The unneccessary planning and scheduling

Postal68

Registered
I don't get it. I saw one woman who had their schedule set to the minute that they are going to get in line for Dumbo and how long it will take them to get on the ride and off(like that is really going to happen) I don't understand why people can't just enjoy it as it comes.

I have been going to Disney World almost every year since 1980 when my parents first started taking us. We have NEVER had a set schedule except for dinner show reservations, have NEVER done a single rope drop and I don't think there was a single trip that we didn't do everything that we wanted to do.

I can understand having a playbook to go by, especially if this is your first or only trip to the World, but many of those who do this crazy planning are repeaters.

I dunno, I think insane is a strong word. :)

If it works for them and their families, so be it. Live and let live. Its not something that affects anyone else.

I think calling people "insane" is a bit uncalled for honestly.

Not everyone likes to vacation the same. Not everyone likes not having a schedule. I like to have a schedule. Do I time down to the minute? No, because too much can go wrong and throw me off which would mess up my OCD and anxiety. I do have ADRs, make rope drop at least once at each park, know which park I will go to each day, and know which rides are better for different times of days and which to FP. That is what works for me.

There are certain times of the year that you would be insane not to plan like that. I agree that thinking it will take X number of minutes to ride Dumbo can't end well. However, if it was my first trip, my trip of a life time, or my trip knowing I wouldn't be back for many years; I would plan better. Luckily, we go every year, usually during off-season, but some aren't as lucky as we are.

I think your too invested in what other people do. If it doesn't interfere with you why complain about it and the word insane is harsh imo to each their own

Oh and when I go with my kids I'm one of those planners although I don't plan every minute but we do plan pretty extensively because my son needs that. When I go solo and with other adults not so much

I don't get it. I saw one woman who had their schedule set to the minute that they are going to get in line for Dumbo and how long it will take them to get on the ride and off(like that is really going to happen) I don't understand why people can't just enjoy it as it comes.

I have been going to Disney World almost every year since 1980 when my parents first started taking us. We have NEVER had a set schedule except for dinner show reservations, have NEVER done a single rope drop and I don't think there was a single trip that we didn't do everything that we wanted to do.

I can understand having a playbook to go by, especially if this is your first or only trip to the World, but many of those who do this insane planning are repeaters.

There's your answer.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

I like how it went from insane to unnecessary lol... I dunno, some of my tactics ARE insane, but if I didn't feel they were necessary I wouldn't do them! Lol!

Guessing the schedule you saw was a RideMax printout. Great program, actually, as long as you understand that falling off the to-the-minute schedule is inevitable, and not a cause for panic. :)

I don't think it's a troll post. I think plans that detailed frequently go off the rails by Hour 2, but unfortunately that's how some planning sites operate. I don't begrudge anyone who goes this route and plans to this detail, but I chuckle to myself and know there's no way that would work for me.

I can understand having a playbook to go by, especially if this is your first or only trip to the World, but many of those who do this crazy planning are repeaters.
Put on the flame suit, dude. You're about to be barbecued,lol.:rotfl2: What has been posted so far is mild..

I think that level of planning is pathological, myself. But as a previous poster said, some have OCD issues. There are also plenty of people who are germaphobes , and a few who are afraid of the flushing toilets. It takes all kinds. Does make for some interesting people watching though.;)

You are going to have to adapt with the coming changes! I for one thing know that my planning will never be "unnecessary" . The more I plan the more magical things are. But let's not judge because we don't understand a lifestyle.

Katie

I cant agree with you more. I think all this planning makes a vacation more like work.
I've gone to Disney every year for the last 25+ and have never planned anything and always saw everything and had a wonderful time.:confused3:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter