The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Most of the major commercial renters now factor in any point discounts and free upgrades they can utilize to bring down their point cost in their initial quotes. As the resort has become much more popular as a rental location many renter's have streamlined their processes and rates to make things as simple as possible.

Thank you for this. I had one person I found through myresortnetwork.com quote me a price and then say he could try to get it for me at 50% off when 60 days out hits. Does this sound legit? I just don't want to get scammed. TIA!

Thank you for this. I had one person I found through myresortnetwork.com quote me a price and then say he could try to get it for me at 50% off when 60 days out hits. Does this sound legit? I just don't want to get scammed. TIA!

It could be. The higher levels of VIP do get a 50% point discount at 60 days. The issue is there may not always be rooms available, especcially during more popular times.

With someplace like myresortnetwork or vacation upgrades you are dealing more with individual owners. However when dealing with places like Vacation Strategies or the other mega renters, you are usually dealing with brokers or more corporate style commercial renters who factor in such discounts (and often a 2nd dummy reservation they plan to cancel to 'hold' the desired inventory for their later free upgrade into) in their original pricing.

Something to remember when it comes to trying for a discount at a later date: The majority of the resort is composed of 2bdrm Deluxe units. If oyu are trying for a 1 or 3 bedroom unit, Or a presidential unit, It's pretty much guaranteed that they will already be taken long before you hit that 60 day window. If you are trying for a 2bdrm deluxe during a more popular or busier time of year, your chances are still better than one of the unit types above, but it's still likely the resort could be booked solid by the time you are wanting your unit.

It could be. The higher levels of VIP do get a 50% point discount at 60 days. The issue is there may not always be rooms available, especcially during more popular times.

With someplace like myresortnetwork or vacation upgrades you are dealing more with individual owners. However when dealing with places like Vacation Strategies or the other mega renters, you are usually dealing with brokers or more corporate style commercial renters who factor in such discounts (and often a 2nd dummy reservation they plan to cancel to 'hold' the desired inventory for their later free upgrade into) in their original pricing.

Something to remember when it comes to trying for a discount at a later date: The majority of the resort is composed of 2bdrm Deluxe units. If oyu are trying for a 1 or 3 bedroom unit, Or a presidential unit, It's pretty much guaranteed that they will already be taken long before you hit that 60 day window. If you are trying for a 2bdrm deluxe during a more popular or busier time of year, your chances are still better than one of the unit types above, but it's still likely the resort could be booked solid by the time you are wanting your unit.

This is a huge help, thank you! They apparently are platinum owners themselves and it is a 2 bedroom unit.

I found the threads about BC a couple of weeks ago. Here is my plan.

I booked 4 nights in a 1 bedroom for the end of Oct. (No 2 bedrooms were available).

Then the kids (17, 13, 10) and I are checking out and staying at one of the on-site Universal hotels for 1 night.

Then we are checking back into a 2 bedroom at BC for 11 nights, taking us through the first week of November.

I booked everything through VS. I thought their prices were very reasonable, especially after looking at anything similar. Plus, we're really happy to have somewhere with a kitchen so we can fix our own meals.

The kids and I will be in Florida for 2 1/2 weeks. We plan to hit up Universal, Disney's water parks, and Disney Quest. Plus, we plan to chill out at BC and make the most of it. :cool1:

We're super excited.

Just booked a 4bdr Presidential with Ken Price for Nov. 2014. He says we will be in Tower 6 Unit 1809. Anyone ever stayed in this unit? Is it facing the water and/or have epcot firework view?

Just booked a 4bdr Presidential with Ken Price for Nov. 2014. He says we will be in Tower 6 Unit 1809. Anyone ever stayed in this unit? Is it facing the water and/or have epcot firework view?

We just got back last week and stayed in 1804.We had excellent views of Illumination and we also seen Wishes.1809 would be on the opposite side of the hallway,closer to the elevator.I think you'd be facing the pool and probably not the fireworks.

We just got back last week and stayed in 1804.We had excellent views of Illumination and we also seen Wishes.1809 would be on the opposite side of the hallway,closer to the elevator.I think you'd be facing the pool and probably not the fireworks.

We just stayed on the top floor of tower six in room 1912, right off the elevator. We looked out at Downtown Disney. There is a beautiful Presidential lounge on the 17th floor with a large balcony that you can watch fireworks from. It takes your room key to access it.

How do I contact Ken Price and Shelby Resorts. I have looked and looked and can't figure these people out :)

How do I contact Ken Price and Shelby Resorts. I have looked and looked and can't figure these people out :)

Ken Price can be found at vacationupgrades.com and Shelby Resorts email is a few posts up (I asked about them myself ;))

We just stayed on the top floor of tower six in room 1912, right off the elevator. We looked out at Downtown Disney. There is a beautiful Presidential lounge on the 17th floor with a large balcony that you can watch fireworks from. It takes your room key to access it.

Yes ,we could also see DD from our 4 bedroom Pres. in tower 6.The balcony was almost as long as the whole suite.When you're that high up ,you can see how really close you are to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.We were just about at the end of the hall ,after another turn in the hall,more in line with the fireworks,without having to look too far to the left.

I know they do onsite pizza delivery and we can do giordanos- but besides that- what food is available onsite? Any restaurants in any of the towers? Food by the pool? foodmart we can get snacks at onsite?

Shops/Restaurants/Bars on the resort:

Starbucks coffee brewers in the main building
Deep Blu seafood restaurant in the Grand hotel
Bar at the Grand pool
Gift shop in the main building
and more!

This is from page one of this thread. It has a lot of information about the resort.

In the main lobby. It's the building in front of you when you enter the resort, and the guard will tell you where to park so you can check in.

Thanks! First time going this place sounds so big I don't want to be going to around in circles, lol!

Check in depends on where you are staying. I have rented a unit in building 6 and was told to go to that building to check in and to skip the main building in the front of the resort.

Check in depends on where you are staying. I have rented a unit in building 6 and was told to go to that building to check in and to skip the main building in the front of the resort.

Oh I booked through vacation strategy they never told me what building...would the person at the booth know or should I call VS and ask them:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter