• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

If it is booked through an RCI exchange, then it is the name on the RCI account that matters. Our account is joint in both my and my wife's name so either can check in on RCI reservations. The correct protocol when someone other than the RCI account holder will check in is to get an RCI guest certificate (extra cost of course; RCI makes a buck off everything it can). That will always be honored by registration as your son becomes the registered holder of the reservation. In the past I have had some difficulty checking in without DW at my elbow as our ownership (not an exchange) there is in her name (she kept her maiden name so it's not a match), and although I have permission to access the account on file they don't seem to see it at registration.

IDK know how they will react to the letter, haven't heard that mentioned here before. I suspect it may depend a bit upon who is at registration and how they feel about it. Even if someone here says it has worked in the past, that is no guarantee that it will work in the future as I am sure that they resort policy is that the registrant must match the reservation. It can't hurt to call the resort in advance and ask, but I expect that they will advise you to follow the above protocol. Vistana is pretty good about guest relations, but there is a limit to how far they will bend some rules.

Regardless of guest cert or not, your son would need to have a valid credit card to check in as they take the number and authorize for incidentals.
Thanks bankr63. I'm not going to spend the extra $85 dollars or so to get a guest certificate for that four hour time period. I know Cypress Pointe is super picky about only letting the RCI person check in, and like you said the Vistana may be tso DS may be out of luck till I get there. We have relatives in the area. If they aren't busy that evening (They are going to be taking the whole week off to hang and go places with us in Orlando), I will suggest DS go over to there house instead of the Vistana and pick him up on our way over when we get the rental car.

Hi all, just checked in, thought I'd post a few pics. We just love this unit, very roomy, nicely refurbished. We are in a 1 BR top floor unit in Lakes building 1, looking out over the Lakes pool, right next to the Fountains pool. The living room is actually much wider than it looks in the pictures. Very comfortable.

We didn't get a chance to explore much, hoping to do that tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'll answer when I can.

Sorry, not sure why they are sideways. 20211030_195818.jpg20211030_195830.jpg20211030_195851.jpg20211030_195930.jpg20211030_200016.jpg20211030_200027.jpg

Last edited:
Hi friends- wondering if anyone can comment on how busy/packed the resort is now? When I looked at online bookings through Marriott, the next few weeks (for weekend check ins) are sold out or almost sold out. Wondering if it is really going to be super busy, or if Vistana is operating at less than full capacity etc.

thanks!!

Hi friends- wondering if anyone can comment on how busy/packed the resort is now? When I looked at online bookings through Marriott, the next few weeks (for weekend check ins) are sold out or almost sold out. Wondering if it is really going to be super busy, or if Vistana is operating at less than full capacity etc.

thanks!!
You won't necessarily see the full picture through the Marriott site. Marriott/Sheraton do own a fair number of units in the resort that they can make available through hotel booking, but the vast majority of the units are owned units that will never show up for hotel style booking. Note, you say next few weeks; if you are looking for Thanksgiving week, then yes, the resort will be fairly full. It is a popular week. But other than that, this is the slower season so the resort should not be very full. You'll do better looking for a last minute week on sites like SkyAuction where the excess owner trading inventory is placed for last minute deals.

You won't necessarily see the full picture through the Marriott site. Marriott/Sheraton do own a fair number of units in the resort that they can make available through hotel booking, but the vast majority of the units are owned units that will never show up for hotel style booking. Note, you say next few weeks; if you are looking for Thanksgiving week, then yes, the resort will be fairly full. It is a popular week. But other than that, this is the slower season so the resort should not be very full. You'll do better looking for a last minute week on sites like SkyAuction where the excess owner trading inventory is placed for last minute deals.
Thanks, that makes sense!

Hi everyone! My it feels like an eternity since I have been able to say we are coming in a few weeks 😜 negative test for international travelers permitting 🤦🏻‍♀️ We are extremely excited as it was beginning to feel that we would never be allowed back ! But here we are just three weeks away and asking for some up to date info ! Reading through the last few pages it would seem that lakes have had a lovely refresh during lockdown is thus the only section that has had it ? We have two bedroom booked 8/6/2 for two weeks , we normally end up in cascades which is lovely but I fancy trying another section , I love the look of building one lakes right next to both pools , can anyone recommend any other buildings and if you have any pics you would like to share I would absolutely love to see them , take care everyone and I’m so happy to be going back 💗💗💗

Hi everyone! My it feels like an eternity since I have been able to say we are coming in a few weeks 😜 negative test for international travelers permitting 🤦🏻‍♀️ We are extremely excited as it was beginning to feel that we would never be allowed back ! But here we are just three weeks away and asking for some up to date info ! Reading through the last few pages it would seem that lakes have had a lovely refresh during lockdown is thus the only section that has had it ? We have two bedroom booked 8/6/2 for two weeks , we normally end up in cascades which is lovely but I fancy trying another section , I love the look of building one lakes right next to both pools , can anyone recommend any other buildings and if you have any pics you would like to share I would absolutely love to see them , take care everyone and I’m so happy to be going back 💗💗💗
Fountains I and Fountains II were also updated at the same time as Lakes. Basically the entire back section of the resort was renovated in early 2020.

Both Fountains sections are 3 stories, no elevators. Lakes is 5 stories, I believe and elevators. We like Fountians 1, 3rd floor which has a skylight. Fountains 1 has the jacuzzi in the bathroom. Fountains 2 has the jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Have fun!

Hi
I have a reservation for 4 nights the first week of December for Sheraton Vistana. I booked 1 bedroom via with balcony thru hotwire. The pictures show a jacuzzi tub which is a requirement for us. Can anyone recommend which section we should request based upon a real good jacuzzi with jets. I noticed some of the renovated rooms look like the whirlpools are soaking tubs and not jetted? After walking the parks all day/night a good hot tub with jets is a must. We stayed here many years ago when our kids were younger and it was a great vacation. This time we are looking for rest & relaxation after the parks. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi
I have a reservation for 4 nights the first week of December for Sheraton Vistana. I booked 1 bedroom via with balcony thru hotwire. The pictures show a jacuzzi tub which is a requirement for us. Can anyone recommend which section we should request based upon a real good jacuzzi with jets. I noticed some of the renovated rooms look like the whirlpools are soaking tubs and not jetted? After walking the parks all day/night a good hot tub with jets is a must. We stayed here many years ago when our kids were younger and it was a great vacation. This time we are looking for rest & relaxation after the parks. Thanks for any suggestions.
There are five 1BR villa types at Vistana Resort in two phases;

Cascades 1BR Premium (part of 2BR lock off)
Cascades 1BR (part of 2BR lock off)
Cascades 1BR Premium (dedicated stand alone 1BR)
Lakes 1BR Premium (part of 2BR lock off)
Lakes 1BR (part of 2BR lock off)

I beleive all the Premium 1BR units have large tubs. I have stayed in the Lakes 1BR Premium and can confirm that it has a jetted Jacuzzi tub. The regular (non Premium) 1BR units likely don't have jetted tubs. At least not large one. Some of the smaller units do have jets in the tub, but it is just a standard sized bathtub with some jets. I have never used them and have no idea if they even work. I doubt they get a lot of use. The larger Jacuzzi tubs should be fine. The floor plan I see on Vistana.com for the Cascades 1BR Premium (part of the 2BR lock off) shows a large tub, but I don't know if it is jetted as we have never stayed in the 1BR. If the Cascades 1BR Premium (dedicated) is like the one at Vistana Villages, then it just has a standard size tub with jets. There is no floorplan for this on Vistana.com

I looked at some YouTube videos of the 2BR in Cascades to see what they look like and it is hard to tell if they are jetted. I suggest searching YouTube for the resort and watching some videos. If the person that posted the video didn't specify the phase of the resort, ask them which section they stayed in in the comments of the video.

I think if you can get a Lakes Premium 1BR, it would be the best chance of having a jetted Jacuzzi tub.

Any recommendations on special requests for a unit I should make for our stay at the Vistana? We have an RCI timeshare trade for regular Vistana vs. Fountains (two bedroom unit). I am traveling with my 85 year old dad who has limited mobility (handicapped parking sticker)? Dad can walk, but uses a cane for more stability and needs a scooter at the parks / drop offs at restaurants, etc. (tires easily). Stairs would wear him out (although he can do them). Here's a first draft of what I was going to request, and I welcome your suggestions.

I was going to say, "I am traveling with my 85 year old dad who has limited mobility and really likes sitting out on the patio/balcony and sitting out at a pool area. Would it be possible for us to get a ground floor unit or a building with an elevator? Ideally too we'd love a unit with a nice view from the patio or balcony and a short walk to a pool. Thanks so much. We are really looking forward to staying at your resort."

We have younger 20 somethings with us too, but it's easy for them to go anywhere they want in the resort, so I am most interesting in accommodating dad.

Any recommendations on special requests for a unit I should make for our stay at the Vistana? We have an RCI timeshare trade for regular Vistana vs. Fountains (two bedroom unit). I am traveling with my 85 year old dad who has limited mobility (handicapped parking sticker)? Dad can walk, but uses a cane for more stability and needs a scooter at the parks / drop offs at restaurants, etc. (tires easily). Stairs would wear him out (although he can do them). Here's a first draft of what I was going to request, and I welcome your suggestions.

I was going to say, "I am traveling with my 85 year old dad who has limited mobility and really likes sitting out on the patio/balcony and sitting out at a pool area. Would it be possible for us to get a ground floor unit or a building with an elevator? Ideally too we'd love a unit with a nice view from the patio or balcony and a short walk to a pool. Thanks so much. We are really looking forward to staying at your resort."

We have younger 20 somethings with us too, but it's easy for them to go anywhere they want in the resort, so I am most interesting in accommodating dad.

we're owners and often travel there with my grandmother, who has similar mobility issues. they always put us in lakes or cascades, since those are the elevator buildings. definitely possible to get an elevator or ground floor unit if you request it and note it is for mobility accommodations. i would suggest looking at the resort map and trying to request specific sections/buildings for the area/view you want. also be sure to request that the building they place you in has handicapped parking (for example, i would NOT recommend lakes building 10 (i think it is) because, while it is close to the pool, owner-check in uses up all the parking spaces for that building and there's not a handicap spot close by, which made unloading at the end of the day difficult for us).

another thing to keep in mind - if your grandfather needs an accessible bathroom - a roll-in shower and/or grab bars, definitely state those requests as specifically as possible.

I’m getting ready for my first stay at this resort, couple of questions about grocery delivery:

1. Can you do grocery delivery to Bell Services of this resort the way you can with Disney Resorts? (I like to use Prime Now so would use this if it’s possible);
2. If the answer to 1. Is yes, what address do you use for the delivery service? (At a WDW hotel it was the hotel address followed by “deliver to bell services,” is it something like that?)
3. If yes, will Bell Services refrigerate items that need it?
4. If yes, will Bell Services deliver your order to your room, or do you need to go to Bell Services to pick it up?

Thanks in Advance!

I’m getting ready for my first stay at this resort, couple of questions about grocery delivery:

1. Can you do grocery delivery to Bell Services of this resort the way you can with Disney Resorts? (I like to use Prime Now so would use this if it’s possible);
2. If the answer to 1. Is yes, what address do you use for the delivery service? (At a WDW hotel it was the hotel address followed by “deliver to bell services,” is it something like that?)
3. If yes, will Bell Services refrigerate items that need it?
4. If yes, will Bell Services deliver your order to your room, or do you need to go to Bell Services to pick it up?

Thanks in Advance!
You probably want to call the resort. I don't think they really have a bell services and no way to hold bags or refrigerate items. Perhaps I am wrong, but best to call and find out.

So I scored a last minute booking directly from the Marriot site for Christmas week, December 24 - January 1, for this resort, we are very excited. It’s going to be myself, my wife, and our 6 and 2 year old daughters. Should we try to request a specific phase of the resort? (Not sure if we can since we booked directly through Marriot). If so, do we do the request through the Marriot website, or is there somewhere else? Any recommendation on what we should be requesting? We booked a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom (second bedroom 2 full beds) with balcony room, but beyond that there is no real description. Any advice on where we should be requesting and how is appreciated! This is our first time travelling to Orlando and not staying on-site at Disney.

You should receive an email from Joshua about a week prior to arrival asking for any specific requests. Given that it seems you booked a sleeps 8 unit, you can stay in any of the phases except Courts and Falls. Those all just have the two twins in the second bedroom. All of the two bedroom units have a patio/balcony. If you want something recently renovated, then you would want to ask for Fountains or Lakes. If you don't care as much, then you can just wing it at checkin. They seem to be pretty responsive and have quite a bit of flexibility to move you around. Though Christmas week might be different. Expect maximum occupancy.

You probably want to call the resort. I don't think they really have a bell services and no way to hold bags or refrigerate items. Perhaps I am wrong, but best to call and find out.
@AnnaKristoff2013 Agree that you should call to confirm. In normal time SVR does have bell services, and they can deliver to you. I am not sure what the status of the services is during COVID however; they may be curtailed or cancelled. Not sure if they can do refrigeration, that is a reason to call. Note that the resort does charge a fee for handling deliveries.

AFAIK, you need to be picked up at the Welcome Centre as the drivers don't have cards to open the gates. Security 'might' let them in, others here would have experience. They can drop you off at your villa on the return trip as you will have your room card to open the security gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter