The Ultimate Budget Disneyland Vacation!

CowboyCO

DIS Veteran
DW and my 2 DSes and I have gone to WDW twice in the last 2 years (including last October for free dining), but we can't get enough Disney!

So Spring Break Disneyland trip on a TIGHT budget!

First, we'll drive to save on airfare and overnight in Las Vegas. I checked my wife's Harrah's card to see if there were any room deals (you know, like $59-79 a night) and Whoopee! Two COMPED rooms at the Flamingo!!! We were through Vegas last year for a couple days and gambled lost a couple hundred dollars TOPs between both of us (penny slots!) and they COMPED us rooms!

Ok so drive to Vegas in an evening and a day, take in the sights the next day, spend another night and off to Anaheim for 4 days and two days home!

But it's spring Break and hotels around Disney are EXPENSIVE $100+ a night for 2 star places. Hmm. You know, I've seen those Hotwire.com commercials. Wow -- a Three and a half star hotel less than a mile from Disneyland with covered parking, pools and free shuttle to Disney for $59 a night? I hold my breath, cross my fingers and press "buy" and Cha-ching! Crowne Plaza Anaheim!

OK so I've got 7 nights hotels in Vegas and Anaheim for a total of $273!

Bought Adults go at kids rate Park hoppers for $600 for 4 of us.

Now then gas, is going up -- pushing $3 gallon again. Doing the math, here -- Our Suv gets 18 mpg MAX so whoa! Gas is gonna run over $430 And I'm gonna need two extra hotel nights going and coming -- Thats another $150 bucks.. and meals for the two extra travel days That's $100.

Back to Hotwire.com Airfare from Denver to Vegas for $91? Cha-ching! (United) Hotwire for a rental car Cha-ching! $125 for Rental car (Avis!) for a week and it'll get over 30mpg for the Anaheim leg.

So, Airfare, 7 nights hotel in Vegas and anaheim, parkhoppers for $1,362 plus food. Plus I don't have two 12+ hour travel days with my kindergartner and second grader in the car!

We leave a week from Sunday! WoooHooo!

I'm almost too jealous to respond to you but . . . you really deserve a Way To Go!

Very, very cool CowboyCO!
Prepare yourself for big crowds, read Hydroguys advice columns. Have a wonderful trip:)

Why would I read his advice?

I can just go over to his HOUSE!

He lives in the same little mountain town that WE do! LOL!

Actually, we don't know him and haven't seen any license plates that say "Hydro-Guy". I'm sure we've run into him 100 times at Safeway and never known it.:laughing:

enjoy!

questions for you - we're contemplating driving from DL/Anaheim to Las Vegas next summer for a few nights before catching a flight home. Figure early on a Sunday morning would be the least amount of traffic; any idea how long it will take? (hope to stay near southern end of strip - MGM; maybe the mirage though).

tia

We're figuring 4-4/12 hours. Sunday morning shouldn't be a problem going that direction.

I've heard that FRiday Night going from CA to Vegas has a lot of traffic and vegas back to CA on Sunday evening is heavy (Plus the normal rush hour times in SoCal.)

We're figuring 4-4/12 hours. Sunday morning shouldn't be a problem going that direction.

I've heard that FRiday Night going from CA to Vegas has a lot of traffic and vegas back to CA on Sunday evening is heavy (Plus the normal rush hour times in SoCal.)
thanks, not looking forward to navigating the 'infamous' CA freeways - hope the hassle is exaggerated/urban legend lol.

thanks, not looking forward to navigating the 'infamous' CA freeways - hope the hassle is exaggerated/urban legend lol.
Sorry to say it's definitely not exaggerated or urban legend. If you hit traffic at the wrong time, you could be moving at a crawl. If there is an accident or something, it's even worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter