The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thank you for the information! Floor plan info was great! I will check out sky auction, although like a previous posted said, I'm sort of skeptical of that price...but I really have no basis for that, so I don't know what my issue is! However, I'll check out some of the tips that bankr63 suggested as well. What exactly is the $125 date surcharge?

We plan on traveling the week of November 7th - Saturday to Saturday. Glad to hear things have moved out of the Miami Vice era. LOL!

Last edited:
Thank you for the information! Floor plan info was great! I will check out sky auction, although like a previous posted said, I'm sort of skeptical of that price...but I really have no basis for that, so I don't know what my issue is! However, I'll check out some of the tips that bankr63 suggested as well. We plan on traveling the week of November 7th - Saturday to Saturday. Glad to hear things have moved out of the Miami Vice era. LOL!

We have a Skyauction booking for May 1-8. I will be sure to post back with how our experience is. Lots of Disers have reported using Skyauction for various property rentals with a great deal of success (and satisfaction) so I, myself, am not worried about our reservation at all :goodvibes (even though the price is crazy super awesome!).

Here's a few pics that might show the comparative decor of a couple of the sections.

This is the living area of a Spas 2 bedroom (top floor unit):

While this is the living area (and dining area.....just took the pic a little further out) of a Fountain I top floor unit:

Spas master bedroom:

Fountains I master bedroom:

Spas 2nd bedroom:

Fountains I 2nd bedroom:

There are subtle differences between the sections. The Fountains I unit had a skylight, and french-style doors to the balcony while the Spas unit had no skylight (so the interior felt darker) and sliding doors to the patio. The Spas villa had a round dining table while the Fountains villa had a rectangular table. In Spas, the desk and chair were in the foyer (just as you entered the villa) while it was next to the balcony entrance in the living area in the Fountains villa. Both, though, were wonderfully nice and most of the differences in decor are just a matter of taste.

There are 4 basic configurations of villas....1 bedroom, 1 bedroom premium, 2 bedroom, and 2 bedroom lock-off.

1 bedroom are the smallest, a reduced kitchen, and no balcony. The are the smaller side of a 2 bedroom lock-off.

1 bedroom premiums have a larger kitchen than the standard one bedroom, plus have a balcony. They are the larger side of the 2 bedroom lock-off.

Most of the standard 2 bedrooms have two doubles in the 2nd bedroom and sleep 8. The Falls units and the Courts units have 2 twins in the second bedroom versus the two doubles. But the upper Courts units have a special 2-level floor plan that make them unique within the entire resort.

The two bedroom lock-offs are a combination of the two 1-bedroom villas as listed above, with a door separating the two villas which can be opened to make one large unit.

You can check out each section's specific layout at this link:

https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.com/villa-collection/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas#floorplan-1

You can rent from owners via sites like the TUG Marketplace (Timeshare User's Group), Redweek, and My Resort Network. You could also check out Skyauction....sometimes weeks can be found even cheaper there than renting from an owner (as owner's usually have maintenance fees to cover, and Skyauction sometimes offers villas for less than an owner's yearly maintenance fee).

http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2507731?reloaded=1

I don't know exactly when in November you were planning on travelling, but check-in dates up to and including November 15th or the 27th and thereafter would be $450 base price + $125 date surcharge + $20 admin fee for a total of $595 for a two bedroom villa. That's an EXCELLENT price! Checking in the weekend of the US Thanksgiving would be an additional $300, or $895 for the week (still awesome....as owners, our annual maintenance fees on our two bedroom villas in Fountains I were $906).

When you won your auction and paid, did they place the room in your name with the resort right away? Is this something you can confirm with SVR?

We are probably going to do 3 nights on-site at Universal in June for front of the line and early entrance perks. Then moving off-site to SVR mainly due to your great trip reports show casing the resort.

When you won your auction and paid, did they place the room in your name with the resort right away? Is this something you can confirm with SVR?

We are probably going to do 3 nights on-site at Universal in June for front of the line and early entrance perks. Then moving off-site to SVR mainly due to your great trip reports show casing the resort.

I won my auction on January 5th, and immediately received an email providing me with instructions on how to submit my requested dates. You are only obligated to pay if they can secure your requested dates (based on what is listed as being available on the auction).

Once availability was confirmed, I was sent another email with instructions on how to pay the amount due (the amount of my bid). I submitted the payment the same day via credit card.

On January 6th, I received email confirmation of the fulfillment of my booking, which outlined the resort name, villa size, travel dates, and legal terms of the booking (non-refundable, that a passport is required for non-US citizens to enter the USA, etc.). That email listed a fulfillment number, the offer number, and a confirmation number.

Within a couple of days, I received an official three-page Confirmation Certificate that listed all the reservation details again (in a much prettier, fancier, colour format) that also included a Reservation Number.

I thought that the Skyauction Confirmation Certificate looked remarkably similar....identical, even.....to the confirmation certificates issued by Interval International when owners do an exchange.....but the Skyauction certificate noted that travel was provided by Worldwide Vacation & Travel (not Interval International). A quick Google search found this:

The resort accommodations reservation program powered by intervalworld.com is provided by Worldwide Vacation & Travel, Inc. d/b/a Interval Travel (WVT), a Florida corporation with a principal place of business at 9995 S.W. 88th Street , Miami , Florida 33176 on behalf of Interval International, Inc. (INTERVAL), a Florida corporation with a principal place of business at 6262 Sunset Drive, Miami , Florida 33143 . WVT, INTERVAL and its affiliated companies shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Providers".

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=60&p=terms

So I'm not crazy! (I did a couple of exchanges in 2014, so I had seen those confirmation certificates before). I guess that's why I am very confident that everything is on the up-and-up. I am reasonably certain that Skyauction is used to help unload unreserved exchanges under Interval International's system. Everything went smooth as silk for our exchanges, so I am expecting nothing less that that for our May week :goodvibes .

Last edited:
So we are on our way !! Only had to remove six foot snow drifts out of our driveway yesterday .Thank goodness every thing looks clear for travel.It looks like a little cool weather for a few days. Looking so forward to quality time with family (HVC Sea World )and friends (Marriott's Harbour Lake). Next trip Nov.2015 Westin Ka'anapoli Ocean Resort Villas.

So we are on our way !! Only had to remove six foot snow drifts out of our driveway yesterday .Thank goodness every thing looks clear for travel.It looks like a little cool weather for a few days. Looking so forward to quality time with family (HVC Sea World )and friends (Marriott's Harbour Lake). Next trip Nov.2015 Westin Ka'anapoli Ocean Resort Villas.

Have an awesome time!!

And bring back pics of the new Zimmies and Welcome Center ... please and thanks :flower3: .

Have a fabulous vacation! Can't wait to hear about it!

I won my auction on January 5th, and immediately received an email providing me with instructions on how to submit my requested dates. You are only obligated to pay if they can secure your requested dates (based on what is listed as being available on the auction).

Once availability was confirmed, I was sent another email with instructions on how to pay the amount due (the amount of my bid). I submitted the payment the same day via credit card.

On January 6th, I received email confirmation of the fulfillment of my booking, which outlined the resort name, villa size, travel dates, and legal terms of the booking (non-refundable, that a passport is required for non-US citizens to enter the USA, etc.). That email listed a fulfillment number, the offer number, and a confirmation number.

Within a couple of days, I received an official three-page Confirmation Certificate that listed all the reservation details again (in a much prettier, fancier, colour format) that also included a Reservation Number.

I thought that the Skyauction Confirmation Certificate looked remarkably similar....identical, even.....to the confirmation certificates issued by Interval International when owners do an exchange.....but the Skyauction certificate noted that travel was provided by Worldwide Vacation & Travel (not Interval International). A quick Google search found this:

The resort accommodations reservation program powered by intervalworld.com is provided by Worldwide Vacation & Travel, Inc. d/b/a Interval Travel (WVT), a Florida corporation with a principal place of business at 9995 S.W. 88th Street , Miami , Florida 33176 on behalf of Interval International, Inc. (INTERVAL), a Florida corporation with a principal place of business at 6262 Sunset Drive, Miami , Florida 33143 . WVT, INTERVAL and its affiliated companies shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Providers".

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=60&p=terms

So I'm not crazy! (I did a couple of exchanges in 2014, so I had seen those confirmation certificates before). I guess that's why I am very confident that everything is on the up-and-up. I am reasonably certain that Skyauction is used to help unload unreserved exchanges under Interval International's system. Everything went smooth as silk for our exchanges, so I am expecting nothing less that that for our May week :goodvibes .

Thank you very much for the detailed information!

Gina! Thanks for the skyauction info! I was successful with winning the auction for a 7 night stay at SVR! WOOHOO!!!! :jumping1:

I won two auctions for Vistana, going at the end of May. I'm hoping we won't have to move the second week, but we'll note it with our requests through Diamond and obviously again at check in. We stayed twice before in Cascades. I had to look it up, the last time was 10 years ago! I'm glad they've refurbished all the villas. We were very happy there.

This trip is just my daughter and I, since my oldest and my husband can't get away. I wanted a longer trip to finish out our APs. So now I have time to look around and choose where to stay this trip. We have Friday check ins. We want the top floor for quiet, and I love the photos of Fountains 1 with the skylight, but I'm thinking an elevator would be best for us since my husband won't be there to do the heavy lifting. I feel like trying something different, maybe Lakes...Any pictures of this section?

BTW- all my stays at Vistana, past and upcoming were through Sky Auction. I didn't read the bad reviews. Maybe they couldn't get the week they wanted? We've had zero problems with SA. Honestly, they've been off my radar for a while, lol obviously 10 years. Most of our recent trips have been on site for shorter stays before we hit the beach.

Through my purchase history:
In July 2004 I won a 1 BR for $413.
In July 2005 I won a 1 BR for $462. This auction stated it could have been 1 or 2 BR, I guess depending on the date.
For May I won 2 auctions for 2 BR for $470 each. $450 + $20 admin fee.

I was able to get back to back weeks. Obviously it depends on when you're travelling. My daughter will finish the semester right before we leave so we'll miss the heavier summer crowds, and prices.
We could have gotten a 1 BR for $100 less, but I didn't see more than one auction for this and I'm trying not to move for the second week into a different villa. Still, $940 for two weeks in a beautiful 2 BR villa. I'm happy with that!

o_Oo_O
I just checked out the skyauction site, you are right they do have some amazing rates. I will keep that in mind for Florida 2016.??Hopefully were done with braces lol I will probably start viewing it around August, that's usually when my sister can get us great rates through Interval for SVR but as you must be aware now its not always on the list , it's pretty hard to stay anywhere else but SVR. Now not to be rude to my friends if they view this, but I have been telling them about this site now for about 3 years and the knowledge that can be obtained through people who have actually stayed at Disney and nearby resorts. They recently went through a travel agency here locally , I do believe they are staying at the Floridian at Disney. 7 nights including 5 day theme park? passes , $9000?? Canadian.Room no meals. My understanding is that this week that resort is fully booked. In fact I don't think this included their airfare which from Canada right now would probably be another 2 3 thousand on top that .It's amazing the misconception that people are given about off Disney resorts. I really hope they are having a amazing time this week.Nothing from FB yet? but I can't fathom spending that kind of money for a week to stay at a Disney theme hotel where you basically will be sleeping??

Good lord $9000 Canadian?!?! And to add insult to injury they had a very Un-Magical trip? They'd have to be carting me to MK on an air condtioned litter while feeding me grapes then waiting in line for me.

Yep, the bad news is that season is late April into May and again late August into September. The good news is that they don't inundate the whole state, they kind of crop up in different areas. So sayeth the Wicked Pedia...

Had to look it up since I have never actually seen a lovebug (although they have some Canadian relatives that I have seen). They aren't around when we are there in March.

I am fairly certain that this is why most porches and even backyard swimming pools are screened in in Florida.

Oh my gosh, I forgot it will be love bug season when we go. Been there done that. The thing I noticed was, they are attracted to light colors. I noticed they were all over a white table outside somewhere... maybe it was Security at the Parks? Packing note to self: don't wear white in May.

I have a Skyauction question.

After you win a bid at SVR, can you still submit a Diamond Lane and request a specific section.

We are fans of Springs and Cascades and would prefer to be there again.

Hi Frankie,

Anyone with a valid reservation can make a Diamond Lane request. You just need to have your reservation number or RCI/II number so they can locate your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter