The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As anyone done the presentation and got the free week stay? How long was the presentation? Did you buy anything to get the week stay? What is the week stay good for..1 bedroom, 2bedroom or 3 bedroom? We are going next week and trying decide before we go if it is worth it.

We just got back, spent three days at the pool (tower 1 and 3). And thought the temperature was perfect!

We just got back as well and the three pools we went to (6, 5 [lazy river] and 3) all felt great given the high every day was around 90 degrees.

The gift they are giving at the parking pass desk is a free week stay, so I'm wondering if we may actually go to the presentation since that seems like it may be worth it. I haven't decided yet.

A "free week's stay" where?
The reason I ask is because as a Wyndham owner, I was once enticed into a presentation with the same offer. What I received, and others have posted the same in the past, was an offer from RCI (the timeshare trading company, owned by Wyndham) for very limited weeks WITH a "processing fee" of $250.
So if that's what they're offering, it's not as great a deal as it seems.

A "free week's stay" where? The reason I ask is because as a Wyndham owner, I was once enticed into a presentation with the same offer. What I received, and others have posted the same in the past, was an offer from RCI (the timeshare trading company, owned by Wyndham) for very limited weeks WITH a "processing fee" of $250. So if that's what they're offering, it's not as great a deal as it seems.

Yes, it says "RCI free week" on the paper he gave me. If I go it will prob be Wed or maybe Sat.

Yes, it says "RCI free week" on the paper he gave me. If I go it will prob be Wed or maybe Sat.

Then don't get too excited. I have mine in front of me: $249 to go somewhere; there is a chart that shows where and when you can go. Headlined "Sample Extra Vacations getaway Availability" it gives, for example, "Eastern Canada, Included resorts: Ontario, Jan-May, Oct-Dec." "U.S.-The Rockies, Colorado-Southern, Jan-Feb, Oct-Dec." "Europe: Spain, Portugal, Jan-Apr, Nov-Dec."
In other words, limited destinations at off-peak times.

I stayed 7/27-8/3 and I was told i would get a free week that could be used at Bonnet Creek. Then I told them my wife was not with me and the said I couldn't attend alone.

We went back to the pools a few days after I posted my "mini review." The kiddie pool was still freezing cold, but the lazy river was quite warm. Pirate pool wasn't very warm, but we got used to it quickly. I'm not sure what was up that first day. I can only assume the rain earlier caused them to be so cold. We really enjoyed our stay, and will definitely go back.

We are here now, really enjoying room. I agree that there isn't much direction given about location of pools, elevators, or even parking. We are staying in main building on level 3.
Purchased $11 burger & fries from cantina- average cafeteria food. Husband ordered sandwich & breadsticks from pizza place for $27 and it was also so-so. Definitely will be staying here again but will NOT be ordering food from these two locations again.

If you go to a presentation for the Timeshare DO NOT TAKE what they call a free week for your gift.

Ask for a gift card instead. The free week is not worth the paper it is printed on.

I own Wyndham Timeshare bought from E-bay and I have done several presentations at different resorts. I only made the mistake of taking the "free vacation" once. It was a total hassle and I had to send a deposit in before they would make a reservation. You choose 3 dates for the place you want to visit.

Long story short none of my dates were acceptable and it took me over a year to get my deposit returned back to me. Also none of my dates were high season dates so I did not understand why they could not make my reservation.

Just be careful when going to these presentations because it is high pressure sales and most of them are good at their jobs. If their lips are moving they are probably lying.

BTW I love Bonnet Creek and plan to be there in December!!!!! :banana:

Oh, one other note: the poolside restaurant wasn't too crazy on appetizer prices, but when we got our check we saw that they charged $3.75 for our drinks! We ordered a Dr. Pepper, sweet tea, and a child's sweet tea. All were $3.75. That's absolutely insane to me, so I thought I'd give some warning here. The food and service were pretty good, though.

Will bell services deliver groceries and strollers to the room? We plan on checking in at 4, but then plan on going straight to DTD for dinner. When we get back, I just want to get the kids in bed. Can I call down to bell services after everyone is settled to have our groceries and stroller delivered, or will they expect me to pick them up or try to deliver them once we've checked in? If they deliver when we're not there, will they put stuff in the fridge?

Can someone tell me what sort of things you have to do in your condo prior to check out? Do you have to take sheets off, sweep, clean dishes, etc.? I'm trying to plan how much time we'll need when its time to pack up. Some places require more effort than others. Thanks!

Can someone tell me what sort of things you have to do in your condo prior to check out? Do you have to take sheets off, sweep, clean dishes, etc.? I'm trying to plan how much time we'll need when its time to pack up. Some places require more effort than others. Thanks!

Honestly.... they don't really require anything anymore. I remember my first stay in 2008 there was a list that included taking the trash to the chute, running towels in the laundry, running the dishes, and stripping the beds. Ever since then however the list of checkout tasks hasn't been included. Personally, I still often do those things if I can since it's so easy and can help turn the room over quicker for the next guest.... but it's not a posted requirement.

Honestly.... they don't really require anything anymore. I remember my first stay in 2008 there was a list that included taking the trash to the chute, running towels in the laundry, running the dishes, and stripping the beds. Ever since then however the list of checkout tasks hasn't been included. Personally, I still often do those things if I can since it's so easy and can help turn the room over quicker for the next guest.... but it's not a posted requirement.

Yes, nothing is required but we will take out our trash, turn on the dishwasher and pile all the towels together near the door. I do it because I think I would appreciate it if I were a housekeeper.

Thanks for the info. I have stayed in some places that have required a LOT of clean up - to the point where I wondered what exactly the cleaning crew did!

Will bell services deliver groceries and strollers to the room? We plan on checking in at 4, but then plan on going straight to DTD for dinner. When we get back, I just want to get the kids in bed. Can I call down to bell services after everyone is settled to have our groceries and stroller delivered, or will they expect me to pick them up or try to deliver them once we've checked in? If they deliver when we're not there, will they put stuff in the fridge?

They delivered our stuff for us. We had gone down to check and it hadn't arrived yet so they brought it when it did get there.

They will store stuff in a fridge in bell services if it gets it there before you do. They won't deliver it if you aren't there.

Yes, nothing is required but we will take out our trash, turn on the dishwasher and pile all the towels together near the door. I do it because I think I would appreciate it if I were a housekeeper.

I agree! I was just there Sept 14th-22nd. I stripped the bed and piled the sheets with the towels on the foot of the bed, made sure all the dishes were put up, swept, and took the trash down to the chute.

When we were there last month, we called to ask what we should do before we leave. They said just to strip the beds and put all the linens and towels in the Jacuzzi tub, and to take the trash to the chute. We also ran the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen.

I'd much rather be at WBC now rather than having to deal with all I have to do at my own home, LOL!

We just got back from an 8 night stay and loved it! I never want to stay anywhere else again when we visit Disney! We booked through VS and got a great rate on a 2 bedroom deluxe.

We arrived on property around 2 and killed some time at Downtown Disney before check-in. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our room to be ready. I requested an Epcot view on a high floor, and we got Tower 4, 11th floor, facing the parking lot. We were so happy! We could see Epcot, the Contemporary and DtD from our balcony. We watched Illuminations and Wishes from our room several nights. HalloWishes was amazing, even from that distance!

The room was nice and big and the beds were very comfortable. The only problems were our Jacuzzi jets didn't work, and the blender's motor had burned out. I found out while I was making my breakfast smoothie, but we had a new blender delivered to the room by that afternoon. Make sure to check that the appliances work before you really need them. If you plan to do any baking, bring your own pans and measuring cups. I had to guess how much mix I was using when making pancakes, and I couldn't bake my bacon in the oven like I usually do. The measuring spoons are a weird style and very flat, so it was tricky to get an accurate measurement.

We used the Tower 5 fort pool most days. DS4 loved the zero-entry pool and lazy river, but he was too small for the tubes. We bought a kid-sized one at Walgreens, but they also sell them for pretty reasonable prices ($2.99) in the market in Puerto de Leon. It was never too crowded when we went, although I recommend going in the morning or early afternoon if you want to avoid rambunctious teenagers. The pirate pool at Tower 6 was also nice, but we didn't enjoy it as much. DH went down the water slide and said it was fun but VERY fast.

Parking was never a hassle, though I know September is a slower time of year. We always parked right in front of the building or on the first floor of the garage. Publix (with attached liquor store) was a quick drive down I-4 and 192, as was Krispy Kreme and Chick-fil-A. We could not believe how short the drive back from Epcot is. My husband was looking at something on his phone as we left the parking lot, and when he looked up, he was completely surprised to see we were parked at the resort. HS is also a 5-minute drive away, as is Art of Animation. We got takeout from Landscape of Flavors one night and went to "Cars Land for poor people", as Josh from EasyWDW calls it. MK is also a short drive.

Our only gripe was that we hadn't been informed that the Bonnet Creek 5K was going on Saturday morning, right when everyone was trying to get to rope drop. We waited for 20 minutes to leave the resort. I hope they figure out an alternate route for any other runs they might do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter