• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The THYROID Thread

Is there a way for you to go to another hospital for the biopsy? I know some doctors do the biopsy in their clinics but can also use their hospital. They don't like us using other hospitals but if it gets you in faster then I would go where I could get in.

My node is 9mm so 1mm under their worry zone. My endo doesn't feel my neck either and it was my sleep doctor of all people that felt it enlarged in September and he told me not to worry till December when I had my follow up. I am going to start insisting he does feel my neck from now on.

I would be upset like you as well if you miss a trip because of your days off. I haven't been to Disney since my thyroid cancer last year either so I understand the desire.

May you get good results and enjoy that trip after all the worry.

In one spot of good news: I talked to the boss and she said that, no matter how much time I may miss over this cancer thing, I can take time for disney - unpaid, but at least they'll let me take the time. :)

In one spot of good news: I talked to the boss and she said that, no matter how much time I may miss over this cancer thing, I can take time for disney - unpaid, but at least they'll let me take the time. :)

That is great that she is so understanding. Hopefully your surgery will go as simple as mine. I coud easily have gone back to work 2 days after as I had no side effects and my body healed very well. The surgeon I had would have let me too. lol

The week off for radiation was another story since you can't be near anyone and hypohell was hell too. I hope you don't have to take too much time off.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/a-medical-student-develops-an-illness-she-has-been-studying/2014/12/12/05e61ed0-6c05-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html Thought you all might enjoy the article posted in the above link. It was in yesterday's Washington Post Health section and told the story of a young medical student getting a thyroid cancer diagnosis. I especially liked her discussion on how she handled it emotionally after being taught that it's the "best" cancer.

Thanks for sharing the article! 22 years later, and I still cringed as I read about her going through the full body scan. I remember how scared and alone I felt, while my husband sat in the hallway, not permitted to stay with me. There was a baby in the same scan room and that upset me too, wondering what was wrong with that little angel. Of course, being on no thyroid meds didn't help! Yes, it might be the " best " cancer, but it's still " cancer"!

squeegee - sorry you are dealing with this again. I am sure you will be glad to get the fna over and then its just waiting for the results, that is down right nerve wracking.
I am glad you like your new endo though. Its important that you both are on the same page and of course you have to be your own best advocate.

I used to live in Texas for 4 years. I miss it alot! We lived in the southwest dallas area.

Christine - thanks for sharing that article. I think there is one dr. who will have a lot more compassion for sure! Of course everyone here knows how I feel about the good cancer and what has happened to me.:)

Ang - thinking of you and my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

Well dh and I survived the trip. It was not the greatest. The weather was 10 degrees lower than normal.

On the plane ride down a woman started screaming that he rhusband had a heart attack. The flight attendants were giving him oxygen. They never told us what was happening,but finally said we are continting to Orlando. The guy walked off the plane and sat in a wheelchair with the emts.

I also got hit in the head with a snowball napkin from a wonderful dad at the next table. I actually thought his kid did it but I couldnt turn my neck and see because of the good cancer, lol, I was waiting for the kid to come and apologize. Dh saw the whole thing and said the dad did it and the kid ducked The dad came over to apologize and bought us our dinner.

The food quality has gone down for sure. I am gong to do a dining report. Dh steak at the Yachtsman was terrible. So was his chicken at Hollywood Brown Derby.

Singing mom - we loved the renovated room at the Swan, except for the strange glass table.

I love Levar Burton! The MVMCP was ok. I also love listening to the Joyful gospel musical presentation at Epcot. Dh doesnt care for that music, but I do. The Osborne Lights ere great as usual and not crowded the night we went. We also had the front row for the frozen sing along because I sat in the wheelchair.

I still need to get the bone scan and mammo I know they are only looking for bone density but my scoliosis is getting really bad. I know my mom had the same problem, so I am thinking its hereditery. Lots of the bad genes in my family.

Thinking of you all. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Have a blessed holiday season everyone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e61ed0-6c05-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html

Thought you all might enjoy the article posted in the above link. It was in yesterday's Washington Post Health section and told the story of a young medical student getting a thyroid cancer diagnosis. I especially liked her discussion on how she handled it emotionally after being taught that it's the "best" cancer.

That was an interesting article. I can tell you though that not only thyroid cancer is minimalized by doctors so is cervical and uterine. Same stigma of if you have to get one this is the one to have. The ironic thing is I was told that with thyroid cancer and then after was told we need to tell you that yours was an aggressive variant comparable to breast cancer but don't worry it was contained and we got it out of there. Don't worry, yeah right. lol

squeegee - sorry you are dealing with this again. I am sure you will be glad to get the fna over and then its just waiting for the results, that is down right nerve wracking. I am glad you like your new endo though. Its important that you both are on the same page and of course you have to be your own best advocate. I used to live in Texas for 4 years. I miss it alot! We lived in the southwest dallas area.

I've lived in Texas since I was about three or four years old, and don't remember anything else. I've been pretty much everywhere but the panhandle. I'll have to find an excuse to head up there for a visit someday, so I can say I've visited all the major "sections" of Texas. LOL.

Just popping in to wish you all a blessed Christmas and holiday season

Ang - sending your special thoughts and prayers:hug:

Christine - thought of you because 1. I want a kindle for christmas and of course no one would ever think to get me that and 2. I looked at my goodreads year in profile, I says I have read 60 books so far, granted some of those are childrens books that I win and donate to the ds old school. But my dh is going away the day after christmas so I am hitting the tbr pile for sure. I started a historic romance on the plane, but got sidetrack going when a guy had a supposed heart attack so I made a dent in it coming home.

I might do a dining report, so I will tel you all when I post it for your reading enjoyment.

Singing mom - your trip is right around the corner! Enjoy every minute of it.

I need to get the bone scan and mammo so we will see when that can happen.

Thinking of you all. Check in when you can.

Just popping in to wish you all a blessed Christmas and holiday season Ang - sending your special thoughts and prayers:hug: Christine - thought of you because 1. I want a kindle for christmas and of course no one would ever think to get me that and 2. I looked at my goodreads year in profile, I says I have read 60 books so far, granted some of those are childrens books that I win and donate to the ds old school. But my dh is going away the day after christmas so I am hitting the tbr pile for sure. I started a historic romance on the plane, but got sidetrack going when a guy had a supposed heart attack so I made a dent in it coming home. I might do a dining report, so I will tel you all when I post it for your reading enjoyment. Singing mom - your trip is right around the corner! Enjoy every minute of it. I need to get the bone scan and mammo so we will see when that can happen. Thinking of you all. Check in when you can.

Merry Christmas to you too!

I am playing and singing for our parish school's "lessons & Carols" tomorrow, singing at Christmas Eve 4 pm mass, going out to dinner afterwards with our friends like we do every year - a gorgeous hotel with a conservatory filled with poinsettias and Victorian carolers and lobster buffet! Christmas I host sit down dinner for 12 with my family. New Year's Eve I'll sing at mass again, then spend the evening at my sister's. Then 5 days later : DISNEY! I will NEED the vacation! Hope the weather cooperates!!

luvmarypoppins--you need to get that Kindle. I can't believe, with as much as you read, that it has occurred to them! It has really been a lifesaver for me as I've got that "old lady" vision now and I find that sitting with a "real" book, under lots of bright lights, with my reading glasses, is no longer pleasurable.

I like that the Kindle print is easy to see, is adjustable, and that I can take it anywhere with me. Ever lugged around an 800 page Diana Gabaldon novel? Not fun.

I hope everyone has an Merry Christmas and enjoys some downtime with your families. I know that I am looking forward to just relaxing.

I'm working tomorrow but then I don't go back until the 30th.

luvmarypoppins--you need to get that Kindle. I can't believe, with as much as you read, that it has occurred to them! It has really been a lifesaver for me as I've got that "old lady" vision now and I find that sitting with a "real" book, under lots of bright lights, with my reading glasses, is no longer pleasurable. I like that the Kindle print is easy to see, is adjustable, and that I can take it anywhere with me. Ever lugged around an 800 page Diana Gabaldon novel? Not fun. I hope everyone has an Merry Christmas and enjoys some downtime with your families. I know that I am looking forward to just relaxing. I'm working tomorrow but then I don't go back until the 30th.

I just can't say yes to a Kindle yet. Lol. I adore the feel & smell of a "real" book! :-)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Singingmom, I dare you to just try the Kindle. I resisted for a long time and missed the smell of books for a very, very short period of time and then I was in love. I now will only buy a book if it is cheaper than the cost for the kindle version.

Ang

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! Singingmom, I dare you to just try the Kindle. I resisted for a long time and missed the smell of books for a very, very short period of time and then I was in love. I now will only buy a book if it is cheaper than the cost for the kindle version. Ang

But how long does a charge last? I'm so frustrated when my iPad or iPhone need recharging. I don't necessarily read next to an outlet. ;-).
And I am a BIG reader poolside or on the beach. I always worry about sun, water, and sand damage. I think a paperback is still my best bet! Lol

The charge lasts weeks as long as you turn off the internet connection. I put mine in plane mode. I bring mine to the pool and my only fear is theft so I do tend to bring a paperback for those situations if they are public like at Disney. At POFQ I put it under a towel and believe it or not I had an elderly lady try to steal it and ended up having to get out of the pool and chase her away from my chair and she dropped it. That is when I started bringing a regular book for by the pool. All you really have to do is put it in a plastic baggie if you might get it wet. They sell things that cover them too.

My charge lasts about 2 weeks when I'm in Wi-Fi mode and a LONG time when I'm not.

If I'm worried I'm getting down to the end, I just randomnly plug it in when I am not reading.

Just popping in to say Happy New Year everyone.

Singing Mom - have a great time on your trip. Can't wait to hear about it

I did a dining report if anyone is interested in reading it.

Ang - how are you feeling? Thoughts and prayers for you.:flower3:

Christine - I smiled when I read your post about your sons jacket. I got ds3 some scrubs and he doesnt like them. I said next time, just money and pick them out yourself. I ordered them online and paid like $14 bucks for shipping and now to return them I have to pay another $8, sigh.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was terrible. Dh had to leave at noon because he calculated his ff miles wrong as work used a free ticket for him his last trip to Calif. , so he flew from ny to sf, back to ny, then to la, sydney, auckland, back to sydney, dallas and then ny. He is now the happy owner of 100k miles and elite status for the next year. My ds were none too happy either. Only good thing is the points for the free hotel. I looked for the spring and the only good deal was the Swan again. If Disney is reducing their deluxe rooms for 30% off, I dont know why the airline is not reducing the miles needed. They use expedia to get the rooms I think. You have to go through the airline site and not expedia yourself etc.

Yes I would love a kindle. Dh bought himself a new iphone 6, so I need to get out of the dark ages too. He gave me his old phone which is something I need to learn how to use, its not even an i phone.

I just won another 3 books this week. I am going to share them with people at church when i am done.

Thinking of you all check in when you can.

Just popping in to say Happy New Year everyone.

Singing Mom - have a great time on your trip. Can't wait to hear about it

I did a dining report if anyone is interested in reading it.

Ang - how are you feeling? Thoughts and prayers for you.:flower3:

Christine - I smiled when I read your post about your sons jacket. I got ds3 some scrubs and he doesnt like them. I said next time, just money and pick them out yourself. I ordered them online and paid like $14 bucks for shipping and now to return them I have to pay another $8, sigh.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was terrible. Dh had to leave at noon because he calculated his ff miles wrong as work used a free ticket for him his last trip to Calif. , so he flew from ny to sf, back to ny, then to la, sydney, auckland, back to sydney, dallas and then ny. He is now the happy owner of 100k miles and elite status for the next year. My ds were none too happy either. Only good thing is the points for the free hotel. I looked for the spring and the only good deal was the Swan again. If Disney is reducing their deluxe rooms for 30% off, I dont know why the airline is not reducing the miles needed. They use expedia to get the rooms I think. You have to go through the airline site and not expedia yourself etc.

Yes I would love a kindle. Dh bought himself a new iphone 6, so I need to get out of the dark ages too. He gave me his old phone which is something I need to learn how to use, its not even an i phone.

I just won another 3 books this week. I am going to share them with people at church when i am done.

Thinking of you all check in when you can.

Happy New Year everyone. May 2015 be filled with good health and happenings for everyone.

LMP,
I am starting my radiation tomorrow on my pelivis. Kind of nervous despite knowing exactly what to expect. I just hate the lack of modesty and dignity in this cancer. I hate knowing everyday I have to lay on a table with my bottom half naked. But anyway it will be over in 6 weeks. I will not miss the drive either. lol

Sorry to hear you husband was not able to be home all day on Christmas. Last year my husband worked both eve and day but at the last minute this year a guy offered to trade him his weekend day for Christmas since he didn't have plans so that was so nice.

So you didn't get that Kindle, bummer. The paperwhite with advertisment is not expensive at all right now so it might be worth it to try it out.

I have no clue how miles work but it sounds nice to be able to use them for free rooms and air fare.

Take care. Ang

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter