The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

thanks Gina
do you know if the new gas grills are available in the fountain sections

I am sure I read somewhere (one of our owners newsletters, maybe?) that the gas grills were to be installed in Fountains by spring 2015. I know I mentioned it to Steve, saying that they should be all ready to go for our May visit.

I will see if I can find the link to that info and will post it here if I do.

Good day fellow Vistana lovers! NEW SITE! Well it looks like we are 16 days away from our 2015 vacation. We have already been in contact with the great staff at the SVR and they are anxiously awaiting our arrival. So far we are confirmed at Cascades and it appears as though the renovations of Zimmie's are completed.(our bar) Did get quite a shock last week when I went to purchase some US Funds , but we can't let that spoil our vacation. It sure will cut down on the extras this year unless we find amazing deals. Hope we have pleasant weather, family was there about 2 weeks ago and although it was a little breezy, around the pools it was still very comfortable, the pool water could have been a little warmer though. They will be joining us on this trip also but they will be staying up at the Hilton (sea). So we are blessed to have two excellent resorts to enjoy. We are so thankful that we actually have a resort that will satisfy all our needs , especially now that the Canadian dollar is taking such a skinning. ps It is SNOWING AGAIN!!!! around -30 wind chill with around 50km gusts.

So sorry if this has been asked before but how is the shuttle service? And how much is it for a ride? We plan on driving to the parks but my two teens may want to stay long then my husband and I. I called the front desk and they told me to look at my reservation and I had no idea what they were talking about!

As a side note, I am so excited that we got a reservation! We own a timeshare with RCI and the first time I looked the Sheraton I fell in love! Unfortunately they didn't have the dates I needed :(. So we decided to book at the Holiday Inn at Orange Lake but didn't have enough points! It took a couple weeks for the points to transfer and I decided to check to see if the Sheraton had added any new dates just got kicks! Unbelievably they did! And it was a two bedroom!

Now it's off to planning again! We decided to move up our trip from 2016 to this June!:dancer:

thanks Gina
do you know if the new gas grills are available in the fountain sections

Found it!

From our Fall 2014 Association newsletter:

RESORT UPDATE

• Sheraton Vistana Resort is undergoing some exciting changes. To ensure the quality vacation you’ve come to expect, the Welcome Center and Zimmie’s will be getting a fresh, updated face lift. Zimmie’s is scheduled to re-open late January 2015. With the Welcome Center renovation well on its way and expected to be complete by Christmas 2014, registration is temporarily relocated across the street at 8803 Vistana Centre Drive (an office building). Click here to enjoy a sneak peek of the renovations.

• A new state-of-the art Sheraton Fitness by EXOS®, will be added to the Spa Recreation Center and is scheduled to open early February 2015. The fitness center in the Cascades phase is also currently undergoing renovations to be upgraded to a Sheraton Fitness by EXOS®, with new state-of-the art equipment, and is scheduled to be complete by early February 2015.

• For your convenience, beginning January 2015, each villa bathroom will feature Shine for SheratonTM bath amenities including shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. The signature line refreshes and invigorates with a mix of mandarin and mint.

• For some added family fun, the Cascades phase children’s playground is also being renovated with new modern equipment, which will be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This is scheduled to be complete by early February 2015.

• The Fountains I phase will be receiving a fresh face lift with new duvets, carpet, and paint. This is scheduled for completion by midDecember 2014. New upholstery, sofa beds and window coverings will also be replaced by April 2015.

• Enjoy the new fire pit at the Fountains Recreation Center outside the Tacky Tiki Bar & Grill – perfect for socializing, making s’mores and enjoying an entertaining evening.

• To enhance your outdoor grilling experience, new gas grills, chairs and tables will be added to Fountains I and Lakes phases with scheduled completion by mid-December 2014.

• For a smoother game, the shuffleboard courts in the Falls and Fountains phases have also been resurfaced with terrazzo.

• We are continually maintaining the resort grounds and common areas to ensure a quality experience throughout. This includes repaving the entire resort, which is expected to be complete in the fall of 2015.

So sorry if this has been asked before but how is the shuttle service? And how much is it for a ride? We plan on driving to the parks but my two teens may want to stay long then my husband and I. I called the front desk and they told me to look at my reservation and I had no idea what they were talking about!
Glad you got your dates (eventually). I think what they are saying is to check your reservation to see if shuttle is included. Some stays have free shuttle others don't (but it is available for a fee). Since it sound like you are there on an exchange, it would be a for fee service. I need someone else to pipe in with the actual fee; $12 (pp) comes to mind, but I don't actually use the shuttle.

I'm not sure that shuttle would actually work for what you need. The shuttle tends to be a one fee 2-way service; you pay before it leaves the resort. Since the kids will only be using it one way (return), I'm not sure that's possible. Best to check with the resort to be sure. Ask for the transportation desk instead of front desk.

However, based on the cost for 2 kids, and erratic schedules, it might be easier just to give then cab fare back to the resort. There are cabs available at the parks, and I would think it is a fairly reasonable fare back - it's a 10-15 minute ride. I would hazard a guess that cab fare wouldn't be much more than shuttle bus, and they can leave whenever they are ready instead of having to follow the shuttle schedule.

Found it!

From our Fall 2014 Association newsletter:

RESORT UPDATE

• Sheraton Vistana Resort is undergoing some exciting changes. To ensure the quality vacation you’ve come to expect, the Welcome Center and Zimmie’s will be getting a fresh, updated face lift. Zimmie’s is scheduled to re-open late January 2015. With the Welcome Center renovation well on its way and expected to be complete by Christmas 2014, registration is temporarily relocated across the street at 8803 Vistana Centre Drive (an office building). Click here to enjoy a sneak peek of the renovations.

• A new state-of-the art Sheraton Fitness by EXOS®, will be added to the Spa Recreation Center and is scheduled to open early February 2015. The fitness center in the Cascades phase is also currently undergoing renovations to be upgraded to a Sheraton Fitness by EXOS®, with new state-of-the art equipment, and is scheduled to be complete by early February 2015.

• For your convenience, beginning January 2015, each villa bathroom will feature Shine for SheratonTM bath amenities including shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. The signature line refreshes and invigorates with a mix of mandarin and mint.

• For some added family fun, the Cascades phase children’s playground is also being renovated with new modern equipment, which will be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This is scheduled to be complete by early February 2015.

• The Fountains I phase will be receiving a fresh face lift with new duvets, carpet, and paint. This is scheduled for completion by midDecember 2014. New upholstery, sofa beds and window coverings will also be replaced by April 2015.

• Enjoy the new fire pit at the Fountains Recreation Center outside the Tacky Tiki Bar & Grill – perfect for socializing, making s’mores and enjoying an entertaining evening.

• To enhance your outdoor grilling experience, new gas grills, chairs and tables will be added to Fountains I and Lakes phases with scheduled completion by mid-December 2014.

• For a smoother game, the shuffleboard courts in the Falls and Fountains phases have also been resurfaced with terrazzo.

• We are continually maintaining the resort grounds and common areas to ensure a quality experience throughout. This includes repaving the entire resort, which is expected to be complete in the fall of 2015.

Thanks for this...will try to stay in the fountains I

Any one tried the new Zimmie's ? looks like an all new menu? 12 day to arrival :welcome:.party:

I am interested to hear feedback on the new Zimmies as well. We've only eaten there once....for the buffet....and it was a bust.

12 days! So jealous! What I wouldn't give for an opportunity to escape this incessant snow :headache: .

I am interested to hear feedback on the new Zimmies as well. We've only eaten there once....for the buffet....and it was a bust.

12 days! So jealous! What I wouldn't give for an opportunity to escape this incessant snow :headache: .

Yeah I have heard a few complaints about their buffet but we have always eaten outside on the Terrace and have always had very good luck as far as quality. I guess we are hoping that the same couple are operating it as 2 years ago. We have tried Cascades and also had good luck there but again there are those always?? complaining .lol We will obviously with kids? need to try the Tiki bar? when at the fountains pool. , As far as winter goes, I so need a break from the wind and the cold. I can take snow , I can take rain but this everyday?? with the wind blowing is really getting to me (us). It looks as though now the day we are planning on traveling there is another 15 cm expected. So I have purchased a park and fly room package out of Bangor for the day before for almost the same price as parking at Bangor Air. Also in case any one is interested , during selected dates at Aquatica you can get admission tickets for $8 as opposed to $28. A nice savings for sure.

I saw that several people have had good luck with Skyauction but online it has terrible reviews. Is this site trustworthy when renting for Sheraton Vistana? I would like to look into it for the future but I will be honest the bad reviews and scam alerts are very scary. If I hadn't seen here that people use it I would never have even considered it. Some of the postings seem way too good to be true. I do understand you have to carefully read the fine print etc.

I saw that several people have had good luck with Skyauction but online it has terrible reviews. Is this site trustworthy when renting for Sheraton Vistana? I would like to look into it for the future but I will be honest the bad reviews and scam alerts are very scary. If I hadn't seen here that people use it I would never have even considered it. Some of the postings seem way too good to be true. I do understand you have to carefully read the fine print etc.
Not sure if I can help but? Why take the chance ? This year we booked some months back pay when we stay direct through SVR at a great !price. Family members are owners, we normally go through their family guest exchange, but now with changes we wouldn't have been able to book for this year?? until the middle of January for our end of February stay. If you are going during peak periods regardless of who you book thru , prices will be about the same. Now forgive me but I haven't been on this site in months and I am sure there are more of the regulars who would be able to give more information. If you are booking through a third party site chances are that if the resort is really crowded it will affect where you will be placed & your options of being moved If you get placed by the highway??.(fountains II) What you could try is contact the resort directly first , secondly Expedia usually has about the most competitive rates and lastly , I am not sure exactly where the website is but try to book directly through one of the owners. I know now with some of these booking sites if you book and then they find someone who is willing to pay more, a lot of times your trip will be canceled and you will be left high and dry. That has only happened to us once, will not make that mistake again. Seems to me that name was Stayhereplayhere (?) what a scam. Good thing I booked through my Amex or I never would have gotten my FULL ?? refund. PS ALWAYS read the fine print before you BOOK NOW

Diser pigletto booked through Skyauction for her December 2014 trip and had no issues. We have booked through Skyauction for our May vacation and have no worries at all. I am under the impression that Skyauction is used to sell off excess Interval International inventory as the confirmation certificate for my Skyauction booking is exactly the same as the II confirmation certificates.

Not sure if I can help but? Why take the chance ?

We took the chance of booking Skyauction versus with the Vistana directly because the savings was substantial.

Best price I could get on a one-bedroom via SVR directly was $1078.40 for the week.

Skyauction was $399 for the 7 night stay + $20 admin fee for a total of $419.00. That's a difference of $659.40 USD.

I intend to submit my Diamond Lane request two weeks before check in, as usual, to request a top floor unit away from the two highways.

That is a great price. but the one bdr. wont work for us? I booked pay after you stay in Oct.14 / $1009.00us 2bdr, 10 days with two full cleaning that we do not really need,The best we could do through family guest would of been$719 apx 5 nights but? could not book for this year? until mid Jan.You probably no more about the new restriction than me? The best other offer was HGV I Dr. for 5 nights free but would most likely have to check out then back in after 3 days, 2 days?, then move to SW then pay?179 night there after(5nts) if we had of taken that FREE? breakfast lol! WE are very happy with the management at SVR so far we have been treated like Family!! Full size Budget pay at counter with free upgrade(no crown vics for me but will barter for mid SUV) $460 cd. all in, Bangor to Clearwater/ Sanford /Bangor $1700 us(12 cad cents then) selected seating. As of right now its looks like great? travel/ Orlando weather .

That is a great price. but the one bdr. wont work for us? I booked pay after you stay in Oct.14 / $1009.00us 2bdr, 10 days with two full cleaning that we do not really need,The best we could do through family guest would of been$719 apx 5 nights but? could not book for this year? until mid Jan.You probably no more about the new restriction than me? The best other offer was HGV I Dr. for 5 nights free but would most likely have to check out then back in after 3 days, 2 days?, then move to SW then pay?179 night there after(5nts) if we had of taken that FREE? breakfast lol! WE are very happy with the management at SVR so far we have been treated like Family!! Full size Budget pay at counter with free upgrade(no crown vics for me but will barter for mid SUV) $460 cd. all in, Bangor to Clearwater/ Sanford /Bangor $1700 us(12 cad cents then) selected seating. As of right now its looks like great? travel/ Orlando weather .

The two bedroom villa for our dates was $499 + $20 admin for a total of $519 for 7 nights. But the Skyauction price truly depends on when you are going....other dates had a surcharge ranging from $100 to $875 on top of the $499 base fee.

Your price is excellent for a 10 day stay in a 2 bedroom unit.

I just checked out the skyauction site, you are right they do have some amazing rates. I will keep that in mind for Florida 2016.??Hopefully were done with braces lol I will probably start viewing it around August, that's usually when my sister can get us great rates through Interval for SVR but as you must be aware now its not always on the list , it's pretty hard to stay anywhere else but SVR. Now not to be rude to my friends if they view this, but I have been telling them about this site now for about 3 years and the knowledge that can be obtained through people who have actually stayed at Disney and nearby resorts. They recently went through a travel agency here locally , I do believe they are staying at the Floridian at Disney. 7 nights including 5 day theme park? passes , $9000?? Canadian.Room no meals. My understanding is that this week that resort is fully booked. In fact I don't think this included their airfare which from Canada right now would probably be another 2 3 thousand on top that .It's amazing the misconception that people are given about off Disney resorts. I really hope they are having a amazing time this week.Nothing from FB yet? but I can't fathom spending that kind of money for a week to stay at a Disney theme hotel where you basically will be sleeping??

The newly-redecorated and redesigned Welcome Center re-opened earlier this week (February 10th). The photo on their Facebook page looks lovely....can't wait to see it in person in 11 weeks!

I can't wait to see on THURSDAY!! Our friends just returned from their vacation? It was any thing but a magical visit!! :charac2: Should of taken that FREEEE!!! advise:disrocks: It appears that Walt would be very disappointed of what has become of his dream.From the time they arrived at that (already booked room) on site resort?? until they left it was over worked under payed staff trying to deal with a :flower1: spoiled parents that believed they deserved more than the others. It appears a lot of changes not for the better have come in to place at Disney resorts. Long waits to get to & from resort? (2hrs+ mornings) to them parks, unreported before hand maintenance issue at some of the more popular rides ,pre issued fast passes useless because they refused?? to honor the next day?? Bland cold ridiculous over prices boil in a bag meal entrees .All around disorganization!! Will leave it at that? On a disappointing note for us? we missed the discount Aquatica ($8) passes:sad: still only paid $16 for Fed22 80 F that looks at this time will be about the hottest day? Can't tell in Orlando until you get up in the morning what the weather will be most days.:worship: We are all so excited to be returning to SVR:jumping1:

Hello Everyone - I've taken some time this weekend to try and research our 4th visit to DW in November. I spent the day looking at vacation rentals, and comparing them, and then, I stumbled upon this thread. I think this is the place for us! It will be my DH and myself...and then we will have some extended family staying at the Westgate Vacation Villas. I think we prefer the "resort" atmosphere. I've been trying to read through the thread to get my answers, but thought I would also ask. Are all the rooms basically the same? Meaning, unlike a vacation rental where the owner decorates, these are all basically a bit similar? I understand the layouts could be a bit different. Also, where are some places to rent weeks from owners? How exactly does that work? Thanks for any help you can provided. All your enthusiasm is making me very excited!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone - I've taken some time this weekend to try and research our 4th visit to DW in November. I spent the day looking at vacation rentals, and comparing them, and then, at then, I stumbled upon this thread. I think this is the place for us! It will be my DH and myself...and then we will have some extended family staying at the Westgate Vacation Villas. I think we prefer the "resort" atmosphere. I've been trying to read through the thread to get my answers, but thought I would also ask. Are all the rooms basically the same? Meaning, unlike a vacation rental where the owner decorates, these are all basically a bit similar? I understand the layouts could be a bit different. Also, where are some places to rent weeks from owners? How exactly does that work? Thanks for any help you can provided. All your enthusiasm is making me very excited!

There are 4 basic configurations of villas....1 bedroom, 1 bedroom premium, 2 bedroom, and 2 bedroom lock-off.

1 bedroom are the smallest, a reduced kitchen, and no balcony. The are the smaller side of a 2 bedroom lock-off.

1 bedroom premiums have a larger kitchen than the standard one bedroom, plus have a balcony. They are the larger side of the 2 bedroom lock-off.

Most of the standard 2 bedrooms have two doubles in the 2nd bedroom and sleep 8. The Falls units and the Courts units have 2 twins in the second bedroom versus the two doubles. But the upper Courts units have a special 2-level floor plan that make them unique within the entire resort.

The two bedroom lock-offs are a combination of the two 1-bedroom villas as listed above, with a door separating the two villas which can be opened to make one large unit.

You can check out each section's specific layout at this link:

https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.com/villa-collection/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas#floorplan-1

You can rent from owners via sites like the TUG Marketplace (Timeshare User's Group), Redweek, and My Resort Network. You could also check out Skyauction....sometimes weeks can be found even cheaper there than renting from an owner (as owner's usually have maintenance fees to cover, and Skyauction sometimes offers villas for less than an owner's yearly maintenance fee).

http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2507731?reloaded=1

I don't know exactly when in November you were planning on travelling, but check-in dates up to and including November 15th or the 27th and thereafter would be $450 base price + $125 date surcharge + $20 admin fee for a total of $595 for a two bedroom villa. That's an EXCELLENT price! Checking in the weekend of the US Thanksgiving would be an additional $300, or $895 for the week (still awesome....as owners, our annual maintenance fees on our two bedroom villas in Fountains I were $906).

Just to add a bit to what Gina wrote, the décor of all the units is very similar since the full remodel; all tasteful Sheraton browns and beiges with high end tile and granite hard surfaces. Very classy. Wasn't always the way - our own Courts unit spent a very long time stuck in the Miami Vice era... Now you can barely tell what section you are in.

Note that TUG has some excellent tips on renting from owners. Worth checking out so you know what to watch out for. The most important thing is to not pay in full until you are certain that the week is confirmed in your name (a deposit is generally required before an owner will register however). Also note that owner rentals are almost never refundable. I have been stuck with a week when a family member backed out after everything was setup; I'd do that for family (maybe) but not for a stranger...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter