The Value Resort Debate! Who is KING!!!

My family really seems to enjoy Pop Century. It is the first and only Disney resort we have ever stayed at. I have suggested other resorts, but when I do I am met with.... "What is wrong with Pop?"

My travel party consists of my daughter (20), my son (19) and myself (40).

We felt Pop was very underwhelming having just got back yesterday from our trip. The decor was bland, at least compared to AOR where we stayed last year, and the food court choices were poor, and the CM customer service at Pop was very hit and miss. The buses were good though for the majority of our stay and we usually waited 10 minutes or less for a bus. We stayed in the 50's building with a lake view, which was great and very close to the buses.

We much preferred AOA though; the Little Mermaid rooms were great fun and the food court choices were varied and different from the parks. We had read a lot about the 'long walk' from Animation Hall to the LM rooms, but we walked this in 5 - 7 minutes.

I've stayed at Pop and the 3 All-Stars 2x each. IMO, there isn't that much difference with the exception of the theming. I would just choose whatever appeals to you the most theming wise. The only exception would be if something was under refurb. I, personally, would not want to stay at a resort if a pool or the food court was under rehab as we do use them.

My personal preferences:
1) Pop - 50's section
2) Movies - Fantasia
3) Sports - Baseball (Home Run Hotel)
4) Music - Jazz

For values, Pop has my vote. The dedicated bus is enough for me to stay there. But then the added perk of a great food court and multiple pools just is an added bonus. While I love the theming of Movies, it is not enough of a positive to outweigh the busses.

That being said, if you can swing the couple extra hundred dollars to upgrade to moderate, I'd stay at POFQ...such a pretty resort with the added option of taking a boat to DTD.

We love pop century. Art of animation is truly my fav bc of the themes but the walk is long! And they never discount anymore. We love pop's gift shop and food court and it's a classic fav

How far is the walk to POP from LM at AOA? I was thinking about using their buses a couple days for our early days.

We've always stayed at the villa's or deluxe, but now that we have a young one traveling with us, we're trying to stay at places more suited towards his age.

We stayed at POP a few weeks ago. It's not a deluxe of course, but not bad for what it is. We stayed in the 60's building, standard view but had a really nice view of the lake and the pool was just around the corner. It wasn't a bad walk at all to the busses and food court.

We stayed at ASMU a few years ago and hated it. Our room was right next to where the garbage trucks pickup and deliveries are made- noise all night long. It rained a lot and the walkway to our room was always standing in water. Won't ever go back there!

We're staying at AOA for our October trip. My grandson is obsessed with CARS so we got a suite. I so want to love it, can't beat the prices!

How far is the walk to POP from LM at AOA? I was thinking about using their buses a couple days for our early days.

About 10 minutes from Foodcourt to Foodcourt......We've stayed at both AofA and Pop and when we are coming home from the parks, we usually jump on whichever bus arrives first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter