The Vanilla Dole Whip is gone ?

Cayaco

Mouseketeer
Other websites are reporting that as of September 8th the Vanilla Dole Whip is no longer being sold at Disney World. Was this a one day fluke where the vanilla soft serve machine broke down or is it a permanent removal from the Magic Kingdom menu?

So... what do I do? Should we postpone our trip until they decide to bring it back?

Don't have full story but when dole whips were moved they didn't have room for a pineapple vanilla twist machine so they only serve pinapple.

Don't have full story but when dole whips were moved they didn't have room for a pineapple vanilla twist machine so they only serve pinapple.

Hopefully sarcastic. Definitely not a reason to change trip plans over.

The biggest lost in my opinion is the orange. Orange soft serve with pineapple juice, wonderful.
The pineapple on pineapple is good but not as good.
I never was a fan of vanilla and pineapple juice.
Though you can still get it at Poly or I read recently that someone bought vanilla soft serve at the Sunshine Terrace and the pineapple juice at Aloha Isle and made their own

I was under the impression that the location across from the Swiss Family Treehouse only serves pineapple now, but the location by the Tiki Room still has all the flavors. I believe that was the case in July. Has that changed?

I was under the impression that the location across from the Swiss Family Treehouse only serves pineapple now, but the location by the Tiki Room still has all the flavors. I believe that was the case in July. Has that changed?
I believe you have it backwards
Aloha Isle is the location that is sponsored by, and has the name of Dole Whip. It used to be near Swiss Family Robinson but is now near the Tiki Room
Sunshine Tree Terrace, with the Orange Bird logo, used to be near Tiki Room and is now near the Swiss Family Robinson.
They swapped places but it was well before July, more like Spring sometime. ETA - The swap was in March
I do not think Sunshine Tree Terrace serves any Dole Pineapple anything, juice or ice cream.
Aloha Isle is the only place (in MK) that has the float with soft serve and juice.

It's my understanding that only the true Dole Whip - the actual pineapple soft serve - is at Aloha Isle in MK now. Other versions of it, including the pineapple float which is the vanilla soft serve with pineapple juice can now be found at the Pineapple Lanai at the Polynesian.

It's my understanding that only the true Dole Whip - the actual pineapple soft serve - is at Aloha Isle in MK now. Other versions of it, including the pineapple float which is the vanilla soft serve with pineapple juice can now be found at the Pineapple Lanai at the Polynesian.
To expand, as I understand the things, it's all the same exact product, whether it's sold at the Poly or over in AK (with rum mind you) but only at MK does Dole sponsor (aka, give Disney money) it so it's only there that you find the name Dole Whip. Elsewhere it's simply called pineapple soft serve but it's still the same exact thing.

To expand, as I understand the things, it's all the same exact product, whether it's sold at the Poly or over in AK (with rum mind you) but only at MK does Dole sponsor (aka, give Disney money) it so it's only there that you find the name Dole Whip. Elsewhere it's simply called pineapple soft serve but it's still the same exact thing.
I don't believe the product at Animal Kingdom is a adore Whip anymore. It was distinctly different than what I ordered at the Poly or Magic Kingdom.

I don't believe the product at Animal Kingdom is a adore Whip anymore. It was distinctly different than what I ordered at the Poly or Magic Kingdom.
Because it has rum :)
As I understand it the powder they use to make the pineapple soft serve is the same powder at all locations that sell it. From Aloha Isle and including seasonally at Beach Club.

Because it has rum :)
As I understand it the powder they use to make the pineapple soft serve is the same powder at all locations that sell it. From Aloha Isle and including seasonally at Beach Club.
I didn't get the rum version. It was not creamy at all. I'd almost describe it as a pineapple shaved ice. We had that at Animal Kingdom, a real dole whip float at MK, and both a dole whip and orange swirl at the Poly. My experience was in July.

I didn't get the rum version. It was not creamy at all. I'd almost describe it as a pineapple shaved ice. We had that at Animal Kingdom, a real dole whip float at MK, and both a dole whip and orange swirl at the Poly. My experience was in July.
At Tamu Tamu? Maybe the machine was wonky that day and it wasn't freezing properly? But what I've gotten at Tamu Tamu at AK is creamy just like soft serve ice cream. That's how it's supposed to be at least.

Last edited:
At Tamu Tamu? Maybe the machine was wonky that day and it wasn't freezing properly? But what I've gotten at Tamu Tamu at AK is creamy just like soft serve ice cream. That's how it's supposed to be at least.
Yes, at Tamu Tamu in July. When was your last experience at Tamu Tamu? I tried to check again in August, but we were in and out of the park before Tamu Tamu opened.

I didn't care for the pineapple soft-serve when I had it a couple of years ago. It's artificially flavored pineapple and to me tasted weird with the pineapple juice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest