The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Annnd, we're back. Great 13 day vacation! There was a 105F difference between Friday's high in Orlando (89F) and this morning's wind chill in Ottawa (-17F) - send me back!!!! :sad:

Yes, there is a small hotel size shampoo and conditioner provided now. Nice scent, but I didn't use any; we bring our own favorite brands.

I took a full series of photos in the Courts upper unit; will post in a couple of days once I get everything downloaded and ready to go. Housekeeping was just finishing in our unit as we arrived (early) and I think she was greatly amused by our oohing and ahhing as we saw our own unit for the first time since the refresh. We were greatly impressed, and are VERY happy with the results.

Stay tuned for the update...

Welcome back!!!

I was counting on you to bring back some of the fine temperatures you experienced while on vacation. I am guessing these "crisp" springs mornings are quite an adjustment after an extended period in the warmth!!!

I can't wait to see your updated villa photos (no pressure....honest :teeth: ) and hear your impression of the new Welcome Center. So excited to see it all for myself soon!!

When we're there in May, we'll do a full review (with photos) of the one-bedroom villas for this thread. I don't think there's been much posted here about those configurations just yet. I'm going to miss my beloved Fountains :sad1: but I'm yet we're excited to try out a new section of the resort.

Oh.....and out of curiosity.....did you give the new Zimmie's a try?

Ok for my long list of demands which area should I request. Friday check in, 2 br sleeps 8, love to be facing one of the main pools, need an elevator or ground floor. We were in Lakes building 7. Hoping to get closer to the action/ activities

Ok for my long list of demands which area should I request. Friday check in, 2 br sleeps 8, love to be facing one of the main pools, need an elevator or ground floor. We were in Lakes building 7. Hoping to get closer to the action/ activities

Spas buildings 5, 6, 7 or 8 might be a good fit for you, assuming by "closer to the action" you mean nearer to the Marketplace, mini golf, Zimmies, etc.

Or, Fountains buildings 5-8 or 30-36 would be a great location, if you enjoy that pool (dive-in movies, Tiki Bar).

None of the Friday check-in buildings for Cascades immediately face the pool, but building 3 is close to it.

Thanks Gina, do the Spas and Fountains both have elevators or should I be requesting ground floor?

Hello all,

This will be our first visit to SVR and we're hoping to make the most of it. We're checking in Friday, May 1st 2015, staying 6 nights. We've reserved a 2BR suite through Expedia. Travelers include myself, wife and 11 y/o daughter. A few questions:

1) Which buildings are available for check-in into a 2 BR unit on Friday? I saw mention of "red" buildings, but can't find that map. Edit: found map!
2) Is there a way to guarantee that our master will have a jetted tub large enough for 2? Edit: Does "Jacuzzi in Bedroom" (rather than bathroom) imply a larger tub?
3) Proximity to a fancier/larger pool is important to our 11 y/o who is on a swimming team. Any recommendations?
4) Balconies with wildlife view (ducks, geese, turtles, etc) is also desirable. Edit: It looks like there will be plenty of wildlife to enjoy!
5) Any additional tips for first timers would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Based on further site exploration/feedback, I'm leaning towards requesting a 4th floor Cascades room :)

Thanks so much for all the valuable feedback!

Joe

Last edited:
Annnd, we're back. Great 13 day vacation! There was a 105F difference between Friday's high in Orlando (89F) and this morning's wind chill in Ottawa (-17F) - send me back!!!! :sad:

Yes, there is a small hotel size shampoo and conditioner provided now. Nice scent, but I didn't use any; we bring our own favorite brands.

I took a full series of photos in the Courts upper unit; will post in a couple of days once I get everything downloaded and ready to go. Housekeeping was just finishing in our unit as we arrived (early) and I think she was greatly amused by our oohing and ahhing as we saw our own unit for the first time since the refresh. We were greatly impressed, and are VERY happy with the results.

Welcome back! Can't wait to see the photos! Hope you had a great time...and I imagine the temperature difference felt like a slap in the face.

Hello all,

This will be our first visit to SVR and we're hoping to make the most of it. We're checking in Friday, May 1st 2015, staying 6 nights. We've reserved a 2BR suite through Expedia. Travelers include myself, wife and 11 y/o daughter. A few questions:

1) Which buildings are available for check-in into a 2 BR unit on Friday? I saw mention of "red" buildings, but can't find that map. Edit: found map!
2) Is there a way to guarantee that our master will have a jetted tub large enough for 2? Edit: Does "Jacuzzi in Bedroom" (rather than bathroom) imply a larger tub?
3) Proximity to a fancier/larger pool is important to our 11 y/o who is on a swimming team. Any recommendations?
4) Balconies with wildlife view (ducks, geese, turtles, etc) is also desirable. Edit: It looks like there will be plenty of wildlife to enjoy!
5) Any additional tips for first timers would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Based on further site exploration/feedback, I'm leaning towards requesting a 4th floor Cascades room :)

Thanks so much for all the valuable feedback!

Joe

To answer some of your questions....

1. The only two sections you have ruled out are Falls (which are Sunday check-in only) and Courts (Saturday check-in only).

2. This is the jetted tub in Spas:

And this is the jetted tub in Fountains:

To be honest, we didnt use it on either stay, but the Spas tub sure looked and seemed bigger than the one in the Fountains villa. I have never stayed in one of the villas with the tub in the bedroom (which are Lakes and Fountains II, I think) so I cant compare those, unfortunately.

3. We like the Fountains pool best of the three main pools (Cascades, Super Pool in Spas, and Fountains.....these are the three that are open until 1 am and where the special events are hosted). Each one has their own merits. Cascades has a waterfall, and splash fountains for kids (and as such, it seems to be a favourite among the younger guests). The Super Pool is deeper than Cascades, and has an in-water volleyball net on one end (and a sand volleyball court adjacent to it). The Fountains pool has (I am pretty sure) the deepest water of the three, has an in-water volleyball net, has a waterfall, and is where the dive-in movies are held. But they are all awesome in their own way :) .

4. Most of the villas look out onto a lake or pond from the balcony, so you have a good chance of seeing ducks and fountains from the balcony of virtually every section of the resort. The landscaping is very well done.....its a beautiful resort with a very tranquil feel.

We check in the same day as you.....and we are getting super excited! :hyper:

Our time to request a location is coming up closer. I have been to the Sheraton Vistana several times over the years, but for the life of me I can't remember this certain layout of the resort. My absolute favorite location over the years was Lakes building 7, but my favorite pool is the Super Pool/Zimmies. Can anyone tell me if there is a "short cut" to get to the superpool from the Lakes section?

Diser pigletto booked through Skyauction for her December 2014 trip and had no issues. We have booked through Skyauction for our May vacation and have no worries at all. I am under the impression that Skyauction is used to sell off excess Interval International inventory as the confirmation certificate for my Skyauction booking is exactly the same as the II confirmation certificates.

We took the chance of booking Skyauction versus with the Vistana directly because the savings was substantial.

Best price I could get on a one-bedroom via SVR directly was $1078.40 for the week.

Skyauction was $399 for the 7 night stay + $20 admin fee for a total of $419.00. That's a difference of $659.40 USD.

I intend to submit my Diamond Lane request two weeks before check in, as usual, to request a top floor unit away from the two highways.

Well all your praise of the resort convinced me .... I booked a week in May via SkyAuction. I have used them several times at Bonnet Creek and other non-Orlando places. My Mom & her DH travel all over the world and use SkyAuction with no worries. I was happy to get a 2 Bedroom for $450 winning bid + $20 fee and I did get insurance this time. Bonnet Creek rates couldn't touch that.

So you are saying that I can use the Diamond Lane for special requests? I noted on my SkyAuction special requests and while they have honored at Bonnet Creek I'm thinking it might have a better shot via the Sheraton route.

To answer some of your questions....

1. The only two sections you have ruled out are Falls (which are Sunday check-in only) and Courts (Saturday check-in only).

2. This is the jetted tub in Spas:

And this is the jetted tub in Fountains:

To be honest, we didnt use it on either stay, but the Spas tub sure looked and seemed bigger than the one in the Fountains villa. I have never stayed in one of the villas with the tub in the bedroom (which are Lakes and Fountains II, I think) so I cant compare those, unfortunately.

3. We like the Fountains pool best of the three main pools (Cascades, Super Pool in Spas, and Fountains.....these are the three that are open until 1 am and where the special events are hosted). Each one has their own merits. Cascades has a waterfall, and splash fountains for kids (and as such, it seems to be a favourite among the younger guests). The Super Pool is deeper than Cascades, and has an in-water volleyball net on one end (and a sand volleyball court adjacent to it). The Fountains pool has (I am pretty sure) the deepest water of the three, has an in-water volleyball net, has a waterfall, and is where the dive-in movies are held. But they are all awesome in their own way :) .

4. Most of the villas look out onto a lake or pond from the balcony, so you have a good chance of seeing ducks and fountains from the balcony of virtually every section of the resort. The landscaping is very well done.....its a beautiful resort with a very tranquil feel.

We check in the same day as you.....and we are getting super excited! :hyper:

Thanks so much for the feedback, Gina. We have so much to consider, but it doesn't sound like we can go wrong with any of the choices.

Twice, we stayed just around the corner on I-Drive at the Floridays. It was nice, but no where as expansive as the SVR. However, we did enjoy the jetted tub each night before bed so we don't want to give that up. Some of this pics I've seen suggest the in-bedroom tub might be bigger. It's hard to tell.

We've had another brutal winter in the Detroit, MI area so we're ready for some Florida sun and a 3rd visit to Discovery Cove!!

Joe

Glad you had great weather B. Friends just got back last week (Marriott) they were actually telling us that a few days it was to hot.I feel sooooo bad for them LOL Mean while the wind is still blowing but at least it is a little warmer here.Going to post a photo of the snow banks this year.All booked for Westin Villas in Maui for Nov. (7 days) amazing deal on our flight (s) This will really be our first real holiday with out the kids! Teenagers now?? my my how time fly's!!

Well all your praise of the resort convinced me .... I booked a week in May via SkyAuction. I have used them several times at Bonnet Creek and other non-Orlando places. My Mom & her DH travel all over the world and use SkyAuction with no worries. I was happy to get a 2 Bedroom for $450 winning bid + $20 fee and I did get insurance this time. Bonnet Creek rates couldn't touch that.

So you are saying that I can use the Diamond Lane for special requests? I noted on my SkyAuction special requests and while they have honored at Bonnet Creek I'm thinking it might have a better shot via the Sheraton route.

Awesome!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :) . Which week in May will you be there? Perhaps we will run into each other at the Tacky Tiki Bar (we're there the 1st to the 8th).

You can most definitely use Diamond Lane for special requests. Send it in about 2 weeks before your arrival date (according to our resident expert, bankr63, that's when the resort begins determining room assignments.....and he hasn't led us wrong on anything yet). If you put special requests on your Skyauction reservation I would still submit them via Diamond Lane, just to be sure all your bases are covered.

Awesome!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :) . Which week in May will you be there? Perhaps we will run into each other at the Tacky Tiki Bar (we're there the 1st to the 8th).

You can most definitely use Diamond Lane for special requests. Send it in about 2 weeks before your arrival date (according to our resident expert, bankr63, that's when the resort begins determining room assignments.....and he hasn't led us wrong on anything yet). If you put special requests on your Skyauction reservation I would still submit them via Diamond Lane, just to be sure all your bases are covered.

May 17th - 24th, and yes I hope to visit the Tacky Tiki Bar! :drinking1 We are trying to check out all kinds of places to stay and this price was too good to pass up! Everyone with their own beds and Mom doesn't share a bathroom with the boys = VACATION! :cool1:

Welcome Back Bankr63! Southern Ontario winter hasn't been as bad as Ottawa, but, probably just as annoying. I CAN'T WAIT for some warm weather!!

I am just waiting for my boss to approve my vacation requests so I can book our week at the end of August :rolleyes1 .

Has anyone posted or does anyone know if the Zimmie's update is complete? I don't remember seeing it here yet.

Frankie D
:stitch:

Welcome Back Bankr63! Southern Ontario winter hasn't been as bad as Ottawa, but, probably just as annoying. I CAN'T WAIT for some warm weather!!

I am just waiting for my boss to approve my vacation requests so I can book our week at the end of August :rolleyes1 .

Has anyone posted or does anyone know if the Zimmie's update is complete? I don't remember seeing it here yet.

Frankie D
:stitch:
Thanks Frankie D,

I'd like to say I'm glad to be home, but I'd be lying. It is a very sad day when the family sled points north and we mush the dogs all the way home.

Zimmie's is done and open. It has a nice cool modern vibe, but is still a fairly open room (I've always felt it could use a little intimacy). We didn't eat inside, but did have some appies at the revamped poolside bar. The outdoor area is roughly the same footprint, but the bar is larger and has a good sports bar vibe. The bar food seems a bit more inspired; I really enjoyed my plate of Pot Stickers and a glass of green beer for St Patrick's Day.

Since we booked 2 br sleeps 8 thru skyauction is there any chance we will get put in a 2br lockoff?

There is always a chance, but it is pretty slim. There are two things that work against this. Vistana has very few one bedroom units compared to two bedrooms, so they will probably split their own units for higher occupancy (and better $$ return). Also for units that are deposited by owners in II/RCI, they get a lot more points/trading power by depositing two one-bedrooms than they do by depositing a two bedroom lockoff. I always split my 3BR LO at Silver Lake on deposit - I get almost twice the trading power compared to a single 3BR deposit (which I did once before I learned my lesson).

Also keep in mind that a 2BR lockoff sleeps 8 only sleeps 4 in beds, and 4 in sofa beds (also Courts regular townhouse villas have this arrangement). A regular 2BR sleeps 6 in beds which is usually a better option for most.

Last edited:

Anxiously awaiting your Courts pics. We have a lower unit booked and can't really find any pics online, even on Sheraton's own website. I realize you stayed in an upper, and our unit will be different, but looking forward to seeing them nonetheless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter