• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thanks for the info...I've looked at that map but struggling to make head nor tail comparing to google map :rotfl: is it upside down when looking at this map compared to googlemap? When I google along the top of the screen, like I am stood looking out of the hotel is international drive, if I walk left I would end up round to Publix and the premium outlets, right takes me up international drive to seaworld.
So this map, is that the road that's along the bottom saying walt disney world re sport and. I-4?

As for the cleaning service, no I'm not bothered, tbh yes it's nice to get into a freshly made bed, but sometimes I don't like the disruption and sometimes feeling we need to get out so maid service can come. We may opt for once during the break and may just ask for fresh towels.

Your stay will include a mid-week towel service and tidy for no additional fee - all units come with this service.

To orient the map to what you see on Google maps, turn it about 90% CCW. North is actually on the right of the Sheraton's map. 535/S. Apopka Vineland is on the bottom of the map, but is running north/south at this point. I-4 isn't shown, but cuts across the top right corner of the resort map (behind "Fountains II" text).

Also, to help with the google satellite view, the orangey-brown roofed buildings in the crotch of I-4/535 (along Vista Way) are not a part of Vistana resort. Hope that gets you better oriented...

Its VERY close to Downtown Disney :thumbsup2 . And the outlet malls (both the Premium Outlets on Vineland and the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores), if you enjoy shopping.
Love to shop so thank you very much! I looked at the website this AM & noticed there aren't any 3 bedrooms and max occupancy is & people. If we are considering 2 bedroom, does this mean it could be any building? We want to be close to the pools, etc. if I'm expecting more people and need to get 1 & 2 bedroom units, would they easily have us close to each other? Thanks again!

Your stay will include a mid-week towel service and tidy for no additional fee - all units come with this service.

To orient the map to what you see on Google maps, turn it about 90% CCW. North is actually on the right of the Sheraton's map. 535/S. Apopka Vineland is on the bottom of the map, but is running north/south at this point. I-4 isn't shown, but cuts across the top right corner of the resort map (behind "Fountains II" text).

Also, to help with the google satellite view, the orangey-brown roofed buildings in the crotch of I-4/535 (Vista Way) are not a part of Vistana resort. Hope that gets you better oriented...

Right..I've turned them this way and that and just couldn't make them fit or work things out......I've just printed the map out and that's not where we are staying!!!
When looking at the hotels there was the VISTANA down the opposite way, sort of past LONE STAR that way, but then the other one - which when I am looking at our booking on Virgin is Sheraton vistana villages on international drive. Basically past premium outlets, past publics, turn left into international drive and then it's in the right.
Tbh the one this map refers to, I did look at but I didn't like the location as much and there was mention of timeshares in the reviews .
When I search virgin holidays this map you have linked refers to Sheratons vistana villages at lake buena vista, the one we have booked is the Sheraton vistana on international drive. Which isn't this map.

So now I'm confused.

Love to shop so thank you very much! I looked at the website this AM & noticed there aren't any 3 bedrooms and max occupancy is & people. If we are considering 2 bedroom, does this mean it could be any building? We want to be close to the pools, etc. if I'm expecting more people and need to get 1 & 2 bedroom units, would they easily have us close to each other? Thanks again!

You are correct, the largest unit at SVR is a 2BR. The pools are well spread out around the resort, so you are never far away. If you are travelling in a group, put in a Diamond Lane request to be placed nearby - be sure to quote both reservation numbers. That doesn't always mean same building; but on a recent trip we were across a parking area from DS's building (We were in a Springs 2BR, they were in a Cascades 1BR). I would imagine that if you book through Sheraton or a TA together, they will be able to get you adjoining units. If you are booking via a timeshare exchange, things can be a bit more difficult.

Right..I've turned them this way and that and just couldn't make them fit or work things out......I've just printed the map out and that's not where we are staying!!!
When looking at the hotels there was the VISTANA down the opposite way, sort of past LONE STAR that way, but then the other one - which when I am looking at our booking on Virgin is Sheraton vistana villages on international drive. Basically past premium outlets, past publics, turn left into international drive and then it's in the right.
Tbh the one this map refers to, I did look at but I didn't like the location as much and there was mention of timeshares in the reviews .
When I search virgin holidays this map you have linked refers to Sheratons vistana villages at lake buena vista, the one we have booked is the Sheraton vistana on international drive. Which isn't this map.

So now I'm confused.

Ah. Okay! Sheraton Vistana Villages is Vistana Resort's younger sister. A bit smaller, a bit newer, but still a very nice resort. We've stayed there as well. There is a thread here on DIS specific to SVV: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2854036

It is right were you indicate, a bit further down I-Drive, only a couple of miles further from the parks. Not quite as much information about it here on DIS as it is a somewhat smaller resort.

Ah. Okay! Sheraton Vistana Villages is Vistana Resort's younger sister. A bit smaller, a bit newer, but still a very nice resort. We've stayed there as well. There is a thread here on DIS specific to SVV: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2854036

It is right were you indicate, a bit further down I-Drive, only a couple of miles further from the parks. Not quite as much information about it here on DIS as it is a somewhat smaller resort.

Thanks so much. Thing is we don't drive and that's why we love the location of our usual hotel. There are shuttles to the Disney parks, but to get to Universal and seaworld, we walk up to the back of the outlets and jump on the Iride. So, the vistana put me off a little as it would mean taxis to universal and seaworld and we wouldn't have such easy access to the premium outlets as often at night after eating we will just walk up and walk back to our hotel after. So the one we have selected is ideal, it still has shuttles to the Disney parks I believe, and the I ride stops right outside for us for seaworld and universal and we are a hop skip and jump to the outlets.

Thanks so much. Thing is we don't drive and that's why we love the location of our usual hotel. There are shuttles to the Disney parks, but to get to Universal and seaworld, we walk up to the back of the outlets and jump on the Iride. So, the vistana put me off a little as it would mean taxis to universal and seaworld and we wouldn't have such easy access to the premium outlets as often at night after eating we will just walk up and walk back to our hotel after. So the one we have selected is ideal, it still has shuttles to the Disney parks I believe, and the I ride stops right outside for us for seaworld and universal and we are a hop skip and jump to the outlets.

Well I would do a quick check on the I-Drive site to see where the nearest stop is. It does run right by SVV. Access to SW is very good from SVV (just a few minutes down the road). And yes, as the kids get older USO/IOA gets to be a pretty big draw, so this should be a good move!

Just wondering......has anyone stayed in a top floor Lakes unit?

I am trying to find out of the uppermost floors in those buildings have skylights in the units, like the Fountains villas do. :scratchin

Just wondering......has anyone stayed in a top floor Lakes unit?

I am trying to find out of the uppermost floors in those buildings have skylights in the units, like the Fountains villas do. :scratchin

Haven't stayed in one, but a quick zoom in on google maps shows skylights on the rooftops. I count anywhere from 3 to 6 depending on the building. Considering the lockoffs, I don't expect that every 1BR unit will have one, but 2BR configurations should.

Haven't stayed in one, but a quick zoom in on google maps shows skylights on the rooftops. I count anywhere from 3 to 6 depending on the building. Considering the lockoffs, I don't expect that every 1BR unit will have one, but 2BR configurations should.

Well, aren't you tech savvy! (and clever :thumbsup2).

Google Maps....never thought to check there :headache: .

Thanks for that info....as always, you rock! ::yes:: (especially when you come back with the answer I was hoping for! ;))

We just returned from our first stay at SVR and we had a fantastic time! The resort itself is gorgeous, we loved the pools and our villa was lovely. We had a 2 bed/2 bath in the Fountains. We were connected to the owner we rented from through a friend who plans to rent from that owner next year, so we are wondering where's the best place to look for a similar rental? Redweek, VRBO, other options? Thanks!

We just returned from our first stay at SVR and we had a fantastic time! The resort itself is gorgeous, we loved the pools and our villa was lovely. We had a 2 bed/2 bath in the Fountains. We were connected to the owner we rented from through a friend who plans to rent from that owner next year, so we are wondering where's the best place to look for a similar rental? Redweek, VRBO, other options? Thanks!

The only other suggestion I have would be Timeshare Users Group (www.tug2.net) on the Rentals board. These are direct listings from timeshare owners as well.

The only other suggestion I have would be Timeshare Users Group (www.tug2.net) on the Rentals board. These are direct listings from timeshare owners as well.

My Resort Network is another place to try. Its where we found the listings for our two units (to purchase), but I know there is a section for rentals as well.

Hello all,

This coming May will be my first time staying at SVR. I truly appreciate all of the information provided via this thread.

A good friend of mine "gifted" me a 1 bedroom villa with full kitchen via II. We will be checking in on a Saturday. It is my understanding that we will be placed in either Cascades or Lakes Section.

I was looking at a link provided earlier (https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.com/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas/#floorplan-1) and noticed there were variations in the 1 Bedroom villas. Some were more spacious with whirlpools (premium villas)...some were smaller. How are these assigned/differentiated during check-in? Are the 1 Bdr premium villas an additional cost? Or, can they be requested prior to check in?

Thanks!

Hello all,

This coming May will be my first time staying at SVR. I truly appreciate all of the information provided via this thread.

A good friend of mine "gifted" me a 1 bedroom villa with full kitchen via II. We will be checking in on a Saturday. It is my understanding that we will be placed in either Cascades or Lakes Section.

I was looking at a link provided earlier (https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork.com/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas/#floorplan-1) and noticed there were variations in the 1 Bedroom villas. Some were more spacious with whirlpools (premium villas)...some were smaller. How are these assigned/differentiated during check-in? Are the 1 Bdr premium villas an additional cost? Or, can they be requested prior to check in?

Thanks!

Hi Miss CJ,

I can't speak for II as we trade on RCI, but a couple of comments. Within RCI there is no way of telling what size unit you will be assigned in a 1BR; Vistana descriptions are kept generic enough that they can now describe ANY one BR. They won't indicate if you have a balcony, and they all indicate partial kitchen, but the majority of units have full kitchen and a balcony.

The only suggestion I have for II is to pay attention to the unit description carefully to see what is included; it should match the unit you are assigned. For instance the smallest units do not have a screened balcony/porch, so if your description says you have one, then you aren't in one of the smallest units. You could try putting a request in for a unit with a screened porch/balcony and an oven; might not guarantee you a premium unit, but it would cut out a lot of the smaller units.

We received our HOA spring newsletter for the Vistana Resort today, and there were a couple of updates worth noting here.

Copied and pasted from the newsletter:

• Upon check-in to the resort, you will now receive towel cards for each
occupant in your villa. The program lets you exchange your card for a
towel during distribution hours at the Main Activity Center along with the
Fountains, Spas and Cascades pool areas.

• Effective March 1, 2014, there is a new package handling procedure that
includes a small fee for all parcels received. Please call 407 239 3100
for assistance.

Yes, I bought from magicalholidays on eBay almost two years ago. It was a 7-night stay in a 2-bedroom at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. It was the first time I bought anything on eBay and I was a little worried I would drive all the way to Florida only to be turned away at the resort, but the seller is indeed legit. I had no problems at all. I got a last-minute deal - I bought it on a Wednesday for a stay that started on Friday. Magicalholidays accepted my "best offer" price. I had a wonderful time!

In magicalholidays' listing it said I would be in the Fountains section of the resort. However, when I got there and registered they put me in Springs. That was fine with me - I had never stayed there before and didn't really know one section from another. I asked for the top floor and they gave it to me. The unit was great. No complaints!

I have since bought two other vacation stays at Wyndham Bonnet Creek from two different sellers on eBay and also had no problems.

Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions.

pak

Thank you so much for updating this thread and for all the wonderful information! I am a huge planner so I am trying to get as much info as possible for our trip for ringing in in 2015 Disney Style!! We have never stayed at SVR before so this is really helpful.

I do a have a couple questions:

1 - For those that have stayed here before, what is the best way for an owner (we traded through RCI) to get to and from WDW? We don't want to do the shuttles, but are bouncing between rental car and cabs as there is 7 of us:worried: (4 adults, 3 kids age 5, 7, 9)

2 - What is a Diamond Lane Request? (Sorry for my ignorance on this)

Thank you so much for updating this thread and for all the wonderful information! I am a huge planner so I am trying to get as much info as possible for our trip for ringing in in 2015 Disney Style!! We have never stayed at SVR before so this is really helpful. I do a have a couple questions: 1 - For those that have stayed here before, what is the best way for an owner (we traded through RCI) to get to and from WDW? We don't want to do the shuttles, but are bouncing between rental car and cabs as there is 7 of us:worried: (4 adults, 3 kids age 5, 7, 9) 2 - What is a Diamond Lane Request? (Sorry for my ignorance on this)

Hi! You are gonna love the Vistana!!! To answer your questions, we usually rent a car. You come and go when you want and go where you want. We love that we're not stuck just eating at the resort. We even enjoy going food shopping since we have a full kitchen. We get tons of snacks, ice cream, cereal, etc. As far as Diamond Lane, it's like an early check in form. On it you fill out your information, as well as any requests you might have (such as room location.) when you arrive to check in, there is a designated line just for Diamond Lane, which is supposed to be faster, however the last two times we went, there was a line for Diamond lane and no line for the regular check in area!! lol Have a great trip! You'll be back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter