The Snow White is Missing One of Her Dwarfs Pre Trip Report! Updated PICTURES/ADR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa_C

*Mum to the 1st Disneyland Paris DISBOARD BABY!*
Our pre-trip report!

Family consists of:
Me, Lisa (36) – Head Honcho of the Disney Planning Association
My Father, Mick (old as he puts it) – Chief Grump
My Step Mother, Letty (37) – Snow White to Chief Grump
My Teenager, Callum (13 – argh!) – Mr I Heard You But I’m Not Listening
My Daughter, Eowyn (5) – Ms “It’s DISNEY!! We’re in DISNEY!”

Where and when - Hotel Cheyenne, 16th-20th July 2009.

The reason for the title is dad is Grumpy, and we told Snow White she was missing a Dwarf and could she please take him back :lmao:

Princess Eowyn; Usual Eowyn; Callum and Eowyn on way to WDW; Dad, Letty, Eowyn and Callum on teacups; Me (left) and best friends Emma - my partner in crime!

Back in October my Dad surprised the family by saying that he’d booked us a surprise trip to Disneyland Paris for New Years Eve. Things didn’t quite go to plan (snow, cold beyond belief, drunk crowds and a sad four year old having to stay in a buggy due to be trodden on several times) and we came away very disappointed – we didn’t even get to welcome the New Year in properly as we got pushed away from the Castle and missed everything :sad1:

I was determined that my parents (Dad and Step Mum) should have the true Disney experience that we (my DS 13 and DD 5) had had in WDW, and DS and myself in DLP back in 2000. Dad was especially keen to try and have the time with the kids that they always spoke about, so we decided to throw caution to the wind and priced up a possible June break for DD 5th birthday. Then it happened…the 40% offer. So June turned in July and three days turned into five…and we were going to have fireworks every night!!

We booked the Cheyenne so that the kids can have separate beds and hopefully our request for adjoining rooms will be honoured (so my DS and I can do the late hours and DD can sleep with grandparents watching over her). We’ve got half board vouchers due to the fact that one meal cost us £100 euros last time and we don’t want to be caught out again! This time all is paid for (as much as it can be for now) and we’re looking forward to putting on 10 stone each.

Eurostar was booked separately and when we got our quote, it worked out we’d saved £800 with the 40% off offer, so then came the half board dinning (we’re looking forward to putting on 10 stone each) Buffalo Bills for the “men” and dinner with the Princesses for the “women”. :woohoo:

Yes I'm sad I took a picture of the station....

Restaurants are planned, mostly around the children’s eating experiences, Dad and S.Mum are off to Paris to see the sites on the Friday (C’mon Dad, make an honest woman of her, it’s been nearly 7 years or maybe longer, I’m loosing count!!!) and DD has begged me to go on the Tower of Terror. So she shall, but on the last day as I don’t want her to spoil the break!!

We’ve sourced out you tube videos so show dad which shows he can nap to, visited the forums regularly to get tips, started the “how many sleeps” scenario and packed, repacked and packed again. We've also got some fantastic luggage tags from this board and Eowyn has a new Sleeping Beauty suitcase from the Disney Store packed full of new clothes that she has no idea about :cloud9:

We've been sneaking trips to the Disney Store and have got huge gift wrapped presents for the children, including a Minnie Mouse dress that will be laid out in the room for Eowyn to discover. she turns five just before we go and it's a special present form Minnie with an invite to go to Cafe Mickey :thumbsup2

We have meals planned at the Chuck Wagon, Silver Spur, BBWWS/Auberg, Rendez vous des Stars and Cafe Mickey on the last day. Our Eurostar link is only five minutes down the road so I will be staying in Ashford over night :lmao: and we will be leaving at the same time as the local kids going to school as they don't believe we're going :rolleyes1

So that is us. Ready since March and finally off!

Dads few words…….
“Lisa has driven me mad and I am thinking of leaving her behind. I have no clue where we’re eating, but I’ve got unlimited beer at Buffalo Bills so I don’t care. I am only going to Paris to escape her school teacher discipline. She is a nightmare. I feel that if I didn’t go on this trip then she would drag me there anyway. I want to ride Buzz and that’s it. Don’t make me dance with Stitch as I don’t know who he is, and as for high School Musical I’ll tell you what time it is and it definitely isn’t Chico time!”

Letty’s five cents worth……
“It was so cold on NYE that we didn’t get the complete experience. We missed out loads of rides as I didn’t know they were there. Lisa has sent us a list of objectives and I am looking forward to making the most of our stay. I want to see the fireworks every night, ride Pinocchio and take Eowyn to meet Jasmine as she’s the only one that wears trousers. Apparently”

Callum’s few words
“I might be 13 but I love Disney. I love that mum and I can go on Space Mountain and she doesn’t hear me scream because she’ screaming louder than I am. I am looking forward to Buffalo Bills but I don’t want to wear my hat the next day! I can’t wait to eat at Café Mickey as I’ve heard about the pizza and I’m not supposed to eat it but I’m on holiday!”

Eowyns last bit
“Where’s the Princesses? And I want to go on the Tower of Terror and go “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhh”

So 24 sleeps and we're off - I couldn't contain this report any more on my computer and I have to spill it now!! :cheer2:

UPDATE 10/7/09

We've booked our ADR's!!

Thurs 16th Chuck Wagon
Friday 17th Silver Spur
Saturday 18th Auberge for the ladies at 6.00pm and BBWWS for the men at 6.30pm
Sunday 19th Rendezvous des Stars at 1.30pm
Monday 20th Cafe Mickey at 12.00pm

Spoke to a lovely French woman who said my pronunciation was spot on (if I was Del Boy that is) and it only took 1 minute to get through to the reservation line! Am uber excited, it's all so real now :cheer2:

I am now the proud owner of a super digital camera that takes great pics/video so be prepared!

On a funny note, Dad had the day off yesterday - he spent it where??? In the International Station picking up our Eurostar tickets as he said it'll save time. Yes I believe you Dad, you just wanted to "hold" them didn't you.......

SIX sleeps!!!! Oh and I repacked some stuff yesterday as yet more things have been added :rolleyes1

Fantastic pre-trip report!!! :love:

See you there:thumbsup2

btw, will you post a photo of yourself so I know what you look like and don't push you when I'm in the line for the characters:lmao:

Fantastic pre-trip report!!! :love:

See you there:thumbsup2

btw, will you post a photo of yourself so I know what you look like and don't push you when I'm in the line for the characters:lmao:

:lmao: I am going to add some photos asap and apologise now for taking up all the bandwidth :rotfl:

There are a few of us going at the same time and it will be great knowing that around the corner could be anyone of you - and Fiona with a pink Mickey pixie dust tatoo on her forehead:laughing:

Great pre-trippie report. Makes me wish we were going to DLP :goodvibes

Will be interesting to hear about the kids reactions on the morning that you go :)

Fab pre trippie. Have a great time:goodvibes

Laminated the luggage tags today and bought Eowyn some t-shirts from Asda that she will love! Can't wait to pack them into her secret suitcase :thumbsup2

Noted down the addresses of where to send the postcards too for those lucky children going after me :hug: and I looked through the WDW site getting excited about planning all that for next year!

Nearly able to do the SDD, shall do a roll call of those I know are going at the same time so we can all get dizzy together :lmao:

Had a slight case of panic when the local children presented signs of Chicken Pox (argh Cap'n Jack, I immediately thought of you!) even though they had had them before around my way. I thought....two weeks till the spots come out after being exposed..and started to majorly panic.

Neighbour took her kids to get it confirmed then phoned me to tell me.....wait for it...it wasn't C.P.....it was...FLEA BITES! and they don't even have a dog!! So panic over. But oh my gosh did I start itching ALL OVER when she told me. Seems that some one round here hasn't treated their dog and my poor neighbour has been infested. Well she can keep them too!!

So now it's time to repack the bags (I bought myself new slacks and tops so I am now in the posh league with the kids) and try to relax. I just hope the weather cools a little as in the S.E we're roasting at 32c!

Loving your TR :lmao: Can't wait to read your TR - not that I wish it over for you quickly or anything ;)

The suitcase sounds divine btw :goodvibes

Hi Lisa now I know who to look for:goodvibes Must figure out how to put up pics. I normally get DD to do tricky things but then I'd blow the secret:rotfl2:

I'm starting to panic. Way too much to do. Still haven't booked offsite hotel, insurance or transfers. Aaaargh kids give you no time to organise anything. Was going to send DD to Sainsbury's on a random errand but now its chucking it down outside:scared1:

Oh but I have organised the Cat:rotfl2: MIL is going to feed her (but that means I'll need to leave the house spotless!)

Oh but I have organised the Cat:rotfl2: MIL is going to feed her (but that means I'll need to leave the house spotless!)

:lmao: I have to do that too!! Have a neighbour feeding my fish (she decided to pop out a few fry last night so they need to be kept fed (how inconvenient lol) so the next week will be spent tidying up as she's never been in here before!

Had to giggle today as I've been feeling sick and dizzy and being sick.....I thought OH NO! but it turns out I've a bout of "vertigo" says a 5ft 4in shrimp so have been put on what I can only can describe as high dose travel sickness pills. Apparently I'll be able to spin and whoooooosh and not realise it! :scared1:

Not long now :cheer2:

Not long to go now Lisa!

I love how you took a photo of the outside of Ashford station :lmao:

Hi - just subscribing to this fantastic trip report - your family sound wonderful - your DD has so many surprises ahead of her - look forward to hearing how it all goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter