding it. There was always a line and I just could not see waiting in line. There is enough of that at the parks. :)
We loved the lazy river in front of building 5. We also had to go to building 5 to change our towels. This is longer than the 2nd lazy river. The only day we had a problem was when about 30 men clogged the water and no one could get past them. We just left and went back later. They were all in a group and obviously knew each other.
We rented a car. I would not want to rely on the bus service. My kids were going to try to come back around lunch time on their own from the parks for a swim and found they would have about a 3 hour wait for the next bus! Driving was convenient and quick, but the GPS was fairly useless, as others have mentioned. Following the signs worked pretty well, although I still managed to take the wrong turn every once in a while!
The prices in the shop on site were more reasonable than Disney prices. We did not partake of any of the resort activities because we were at the parks most of the time. I will be sure and schedule more time at the resort next time around.

We were at Bonnet Creek for the 1st time from 12/1 to 12/9 in a 2 bedroom deluxe. We rented a car. Driving was convenient and quick, but the GPS was fairly useless, as others have mentioned. Following the signs worked pretty well, although I still managed to take the wrong turn every once in a while!

What do you mean the GPS is fairly useless?:scared1: I'll be renting a car down there in May and because I have absolutely no sense of direction planned on depending on my GPS to get around.:scared: I'll be solo, so won't even have someone to navigate.

W........ Driving was convenient and quick, but the GPS was fairly useless, as others have mentioned. Following the signs worked pretty well, although I still managed to take the wrong turn every once in a while!

:confused3

What make and model GPS were you using?

Anyone else have issues with their GPS?

We had trouble with the GPS recognizing the BC resort. We finally asked someone working there, and they said to enter it as Orlando...not Lake Buena Vista. Once we put it in that way, we were brought back to BC from wherever we were.
As far as WDW points of intrest...we have never been able to pick them up on our GPS'. The WDW signs are very easy to read and they give you a heads up with "signs before the signs" (as in multiple signs to get you where you are going, so you will be in the correct lanes, etc.)

I used to use a Navigon, which when I would try to enter the address for Bonnet Creek would warn "Private Road" and refuse to accept the address!
Last year I used a built-in GPS in the rental car, with no problems.
This year I used a Garmin GPS. No problem with Bonnet Creek. And what I was very pleased to find is that an option pops up for "Disney World," with loads of locations. However, there didn't seem to be a "Downtown Disney" option; it listed the individual stores.
And by the way, I stayed a few weeks ago at Bonnet Creek and then Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Garmin would direct me to Animal Kingdom Lodge in a different path than the road signs indicated.

Thanks "carlbarry" and blessedby3" for the updates, I was worried as I plan to take my Garmin for our April trip as this is the first time we will have a rental car and I was worried. :thumbsup2

We were at Bonnet Creek for the 1st time from 12/1 to 12/9 in a 2 bedroom deluxe. We chose building 4 because we figured it would be quieter, but still close to things. We asked for a fireworks view and were placed in a room on the 7th floor. We could see both EP and MK fireworks. Was pretty nice one night when they were both going off at the same time.
We had no complaints. The furniture was nice and comfy, including the sofa sleeper IMO. The staff were really nice, always offering a greeting when we passed by. We did not get a parking pass, but not because I was avoiding it. There was always a line and I just could not see waiting in line. There is enough of that at the parks. :)
We loved the lazy river in front of building 5. We also had to go to building 5 to change our towels. This is longer than the 2nd lazy river. The only day we had a problem was when about 30 men clogged the water and no one could get past them. We just left and went back later. They were all in a group and obviously knew each other.
We rented a car. I would not want to rely on the bus service. My kids were going to try to come back around lunch time on their own from the parks for a swim and found they would have about a 3 hour wait for the next bus! Driving was convenient and quick, but the GPS was fairly useless, as others have mentioned. Following the signs worked pretty well, although I still managed to take the wrong turn every once in a while!
The prices in the shop on site were more reasonable than Disney prices. We did not partake of any of the resort activities because we were at the parks most of the time. I will be sure and schedule more time at the resort next time around.

Thanks!

We had trouble with the GPS recognizing the BC resort. We finally asked someone working there, and they said to enter it as Orlando...not Lake Buena Vista. Once we put it in that way, we were brought back to BC from wherever we were.
As far as WDW points of intrest...we have never been able to pick them up on our GPS'. The WDW signs are very easy to read and they give you a heads up with "signs before the signs" (as in multiple signs to get you where you are going, so you will be in the correct lanes, etc.)

I used to use a Navigon, which when I would try to enter the address for Bonnet Creek would warn "Private Road" and refuse to accept the address!
Last year I used a built-in GPS in the rental car, with no problems.
This year I used a Garmin GPS. No problem with Bonnet Creek. And what I was very pleased to find is that an option pops up for "Disney World," with loads of locations. However, there didn't seem to be a "Downtown Disney" option; it listed the individual stores.
And by the way, I stayed a few weeks ago at Bonnet Creek and then Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Garmin would direct me to Animal Kingdom Lodge in a different path than the road signs indicated.

I have a Garmin. I just went to Google maps to download the BC directions. The only thing showing up is the 9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista. How do I get the correct route? I hardly ever use my GPS, so am not really familiar with it. Everything in it, I've just downloaded from Google maps.

Thanks "carlbarry" and blessedby3" for the updates, I was worried as I plan to take my Garmin for our April trip as this is the first time we will have a rental car and I was worried. :thumbsup2

My Garmin worked quite well. I have it set for "fastest" route, and to avoid tolls. Usually when I return to the airport and return the rental car, I wind up paying a couple of dollars in tolls. Last year, I routed to avoid tolls, and the GPS took me waaaaay out of the way. This year, the Garmin took me only a few blocks out of the way, the trip took the same time (33 minutes at 8 am), and I avoided the tolls. Which is important with the rental car, because if you get hit with the "Sun Pass" or whatever it's called automatic billing, the rental company then hits you with something like $7 a day for your entire rental period!
My Garmin is the Nuvi 2455LMT. I updated the maps before the trip. It worked great; I feel a GPS is worth its weight in gold on a vacation.

I have a Garmin. I just went to Google maps to download the BC directions. The only thing showing up is the 9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista. How do I get the correct route? I hardly ever use my GPS, so is not really familiar with it. Everything in it, I've just downloaded from Google maps.

9560 Via Encinas is what I have in my Garmin for Bonnet Creek; I just checked it. Worked for me, so you shouldn't have a problem.
When you turn onto Chelonia, just follow the signs to Bonnet Creek. There will also be a sign at the left turn you make to enter off Chelonia onto Via Palmas. It's concrete, I guess, and says "Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort." You can see in on Google maps' street view.

9560 Via Encinas is what I have in my Garmin for Bonnet Creek; I just checked it. Worked for me, so you shouldn't have a problem.
When you turn onto Chelonia, just follow the signs to Bonnet Creek. There will also be a sign at the left turn you make to enter off Chelonia onto Via Palmas. It's concrete, I guess, and says "Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort." You can see in on Google maps' street view.

Thanks!

I have a Garmin. I just went to Google maps to download the BC directions. The only thing showing up is the 9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista. How do I get the correct route? I hardly ever use my GPS, so am not really familiar with it. Everything in it, I've just downloaded from Google maps.

You have to put it in as Orlando...or at least we did and thats what the BC worker told us. If we used Lake Buena Vista, it didnt recognize it.

Our Garmin worked w/o issue also. As Carlbarry mentioned the signs and it's hard to miss the entrance with Bonnet Creek Resort on it. Also on that corner is a large hard to miss Disney sign with Goofy driving a bold red van of fun. It seems that when leaving the resort, DTD is directly to the right and most all other Disney attractions are to the left. World Drive leads you to most every thing. The Garmin seems to make it relatively easy.

What do you mean the GPS is fairly useless?:scared1: I'll be renting a car down there in May and because I have absolutely no sense of direction planned on depending on my GPS to get around.:scared: I'll be solo, so won't even have someone to navigate.

The issue was that the GPS does not recognize parking lots. I think if you have actual addresses it would likely work. I use a Garmin Nuvi and the maps are updated. It gets you headed in the right direction, but it is best to follow a sign when one is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter