• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Spring Break Getaway Trip (to the Dark Side)

Do people really care what I do on my vacation?

• Absolutely, I think you are an astounding person and my life revolves around what you do!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Absolutely, the things you do are a lesson to me on what NOT to do!

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Absolutely, reading what you do helps me decide if I want to do those things too!

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Absolutely, we're friends, and friends are interested in what friends do!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Absolutely NOT. But it passes time til my next vacation, and I want you to read my TR.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolutely NOT. I'm just here for the comments; pass the popcorn.

• Yes, but not for any of the reasons listed

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Not really, but for some other reason.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 7, Friday 25 March 2016

My last day of vacation, I actually woke up about 7 am, got dressed and out the door a little after 8 and headed to Universal Studios.

I started in Universal, and slowly meandered my way around, checking out Springfield and Men In Black before hitting Diagon Ally to ride Escape from Gringotts and try to watch the Tales of Beedle the Bard show. I say try, because I got there just after it started, and wound up behind a bunch of people and couldn't see much of the show.

Then, I hopped on the Hogwarts Express and headed to Hogsmeade, where I got my AA card timestamped for the Forbidden Journey. Watched the Frog Choir (pretty good if you like a cappella music. Kind of wish they had done more than they did, though). It came time for me to enter the ride line, so I parked my scooter and limped my way through. Took a couple of minutes to convince the team member that I couldn't do stairs, and finally got directions to the elevator. It was different from last summer when I was in a wheel chair. Got to the point where the express line meets with the regular line, and the team member there had me try to seat, and it wouldn't lock. :-( So, then it was back outside, where I made a suggestion to the team members out front that it really would have been much more pleasant for me to find out that I couldn't ride before I had to walk and stand for 20 minutes (pretty much my maximum time frame still. I'm better, but it is a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg slow road). The trainer apologized, told me that she could get me front line access to either the River Ride or Spiderman, and then got me a cold butterbeer. It was ok, but I'm not as impressed with it as it seems other people are.

So, I worked my way up to Spiderman, opted for the wheelchair this time, and wound up with a random guest helping push me the last bit. After I got off the ride, it started sprinkling, so I headed to the front of the park and wasted time in souvenir shop just browsing (didn't buy anything) then made a rabbit speed dash to Customer Service during a brief slow down of the rain. Waited some more in there, and then told them what had occurred. Specified that I wasn't looking for anything, and I felt pretty well taken care of after the fact, just that especially with mobility issues, it would have been nice to know that my jurassic sized body didn't fit in the ride seat. Especially since I had had to talk to a team member to get my return time, who had had to talk to two others to get a pen to fill it out, and then talk to another one when I returned and none of them suggested I check and see. (I didn't think much of it, since I had fit last summer. I don't think I expanded that much from the winter hibernation store of fat. I really think it was the fact that by the time I got checked on it, by back was hurting enough I couldn't sit up straight and back in the seat.)

She verified what I had told her, and said that it would go to the person in charge of the area, and if other similar complaints were made that they would address the issue. I think that seems fair, though I would have preferred to find out before the walk. But at least I didn't hold up the boarding while it was discovered!!

From customer service, I worked my way up through Suess land and took the Hogwarts Express back to London, and then went to ride the Mummy. After, I headed out of the park and went back to the room to pack everything up and do my last laundry. When I got back to the room, I discovered that I had broken my belt somewhere along the way, so I ran over to a Wal-Mart, filled the car with gas so it would be ready in the morning, got me a new belt and a couple of generic souvenirs. Then it was back to the resort, and a 30 minute or so soak in the hot tub before washing all of my clothes. Once they were in the dryer, I was in bed for my last night.

Great pictures! :thumbsup2

We own a timeshare through Bluegreen and have stayed at the Fountains multiple times. It is a beautiful resort! When we went last year, they tried to get us to do an owners' update, but we had a few issues at the beginning of our stay (which management completely resolved) and decided not to do the update at that time. I'm sure they'll ask us again though when we stay there this summer. ::yes::

Thanks!! :thumbsup2 It is still such a weird thing for me to be in the picture. When I was around 11 or 12, I got my first decent camera, and then spent most of the next 30 years being the person taking pictures. There are entire albums of family pictures that only exist because I took them, and I'm in none of them. *sigh*

Yeah, I toured Wilderness at Big Cedar (I think that is the name) in Branson back in January. Got $50 (plus the $50 deposit I paid) in Bass Pro Shop gift cards. If I had not just bought into DRI, I would have loved to buy BlueGreen. I think they are the better program of the two, based on the sales presentations. I probably shouldn't recommend buying more, but if you really like them definitely consider it. Just me, I like having memberships in a couple of different companies, I feel like I have a few more options with how I use my vacation time. But I definitely rank BlueGreen as high on my list of places I'd like to own at (so far, Disney Vacation is the only one I'd consider buying an addition with, though).

Day 8, Saturday 26 March 2016

I woke up about 7:00. A little later than I had wanted to, because I had to finish packing and then load the car and check out and I wanted to be on the road by 8 o'clock. I didn't make it, got on the road about 8:45 am. So, not terribly later than I wanted, but kind of wished I had left earlier. At least I didn't have to stop for gas before I left Orlando.

And before I left the resort, I got pictures of the resort.

My 2-bedroom for the week:
20160326_082935 (2).jpg
The master bathroom - loved that I could sit down in the shower. Made it much easier.

20160326_082945 (2).jpg
The master bath sink area. I really like the glass bowl sink. It was very interesting.

20160326_083008 (2).jpg
The master bedroom. This was after I had most of my stuff packed, so the sheets are off the bed here.

20160326_083112 (2).jpg
Living room, complete with outdoor deck to relax. It was screened in, so no bugs, but ground floor so no real view either.

20160326_083133 (2).jpg
Looking across the living room to the dining area and kitchen. The master bedroom is immediately to my right, where the break in the wall is across from the kitchen is the second bedroom and bathroom, and the little area to the left of the front door is where the washer and dryer are.

20160326_083150 (2).jpg

20160326_083157 (2).jpg

20160326_083232 (2).jpg

And that was my unit.

Day 8, Saturday 26 March 2016 continued ...

Some pics around the resort:

20160326_084209 (2).jpg
They had a fire pit where you could make s'mores. I think they even sold s'more packets in the office.

20160326_084255 (2).jpg
Near to the fire pit were a couple of gas grills available for use.

20160326_084240 (2).jpg
Across the inner courtyard from the fire pit and grills was the swimming pool. Heated, even.

20160326_084319 (2).jpg
Near to the pool was my favorite thing - the hot tub. I really like the way this one is done. Though, the bubble jets were a bit wacked, lol.

20160326_084343 (2).jpg
And across from the hot tub, was the bathroom and sauna. Just next to the grills.

They also had tennis and basketball courts, but I did not get pictures of those.

Day 8, Saturday 26 March 2016 continued part 3

This was a really long dull day. As I said, I got on the road about 8:45. Made it to just shy of Pensacola before I had to get gas, but I only got a couple of gallons because the little out of the way station was $0.25 more per gallon than what my gas app was showing just 40 miles down the road. So, I got $5 worth, then filled up completely in Pensacola.

From there, it was on to Mobile, and then on to Jackson MS, where I gassed up again and grabbed dinner at a Subway. Near 11 o'clock that night, I stopped in Clarksdale MS for my last fill up, and finally pulled in my driveway around 1:15 Sunday morning. I brought in just the things that would not survive in the car (some extra food that was in my travel cooler) and went to bed.

My trip was over.

Where to next?

That is a really nice 2 bedroom unit! I love the glass bowl sink! :goodvibes

Is that a Bluegreen property as well? We stayed at one near Fun Spot and Sonic many years ago. It had a similar look to it. If it's the same place I am thinking of, they have done a lot of work on it.

That is a really nice 2 bedroom unit! I love the glass bowl sink! :goodvibes

Is that a Bluegreen property as well? We stayed at one near Fun Spot and Sonic many years ago. It had a similar look to it. If it's the same place I am thinking of, they have done a lot of work on it.

Yes it is. It is probably the same one. Next door to the Fun Spot, and behind a Sonic. When I checked in they mentioned that they had remodeled the building I was in last fall, and the other building is scheduled for this fall.

Yes it is. It is probably the same one. Next door to the Fun Spot, and behind a Sonic. When I checked in they mentioned that they had remodeled the building I was in last fall, and the other building is scheduled for this fall.

Yep! That's the one we stayed at. It's been several years since we've been there though. It's nice to see that they are remodeling that property as well. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter