The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thank you. Do you happen to know roughly how long ago the springs and courts areas were done?
Depends on what you mean by refurbishment. The last 'to the studs' refurb would have been about 8 or 9 years ago for Courts, a year earlier for Springs. By then the villas were near 40 years old though. But there have been several (3 I think) soft surface updates since that time of varying degrees (beds, draperies, linens, carpeting, furnishings etc). It has been a year almost exactly since we were back in our home villa in Courts and I don't find it feeling dated or worn at all.
It gets harder to tell now what is happening because Marriott no longer communicates with owners - Sheraton used to provide regular updates on what changes were going on throughout the resort.

Hi all, thinking of an upcoming stay here based on the amazing reviews. The link on page 1 on how/where to rent from is not working. We are not owners, other than directly with the hotel is there other ways to rent a unit?

Hi all, thinking of an upcoming stay here based on the amazing reviews. The link on page 1 on how/where to rent from is not working. We are not owners, other than directly with the hotel is there other ways to rent a unit?
Link updated, please try again. It was an internal reference to post #112 here on page 6. Not sure why it broke, but I reposted and it seems to work now.
Thanks for reporting the issue!

Depends on what you mean by refurbishment. The last 'to the studs' refurb would have been about 8 or 9 years ago for Courts, a year earlier for Springs. By then the villas were near 40 years old though. But there have been several (3 I think) soft surface updates since that time of varying degrees (beds, draperies, linens, carpeting, furnishings etc). It has been a year almost exactly since we were back in our home villa in Courts and I don't find it feeling dated or worn at all.
It gets harder to tell now what is happening because Marriott no longer communicates with owners - Sheraton used to provide regular updates on what changes were going on throughout the resort.
Thank you this is really helpful

Thank you, I can see a couple listings that seem wonderful. But gosh I am very nervous to go this route. Should I have any concerns?
You can go on TUG and ask those who have rent on that site who've they dealt with. Others can give you more advice. Good luck.

I’ve always rented from owners on tug. Usually get a unit for less than 1,000, although that shifted some with Covid.

We love Fountains 1, but used to stay in Springs before that side was built. In fall 2020, we ventured back, when it seemed like Covid was receding and all of Lakes/Fountains was closed for refurbishment. So back to Speings we went. They had just been refurbed (again) and were in great shape. We don’t care for Courts, as they don’t have the lovely ponds, close by pool, and landscaping.

We just arrived home last night after a week at the resort. It was 13 months since our last stay, which is (I think) the longest time we have gone between visits.

This was our first time staying during the month of March, and it was both March Break week for many Canadian families (those that live in Ontario, in particular), as well some of the local Orlando schools .... so the resort and the theme parks were VERY busy. Check in on Saturday, March 11th was a hot mess: our villa still wasn't ready at 6 pm, and when we did get the all-clear (and they keys), we arrived to a room that was still filled with cleaning staff.

Apparently, the resort had more than 550 families checking in on Saturday alone. I'm sure ongoing staffing challenges made this particularly impactful.

Once we did finally get in the room, we were happy to note that a few small things had been updated since our last stay. There are new coffee makers, which unfortunately are still not Keurigs but do have the ability to serve a cup while still brewing. There was also a new knife block in the kitchen, and new furniture on the balcony.

There was also all new furniture on the pool deck and at the Tiki Bar patio.

Considering how busy the resort was, the stay was very smooth. Guests behaved well, and there was no rowdy behavior despite the crowds. We stayed mostly on the Fountains/Lakes side of the resort, and met some great folks in the hot tubs. We had drinks twice at the Tiki Bar, and they were expensive ($14 for a cocktail) but very strong ... the bartenders were free-pouring and were extremely generous. I highly recommend the blood orange margarita!

The wifi was abysmal, and most of the time we just used our cell data. At least 75% of the time, we couldn't get connected to the wifi regardless of whether we were in the villa or the recreation areas.

For some reason, I didn't get emailed a final folio after checkout, and had to call today to request one.

The credit card hold at check-in was indeed $25 for each night's stay, for a total of $175.

I have some photos of our villa and the resort that I will share in a separate post.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter