• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OMG CHEAP is not a good thing IMO. If DVC is willing to fling points this low, they need cash. I wouldn't be surprised to see a flip of a failed beach resort or some bungalows now. RIP everyone's point value. DVC kept going up and up and up because DVC held value, even Aulani. If Disney is trying to undercut owners with cheap points, resale has no chance.

Just another example of DVC hosing existing members. We should know by now, the mouse always wins.

Heck, I bet even Pete regrets buying Aulani in the fire sale with pricing this low.

I think it's important to remember that DVC isn't an investment It's not Disney's job to inflate the resale market. I see this as a positive that DVC isnt trying to price gouge and providing a better point of entry for people who want to buy direct.

This is also an existing resort so it was hard for me to understand why people thought a shorter term contract than RIV should cost so much more.

Last edited:
I think the price makes sense in that the new building consists of studios with fewer amenities. Obviously it’s a great deal though for using for 11 months at the original building.

Wow! 200 points is $186, over 250 is $185….I fear I may spend more than I want to over the next month!

OMG CHEAP is not a good thing IMO. If DVC is willing to fling points this low, they need cash. I wouldn't be surprised to see a flip of a failed beach resort or some bungalows now. RIP everyone's point value. DVC kept going up and up and up because DVC held value, even Aulani. If Disney is trying to undercut owners with cheap points, resale has no chance.

Just another example of DVC hosing existing members. We should know by now, the mouse always wins.

Heck, I bet even Pete regrets buying Aulani in the fire sale with pricing this low.
If they were desperate for cash, they wouldn't be ROFRing Beach Club and elsewhere left and right.

I really thought this was going to be higher. Buying 300 points at GF direct is now same as if you wanted to add on other resorts. But I’ll take it!

I really thought this was going to be higher. Buying 300 points at GF direct is now same as if you wanted to add on other resorts. But I’ll take it!
I just wish there was some Direct resort in the pipeline that I actually LIKED. I'm very encouraged by the pricing and incentives, but I still don't really love GFV or Riviera, and Aulani is too far to get to regularly.

I'm on the DVC website - where is everyone finding the new info for Grand Floridian? I see the incentives for Aulani and Riviera - are they better, the same, or worse than the previous incentives that were recently advertised? Asking for a friend (lol, maybe).

I'm on the DVC website - where is everyone finding the new info for Grand Floridian? I see the incentives for Aulani and Riviera - are they better, the same, or worse than the previous incentives that were recently advertised? Asking for a friend (lol, maybe).
Are you a member? If so, it's in the "add on tool". If not it may still be waiting for non member sales.

If they were desperate for cash, they wouldn't be ROFRing Beach Club and elsewhere left and right.

No, but maybe they are opening room space at BCV to house people when they do a quick flip of Yacht club to DVC with“resort style rooms”. I don’t think they are desperate, I think they’re greedy and will go for the easy money from now on, which means these quick conversions from hotel to DVC.

Heh @pkrieger2287, there’s a DVC show for you. How does resale market react to these pricings.?
DVCRM have a 200pt listing at $201 but direct is $186, I appreciate its member only so far but it will be $190 for new members on 31st March. Unsustainable for VGF listings But also what impact on other resorts?
Even if you’re a non member and have to wait, it would be a poor choice to buy resale right now (unless you want under 150 pts), you might not even make it through ROFR by March 31 and you def wouldn’t close by then, then more waiting for the points to actually show up.

No, but maybe they are opening room space at BCV to house people when they do a quick flip of Yacht club to DVC with“resort style rooms”. I don’t think they are desperate, I think they’re greedy and will go for the easy money from now on, which means these quick conversions from hotel to DVC.
Flipping Yacht Club wouldn't be easy like GFV was easy because there's no existing Condo Association to roll the points into. It would save them a few bucks on the construction side but Legal would be the same as building a new resort from scratch.

Flipping Yacht Club wouldn't be easy like GFV was easy because there's no existing Condo Association to roll the points into. It would save them a few bucks on the construction side but Legal would be the same as building a new resort from scratch.

They could add the RIV restrictions. Convert the lousy view rooms. Win-win for DVC.

Please keep in mind that this is an introductory price designed to encourage sales in the first month.

Sales almost certainly will be strong at this price, which will allow Disney to increase prices in the near future.

If you are going to buy, then buy now.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced they WANT to add the RIV restrictions. I think it backfired and I speculate that they're just as likely to abandon them, even at RIV, than expand them further.

I think when things had to change because of Covid, the strategy had to change.

If Reflections had been kept a go, this would not have happened right now.

But, they had to come up with a back up plan and these hotel conversions was it. If it does well..think it will…it will be the way forward.

My guess…new condo association to BWI or BC to convert some rooms to DVC with a 60 year contract so that they absorb in BCV or BWV into them when they expire.

If that were to happen, I can see the restrictions sticking around

But, they had to come up with a back up plan and these hotel conversions was it. If it does well..think it will…it will be the way forward.
Here and there, and for a period of time, sure. But it can't be "the way forward." They still have a cash business where they're able to rent the vast majority of these rooms at huge nightly rates to people who are never in a million years going to buy DVC. They can nibble at the edges to get through a weird few years, but "gobble up all of the cash inventory" isn't viable long-term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter