The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac4life30 said:
I stayed there and Im goign to be the odd man out but I didnt like it!

Even though your in the middle of the magic it didnt feel like it. I was lucky enough to have an Epcot view but without it I wouldnt have even known where I was.

I was told they charge for Disney transportation (not sure if its true).

Parking was a nightmare

The mini water park was packed even at 11pm.

Except for some amenities I rather stay at the All Stars.

What time of year where you there. We are here now and none of that is here now. Parking is a breeze and the pool was empty last night from 9 to 10:30.

The rooms come with enough laundry detergent for 4 loads of wash. Bring soap but should be enough for a week. There is dish soap, two rolls of toilet paper, a couple bags of coffee and filters. I will post more later this week. We are here now. The place is very nice

Thanks, enjoy the rest of your vacation! :thumbsup2

Which Publix is closest/easiest to get to? And is there a Walgreens or liquor store near it?

sb682 said:
Which Publix is closest/easiest to get to? And is there a Walgreens or liquor store near it?

Not sure about Publix but wal-mart is about 10-15 away. Easy drive and they have beer and wine. Not sure about liquor. Hope this helps

Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts. I'm thinking the fake review theory might have some credence. If I knew the names of some other timeshare properties in the area, I would look them up to see if they have similar reviews on Trip Advisor.

I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if other area timeshares would attract nearly the same numbers of "unsuspecting" guests.

Bonnet Creek, because of it's location "inside the arches", as well as the large number of commercial renters within the Wyndham system, I believe has become much more popular with the general public than many other timeshares within the general Disney area.

Is it true you don't need a parking pass so you can bypass the timeshare/parking pass desk at checkin?

Does no one really look for these during entrance, etc.?

dcibrando said:
Is it true you don't need a parking pass so you can bypass the timeshare/parking pass desk at checkin?

Does no one really look for these during entrance, etc.?

We did not receive a parking pass but did go to the desk. No one has checked us at the gate since the first day. No phone calls to the room either to try and get us to buy.

Curious. I know it is not guaranteed, bit I was told we can request a certain spot. We are staying I'm Jan. What tower/room should I request? I would love I high Epcot view. I am thinking that would add to a "Disney" feel. Do you see the fireworks? Any thoughts.

Curious. I know it is not guaranteed, bit I was told we can request a certain spot. We are staying I'm Jan. What tower/room should I request? I would love I high Epcot view. I am thinking that would add to a "Disney" feel. Do you see the fireworks? Any thoughts.

They are no longer taking requests.

dcibrando said:
you did or did NOT go to the parking pass/timeshare desk?

We did go to the desk and politely said we were not interested. That was all we said, we did not receive parking pass

We needed rooms close to each other last year when we were there. They went out of their way to get us close together. I think like most places they want everyone to be happy and will make an effort, they can just never promise.

Where can I get the best rate on a week in early-mid November?

Depending on what inventory each renter has in stock, prices may vary widely. For example I requested quotes from several different renters for both my upcoming Sept and Dec trips. I am going with Shelby Resorts for my Sept trip, but Aaron Washburn for our Dec trip. Shelby was cheaper for the Sept trip, but Aaron was cheaper for the Dec trip (even though I got quotes from both for both trips).:confused3

I'd get quotes from Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, Farrell Vacations, and then check on myresortnetwork.com and get quotes from some of their renters too. Shelby Resorts and Aaron Washburn both list on myvacationnetwork.com. You might also try ebay.

We used Vacation Strategy for our trip this past May and I'd highly recommend them (the only reason I am not using them for my next two trips is Shelby Resorts and Aaron Washburn were both cheaper and also get excellent reviews). I have a friend who was down there a week before we were this past May and she had a good experience with Shelby Resorts and is using them again next month. You just have to check around and go with the best quote for your particular dates.

Just an update on transportation. The price is now $6 per person round trip. If you have a car on site I highly recommend driving it to and from the parks. The most you will drive is about a 12 min ride to AK. Easy in and easy out to most parks. The hardest park would be MK where you need to stop at TTPC to catch the monorail or boat to MK. Parking is $15 a day.

I don't know what may be available booking this late, but try Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, Farrell's Vacations, Shelby Resorts, or Aaron Washburn. The last two are listers on myvacationnetworkcom. We used Vacation Strategy this past May and are using Shelby Resorts for my Sept trip, and then Aaron Washburn for our Dec trip. We got quotes from all of them and just went with the cheapest for each trip, as they all get very good reviews. Other people have found good deals though renters on ebay.

For a one bedroom we paid $89.60/night this past May through Vacation Strategy, for my Sept trip I am paying $74.37/night through Shelby Resorts and for our Dec trip we are paying just $60.00/night through Aaron Washburn (he also offered us a two bedroom for just $70.00 per night).

Try redweek.com. They have rentals as short as this week.

How easy is the shuttle to use? How often does it run? Does it drop off and pick up lose to the entrance?

We usually stay in Disney with my mother (she is 70). We rent a car She likes to use the buses to come and go because she can't do the park as long as we do. How easy would it be for her to sleep late and then take the shuttle to meet us or come with us in the morning and then take the shuttle back at lunch time? We would love to try staying here next summer but it would have to be easy for her to use the transportation.

I just got a great quote from Aaron Washburn, but he won't have the points to book until January 1st. We are arriving May 30. He seems to think it will be fine to wait. What is everyone's opinion? It's $650 cheaper than the lowest quote thus far. Will there be availability you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter