'THE TRIP' discussion.

Hunterr

DIS Veteran
I feel we need a central place to post about THE TRIP because other than youtube comments, there isn't really one.

Uh..i guess I'll start.
Wasn't sure I would like Craig taking over for Dustin/Ryno, but it works so well.

I also love how neither Craig, Ryno, nor Dustin could ever perfect the audio/video queues for the ISSUE or TRIP TALK :D

If some of you are sleeping on this show, you really should tune in!

Thanks Hunterr for starting a nook just for THE TRIP.

I absolutely agree . . . Craig fits in incredibly well and the last 2 shows (especially the "break out room attraction") have really showcased their personalities and how well they work together.

T is a rock star. Always has been and always will be. :PBut JL and Craig have found their own stride and the 3 of them all pull their own weight and now make THE TRIP a weekly must see.

The DIS just keeps pumping out wonderful shows. What a treat for online fans!

I love the little mistakes. I live near Philadelphia and DC so I get major league local news. I enjoy laughing at the screw-ups from smaller towns news.

I really could do without 'the issue' if they don't really have an issue. It seems to have become a forced segment where they talk about some random things. If there's a trip related issue, great, but if its Tess' kid had a bad day with her piano lesson, I don't need a segment for that. It often seems like a time killer for Dustin to fix something or to stretch the show closer to an hour.

I do enjoy the restaurant reviews, though they always seem positive. Kevin and John hate everything while JL and Tess seem to love it all. It's great to have a view of what's outside the parks, but it would be cool to see the four of them review the same place together.

On a side note, does anyone else think there is a strange sexual thing going on with Craig and JeniLynne? I know he just got married, but there seems to be something there that I can't describe.

I love all the shows, some more than others, and it took awhile, but The Trip has grown on me. I think the problem with the "cuts" for the music for the segments is the "sound bytes" are too short - I THINK so - from a totally non-techie observation. I also love the dining reviews, and find them to be pretty balanced, actually. And oh no - I don't think anything is "going on" between Craig and JeniLynn - although if it were - it would definitely be their business. I think all the "players" on all the shows have their own "chemistry" amongst themselves, which changes depending on who else is there, etc., and that's what makes every show (even of the same "genre" - like The Trip, or Orlando, etc.) different all the time, and that's part of what makes them so great. Everybody brings something different to the table, and even that changes depending on what "mix" of the cast is there. IMHO. :)

I really could do without 'the issue' if they don't really have an issue. It seems to have become a forced segment where they talk about some random things. If there's a trip related issue, great, but if its Tess' kid had a bad day with her piano lesson, I don't need a segment for that. It often seems like a time killer for Dustin to fix something or to stretch the show closer to an hour.

I kind of agree with you as far as calling something "an issue" when really doesn't seem like an issue .... maybe they could just start the show with "housekeeping" like the other shows if they want to cover things beyond just the maid topic for a given show

I love all the shows, some more than others, and it took awhile, but The Trip has grown on me. I think the problem with the "cuts" for the music for the segments is the "sound bytes" are too short - I THINK so - from a totally non-techie observation.

I believe Craig mentioned that he wants to make the cuts longer that being so short does create issues/make it more challenging ... clearly should have pushed off his wedding until he got this taken care of ;)

The issue is funny! We all have people in our lives that love a small thing and need to vent on anything else. I think it shows the diversity that goes into disunplugged to get a variety of different opinions from people with different likes and dislikes.

One thing I would really like to see expanded is what surrounds these places they are reviewing. A little context of what might be a great destination area for a day off from disney without just a quick meal stop for example.

I do enjoy the restaurant reviews, though they always seem positive.
I haven't found that to be true at all. They've had negative stuff to say numerous times. Did you hear the show a week or two ago about Shake Shack? Teresa wasn't thrilled with the place. Craig thought it was overpriced for what you get. And even though JL loves it there, even she admitted there were some issues.

I forgot about that one Steve, but you have to admit that compared to one of Kevin's reviews they much more upbeat.

I haven't found that to be true at all. They've had negative stuff to say numerous times. Did you hear the show a week or two ago about Shake Shack? Teresa wasn't thrilled with the place. Craig thought it was overpriced for what you get. And even though JL loves it there, even she admitted there were some issues.
And I know Teresa has "downed" fried green tomatoes at least 1 other place - LOL - I find that humorous because even though I haven't really baked in awhile, I usually do not get key lime pie "out" because I always think "I can make it better". :) I also know some of the things/places they have reviewed they've just given "meh" to. But yes - overall - I think they do tend to be more - I don't know - middle of the road, easy to please - whatever - than the reviews I've head Kevin and John do (which crack me UP, by the way!) :)

I love the little mistakes. I live near Philadelphia and DC so I get major league local news. I enjoy laughing at the screw-ups from smaller towns news.

I do enjoy the restaurant reviews, though they always seem positive. Kevin and John hate everything while JL and Tess seem to love it all. It's great to have a view of what's outside the parks, but it would be cool to see the four of them review the same place together.

On a side note, does anyone else think there is a strange sexual thing going on with Craig and JeniLynne? I know he just got married, but there seems to be something there that I can't describe.
I LOVE the issue, especially when it's something completely random!
It makes it feel more like friends sitting around and having a whinge about something that's ticked them off. We all do it and most of the time, T puts a hilarious spin on it! Love it.

And god no, I don't sense any sexual anything between them.
Besides, have you seen their respective partners? They're both pretty damn spunky, I think they're happy with their wife/boyfriend

Uhh.... No. It must be from all that major league local news you've been watching lately. ;)

And I know Teresa has "downed" fried green tomatoes at least 1 other place
I also recall them giving a not-so-good review to a place in Richmond where we ate when we were there for the DIS meet in April. I was really surprised because I was seated at a table just across from them and we had a totally different experience at our table. We did have a different server which apparently had a lot to do with it.

I love the trip and watch every week no matter what the topic. Teresa really makes the show humorous.

As for the Issue, I can see where some think it may not really be an issue some weeks but I like it and think it should stay. It makes the some personable and helps connect the audience who may have similar issues in their families.

Oh, Please! I love the whole show. Love 'the issue', makes me laugh everytime they say it. Honestly, I sit out on my back porch listening to the latest Trip report and just love it! The three of them work together so well...and, no I haven't noticed any 'thing' between Craig and JL...really that's just bizarre, not even a clue where you see that.

Love the Trip, enjoy each and every episode.

I miss Ryno singing Trip Talk...

I am also glad they did not do an episode on outlet shopping. I wouldn't mind one about going to see a MLS game when they start up again. Or some other sporting event.

How about skydiving?

I also recall them giving a not-so-good review to a place in Richmond where we ate when we were there for the DIS meet in April. I was really surprised because I was seated at a table just across from them and we had a totally different experience at our table. We did have a different server which apparently had a lot to do with it.
You just wanted to rub it in that you hung out with them, didn't you?!
Damn Southern Hemisphere!

I've enjoyed it. They started off a little slow but I think Dustin kind of helped them through it and Craig has really picked up the ball. My only problem, which happens to be the same problem I have with the Universal show and the regular show is JL is either talking to quiet or sitting too far from the mic or her mic is turned down. I always have to turn my volume up when she is talking and quick turn it back down again when others talk.

Being a local of Orlando, I like seeing places I've either been to or have been meaning to (or will never go to because of how bad it looks).

Hope they do Old Town/Fun Spot again (rather than just the haunted house).
You guys should go on a friday or saturday night when they do the car "parade" (everyone in town drives their pristine old, unusual, and classic cars around old town and everyone stands around and watches.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter