The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

One more question: If we end up in Lakes we can drive and park near the 'superpool', correct?

If your in lakes your about a 3 minute walk to to Fountains pool? It's as nice as the Spas(super) pool.

I agree with keeperof4 ... the Fountains pool is awesome (and actually, we prefer the Fountains pool to the Super pool!). But if you do choose to pool hop during your vacation (which we always do, because the special events and activities tend to be evenly divided between the three main pools throughout the week) then its a very short drive from one side of the resort to the other :) .

Gina, you are a font of knowledge!

Thanks for all your posts, you have been a great help to me in planning our trip.

I used the Diamond Lane (thanks for the link) and they have acknowledged receipt of our requests. Hope we are near Cascades since we have no car. We arrive on a Monday and have a 2 bed apartment. Hopefully we'll not be on the other side of the resort!!

Regards.

Hi everyone - i just won an auction through Sky Auction for the SVR. I did it on a whim and won. Who has worked with Sky Auction in the past? I am not worried about the resort, as we've stayed here a bunch of times but what worries me is our check in day may be a Sunday and I really wanted to stay in the Fountains area. Is this possible? We've only ever stayed in the Cascades and Fountains area's so that is what I am familiar with. Also I won the auction on Friday and they came back to me to say that the check-in day I wanted wasn't available so I chose the next best day for us - Sunday. I haven't heard from them since so I don't know if I actually "WON" this now or not. Do you know the particulars about this website? Thanks for the help!!!!!!!! I love the Sheraton :-) so I was happy to get this 2 bedroom for a really stellar price!!!!

Hi everyone - i just won an auction through Sky Auction for the SVR. I did it on a whim and won. Who has worked with Sky Auction in the past? I am not worried about the resort, as we've stayed here a bunch of times but what worries me is our check in day may be a Sunday and I really wanted to stay in the Fountains area. Is this possible? We've only ever stayed in the Cascades and Fountains area's so that is what I am familiar with. Also I won the auction on Friday and they came back to me to say that the check-in day I wanted wasn't available so I chose the next best day for us - Sunday. I haven't heard from them since so I don't know if I actually "WON" this now or not. Do you know the particulars about this website? Thanks for the help!!!!!!!! I love the Sheraton :-) so I was happy to get this 2 bedroom for a really stellar price!!!!

We are booked for May 1-8 through SkyAuction. We own two annual weeks in the Fountains, but this was an "extra" trip that had to be squeezed in on a budget....and the Skyauction price was the best we could find (and by a significant margin at that). I will be sure to post back and let you know how it goes.

The Fountains offers check-ins on Sundays, so yes....it is possible for you to be assigned there :) (that's my favourite section, too :thumbsup2). Your options would be the buildings on this map marked in green:

https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/resort_maps/svr_resort_map.pdf

From my research, it appears Skyaction sells the excess inventory of Interval International (a timeshare exchange company). From the time my bid won the auction until the time I had confirmation of my reservation in hand was very, very quick.....within about a day or two. I am sure you will be hearing back from them very soon as far as availability for your dates.

When is your trip? :sunny:

Thanks Gina-Gina! I got confirmation through Sky Auction late yesterday that we are good to go!!!! We check in on Sunday, May 10th until Sunday, May 17th. I am very excited! We love this resort. I couldn't believe the price that SA had this for so I knew I had to grab it. So much better than what the ALLEARS rate and regular rack rate was. I honestly could not be happier :-)

Hello everyone I just wanted to stop back and update everyone on my trip this past week. The weather was amazing high 70s to high 80s everyday it only rained once and even then it did not start till about 11pm and was completely dry by the time I got up in the morning. I am so sad to be back here in cold snowy NY like all vacations the week went by way too fast. We stayed in the Springs and were very happy there but I would like to try the Cascades next time :) As soon as I figure out how I will post some pictures!

Quick question - does anyone know if there is a height requirement for the waterside that is at that one pool?

I don't know about the height requirements but I believe it is a slide for kids not adults. Also as of when I was there last week the slide was not there, they were doing some sort of renevation or something on it.

Is Sky Auction US of Canadian $$ just got my bill from SVR used Visa instead of Amex and it was still 32 cents on the $$ that's a killer for us snow birds. I was given the 50% family discount resort card so in total this stay was about an extra C$250 ,still well worth the price!! I just booked the Westin's Ka'anapali Resort Villa's, Amex promotion for Oct. another on my bucket list,6 nights 5 days airfare car for around $400 can. a day for two. I know its not Disney related but any one try this?

Last edited:
Quick question - does anyone know if there is a height requirement for the waterside that is at that one pool?
No life guard on duty. Use at your own risk. May want to stay at the end of the slide, some of the older ones don't have their parents keeping an eye (or within eye site?) can be very aggressive and hit the other smaller kids before they can swim out of the way . Just in case anyone is interested ??IT'S SNOWING HERE AGAIN TO NIGHT!!

So I have to put my Diamond Lane Request in today (Yea!!!). After months of planning I am now panicking about making some decisions about requests! We have a 1 bedroom through RCI, Friday check-in. So, I think that means Cascades or Lakes? - please correct me if I'm wrong. I have two teenagers so wanting quiet is not on our radar. I know people love Lakes because they want quiet, but it seems to out in the middle of nowhere to me according to the map. Am I wrong in this? Just curious what the best option would be for my family. They want to swim, play volleyball, basketball and mini golf. They do not want quiet and serene- they are always on the go. Any help would be appreciated! I know to ask to be away from the highways and I plan to ask to be near a pool. Any other suggestions?? Thanks!! Two weeks to go!!

So I have to put my Diamond Lane Request in today (Yea!!!). After months of planning I am now panicking about making some decisions about requests! We have a 1 bedroom through RCI, Friday check-in. So, I think that means Cascades or Lakes? - please correct me if I'm wrong. I have two teenagers so wanting quiet is not on our radar. I know people love Lakes because they want quiet, but it seems to out in the middle of nowhere to me according to the map. Am I wrong in this? Just curious what the best option would be for my family. They want to swim, play volleyball, basketball and mini golf. They do not want quiet and serene- they are always on the go. Any help would be appreciated! I know to ask to be away from the highways and I plan to ask to be near a pool. Any other suggestions?? Thanks!! Two weeks to go!!

With a one bedroom, you are correct that you will be in either Cascades or Lakes. Those are the only two sections that offer one bedroom villas.

Some of the Lakes buildings have very easy access to the Fountains section, which offers a great pool for teens, shuffleboard, a sand volleyball court, basketball courts, the Tiki Bar and fast food, etc. I have a 19 year old son, and he prefers the Fountains pool to all others in the resort. The Cascades pool is nice, but tends to cater to the younger set (with the sprinklers and shallow depth) though you would be closer to the Marketplace, Zimmies and mini golf. The mini golf course is pretty basic, though (and its not free to play....there is a cost per game, or family theme nights for a special price) so just don't go expecting Congo River or Pirates Cove. If you happen to end up in Cascades, I am guessing that your teens will enjoy the Super Pool the most......it has a consistently deeper depth, in-water volleyball, and (generally speaking, of course) less little ones frolicking about (they are playing in the sprinklers in the Cascades pool across the way).

For our one bedroom requests for our May trip, we plan to request a top floor villa (so you don't have the pitter patter of little feet....or the thump thump of big ones....over head when trying to sleep) with a balcony (some of the 1 bedroom configurations have lesser square footage and no balcony) that's away from the highway. We're okay with either Cascades or Lakes, but Lakes would be my preference.....bigger rooms versus Cascades, and nearer to the Fountains.

With a one bedroom, you are correct that you will be in either Cascades or Lakes. Those are the only two sections that offer one bedroom villas.

Some of the Lakes buildings have very easy access to the Fountains section, which offers a great pool for teens, shuffleboard, a sand volleyball court, basketball courts, the Tiki Bar and fast food, etc. I have a 19 year old son, and he prefers the Fountains pool to all others in the resort. The Cascades pool is nice, but tends to cater to the younger set (with the sprinklers and shallow depth) though you would be closer to the Marketplace, Zimmies and mini golf. The mini golf course is pretty basic, though (and its not free to play....there is a cost per game, or family theme nights for a special price) so just don't go expecting Congo River or Pirates Cove. If you happen to end up in Cascades, I am guessing that your teens will enjoy the Super Pool the most......it has a consistently deeper depth, in-water volleyball, and (generally speaking, of course) less little ones frolicking about (they are playing in the sprinklers in the Cascades pool across the way).

For our one bedroom requests for our May trip, we plan to request a top floor villa (so you don't have the pitter patter of little feet....or the thump thump of big ones....over head when trying to sleep) with a balcony (some of the 1 bedroom configurations have lesser square footage and no balcony) that's away from the highway. We're okay with either Cascades or Lakes, but Lakes would be my preference.....bigger rooms versus Cascades, and nearer to the Fountains.

Thanks Gina! You're the best! I figured you'd be able to give me advice ;) You have put my mind at ease about the Lakes section. I will leave it up to the fates which section we get and ask for the larger one bedroom with balcony. RCI is cryptic. They do say full kitchen guaranteed, so I would like to think that means the bigger one bedroom. Fingers crossed! Thanks again!

'You have put my mind at ease about the Lakes section'. Not to interfere but i do believe Lakes Bldg. 9 have lock offs. You don't want one of those. Way too noisy if you have a family of 10 crammed into the unit beside you. Also building 9 will have #4 highway traffic noise after 11pm when they turn the fountains off. Building 10 in Lakes would be good ,but if I may suggest I think you would be very happy with Cascades bldg 6 and request units 2262 or 2264.Top floor I do believe that you would be happy with these units if they were available. SRV are top notch in pleasing guests as long as it is not fully booked? They may even up grade you to a two bedroom?

Thanks for the imput Keeperof4. If I have the right map and am correct about red being Friday check-in, then the only two buildings in red are Lakes #2 or Lakes #8. I am hoping they will honor my request to be away from highway and near a pool and put me in #2 if I get Lakes. I so wish they would just let you know where you are before you get there! I will be in pins and needles until we check in! I would LOVE an upgrade- my kids aren't small and we could really use the room, but it does include Easter and the week after, so I am assuming they will be pretty full. I will just have to keep reminding myself that any villa in Florida on vacation is better than my desk at work! Wish us luck!

Thanks for the imput Keeperof4. If I have the right map and am correct about red being Friday check-in, then the only two buildings in red are Lakes #2 or Lakes #8. I am hoping they will honor my request to be away from highway and near a pool and put me in #2 if I get Lakes. I so wish they would just let you know where you are before you get there! I will be in pins and needles until we check in! I would LOVE an upgrade- my kids aren't small and we could really use the room, but it does include Easter and the week after, so I am assuming they will be pretty full. I will just have to keep reminding myself that any villa in Florida on vacation is better than my desk at work! Wish us luck!

Yes ma'am, you are correct....red buildings are generally for Friday check-ins.

Friends of mine spent a week last winter in Lakes building 2, and raved about their accomodations (and location within the resort).

I don't think they will commit in advance to specific room assignments in the event that a villa encounters a problem (leaking, smoking, etc.) and has to be taken out of inventory. I can imagine how upset some folks would get if they were given a commitment on a unit they wanted and then had it taken away or changed at check-in!!

Fingers crossed that you are dusted with a little Sheraton magic and get an upgrade at check-in pixiedust: .

Not sure if this has been asked or answered, but is shampoo provided? We own the timeshare but it's been years since I've been

Not sure if this has been asked or answered, but is shampoo provided? We own the timeshare but it's been years since I've been

It never used to be provided, but it is now. They rolled out that particular perk after our most recent stay, so I can't attest to the type or quality of the toiletries they now provide....but bankr63 should be back soon from his adventures and can hopefully fill us in!

It never used to be provided, but it is now. They rolled out that particular perk after our most recent stay, so I can't attest to the type or quality of the toiletries they now provide....but bankr63 should be back soon from his adventures and can hopefully fill us in!

Annnd, we're back. Great 13 day vacation! There was a 105F difference between Friday's high in Orlando (89F) and this morning's wind chill in Ottawa (-17F) - send me back!!!! :sad:

Yes, there is a small hotel size shampoo and conditioner provided now. Nice scent, but I didn't use any; we bring our own favorite brands.

I took a full series of photos in the Courts upper unit; will post in a couple of days once I get everything downloaded and ready to go. Housekeeping was just finishing in our unit as we arrived (early) and I think she was greatly amused by our oohing and ahhing as we saw our own unit for the first time since the refresh. We were greatly impressed, and are VERY happy with the results.

Stay tuned for the update...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter