The Wave, California Grill, and fireworks!

Coconuts

DIS Veteran
I was trying to get an ADR on a MVMCP night and was wondering about viewing Wishes at 9:30pm. I have never been to either restaurant.

I read that CG lets patrons with earlier ADR's come back and view Wishes in their special viewing area. Is this correct and would I even need to come back since I snagged a 7:15pm ADR?

There was also a 7:55 Wave ADR available the same night but I didn't know if there was anywhere in the Contemporary that you could view Wishes if you are not at CG. Do they extend the same courtesy to the other CR restaurants?

Thanks!:goodvibes

No on dining at the Wave and viewing from the CG platform they encourage anyone else from the CR to go to the 4th floor area near the BLT walkway to watch the fireworks. Hope this helps:thumbsup2

I was trying to get an ADR on a MVMCP night and was wondering about viewing Wishes at 9:30pm. I have never been to either restaurant.

1. I read that CG lets patrons with earlier ADR's come back and view Wishes in their special viewing area. Is this correct and

2. would I even need to come back since I snagged a 7:15pm ADR?

3. There was also a 7:55 Wave ADR available the same night but I didn't know if there was anywhere in the Contemporary that you could view Wishes if you are not at CG.

4. Do they extend the same courtesy to the other CR restaurants?

Thanks!:goodvibes

1. Yes, on the night you dine at CG you can show your receipt at the check in desk on the second floor and go back up to view the fireworks.

2. It depends on how patient your children are. Typically dinner at CG can take 1½ - 2 hours so you might not be finished until close to 9:30. However, if your children can't sit for that length of time you can finish sooner and return just before Holiday Wishes.

3. There is an observation deck on the 4th floor that is open to everyone.

4. If you're asking about eating at The Wave, Chef Mickey's or the Contempo Cafe then going up to the California Grill deck, no they will not let you.

No on dining at the Wave and viewing from the CG platform they encourage anyone else from the CR to go to the 4th floor area near the BLT walkway to watch the fireworks. Hope this helps:thumbsup2

3. There is an observation deck on the 4th floor that is open to everyone.

Thanks for the replies.:goodvibes Is the 4th floor area good for watching fireworks or is it crazy crowded?:crowded: And is the CG viewing area a lot better than the 4th floor area?

Thanks for the replies.:goodvibes Is the 4th floor area good for watching fireworks or is it crazy crowded?:crowded: And is the CG viewing area a lot better than the 4th floor area?

it gets crowded but not crazy. There is about 2 rows of seating, everything else is standing.

The 4th floor deck is not an optimal place to see Wishes, imo. The area to get a good view is pretty small, and the monorail beam is directly overhead. A much better out of the park view is from the Poly beach.

HERE is a picture of the CR viewing areas. The CG view is better since it is higher and unobstructed.

it gets crowded but not crazy. There is about 2 rows of seating, everything else is standing.

The 4th floor deck is not an optimal place to see Wishes, imo. The area to get a good view is pretty small, and the monorail beam is directly overhead. A much better out of the park view is from the Poly beach.

HERE is a picture of the CR viewing areas. The CG view is better since it is higher and unobstructed.

Wow thanks!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info and pictures. We have ressies at Chef Mickey for 9:15pm. Is the 4th Floor observation deck near there? do they pipe in the music? Thanks for the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter