• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Spencers LIVE from WDW! Day One (11/21/00) - The Waiting is Over (Almost)!!

hedgehogcs

Always listening to Jiminy Cricket...
Cast: Chris (Overemotional Trip Report Author & Happy Mom)
Jack (Overgrown Kid & Happy Dad)
Katie (14yo Wonderful Daughter)
Jenny (12yo Wonderful Daughter)
Dan (12 yo Wonderful Son)

Well, we are here! Our flight was delayed a bit at RDU, so we arrived here about 30 minutes late. But there was Tony, our Tiffany Towncar driver, a very nice welcome to Orlando. He was a lot of fun! When we stopped at the grocery store, Jack, Katie & I ran in while Jenny & Dan chose to remain in the towncar. We made a really quick stop (Tony commented that it was the quickest stop he’s ever seen!) and when we came out, he had taken Jenny & Dan to get sodas at McDonald’s. Very cute.

About 20 minutes later, there we were, checking into All Star Movies, which is a visual feast. At first, we were a little disappointed to find out that we didn’t get a room in Fantasia (as we had asked), but were in Mighty Ducks – which looked like it was quite a hike from Cinema Hall. We struck out in the direction of our room and wow! There it was! Hardly a walk at all – and straight through 101 Dalmatians. Having had a family joke about Kanine Krunchies for a long while, we giggled a bunch at all the Kanine Krunchies on the sidewalks. Our rooms are nice – we got one on the first floor (no stairs!) and Jack & I have a king bed that sure looks beckoning right about now!

Hmmm…by this point it was 4:50 – guess we can’t make that 5:00 PS ressie at Boatwrights, huh? I called reservations & moved it to 6:20, we unpacked & headed over to the bus stop, having decided to catch the first bus to either Epcot or Disney Studios to transfer to Dixie Landings for dinner. We caught a bus to Epcot, transferred to Dixie Landings (got there at about 5:30) and were seated at Boatwrights right away. I still think this is one of the best restaurants on the property. Dinner was delicious.

Our original plan was to go from DL over to Disney Quest, but with our late start and the long & busy day ahead of us tomorrow, we decided to just do a walk around Downtown Disney Marketplace. It was wonderful – Katie discovered pin trading…just like I predicted she would. She bought two pins & plans to look for good trades tomorrow. Then we headed back “home” (isn’t it amazing how quickly you feel at home here?) for a somewhat early bed.

The kids saw the flyer about bedtime stories and here are my teenagers, listening to The Little Mermaid while they’re settling into bed. Life is majorly good.

Tomorrow's plan: It's Magic Kingdom all day, baby...from opening to close (& we have E-Ride Night tickets)! Jenny's Pixie Surprise is all set for 9:30am - the suspense is driving us nuts!

First, let me say....<font color=green>WELCOME TO THE DIS</FONT COLOR>
The suspense is getting to me... cant wait to find out the suprise. Thanks for posting. :)

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>
mickey87.gif
jump.cgi

Sounds like a great start. Look forward to reading the rest of the reports.

Not from NC but hello from Ohio! Your trip is off to a good start. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter