The Seven Dwarfs Mugged Us! A September 2020 TR **Updated 2/20

*I apologize in advance for going back and forth between past and present tense. I’m not sure why I did that but I’m too lazy to fix it now. It’s also pretty wordy but I have lotsa pictures at the end!

I really wanted to get the pumpkin milkshake so we got that then went to Tomorrowland Terrace where there is another relaxation station. We sat there for a bit and I enjoyed my milkshake and the weather was clearing up. All the outside rides were of course down and we checked the wait times and everything else had a super long line. So I had the great idea to go get in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train so we could hopefully not have a long wait when the ride came back up. The wait had been well over an hour for the whole day. The line was back to the Teacups but that’s with social distancing and people not being let into the line. It was 4:35 at this time and within a few minutes of getting in line they started testing it. By 4:40 we saw trains going with people on it. We were getting on the ride at 4:55 so we were happy with that!

After the ride we took a quick bathroom break and we were going to go to Pirates. The park was only open until 6 so we had less than an hour left. Every time we were thinking about what we wanted to do through the day, Donnie mentioned Pirates but the wait time was always longer than we wanted to wait so finally I was like okay let’s just do it! We started leaving Fantasyland and Donnie goes “I don’t have my wallet.” Now he is usually very careful and always pats his pockets to make sure he has everything. And if he ever “loses” something it’s because he put it somewhere he doesn’t normally. He checked all his pockets and the backpack and it wasn’t there. He has (had) one of those aluminum RFID blocking wallets and the material is slippery. So we ran back to SDMT and tell them what row we were on and that he lost his wallet. They call to the loading area and said they will check and call back in a bit. I waited there and Donnie went to the bench he was waiting on while I went to the bathroom and it wasn’t there. We were trying to remember the last time we knew he had it. He went back to Auntie Gravity’s where I got my shake and the relaxation station (which was closed) but he couldn’t find it. I was holding onto his phone in my small cross body bag and the CM at SDMT got a call saying they didn’t find it so I stayed there for a minute since I couldn’t text him since I had his phone. I started to leave to walk towards Tomorrowland and then I worry that he was going a different way so then we couldn’t find each other. By this time it’s raining again so I am waiting at SDMT looking for his umbrella in the crowd. I finally see him and he shakes his head no. Our stomachs dropped.

He carries everything in his wallet so I don’t carry my checkbook. So my debit card was in there (his chip hasn’t been working so he carries mine), his credit card, both of our drivers licenses, our Disney Visa rewards card, our Target debit card, an unused $25 Disney gift card, a few random reward cards, and his insurance cards. We go up to guest relations and report it. They go to the back to see if it was turned in. They come back empty handed and give us a QR code to report it lost online. We go outside and I texted my mom and she’s like you need to cancel all your cards right now! I still have my credit card in the room but it’s the same account so if we cancel Donnies then mine is cancelled too and then we have no money. My mom is old school and says I can write a check to myself and go to a bank to cash it. Yea that’s great except we don’t have our ids! Our own bank won’t cash a check without our id, some random bank isn’t going to do that. So I called our bank to report the debit card lost first since we didn’t have an extra. I called Target to report that card (if you ever lose your Target card, press 0 a whole bunch of times in the automated system to get to a person because it makes you enter your card number first!)

The first CM at guest relations told us to keep checking. We were pretty sure it had to have fallen out of his pocket on the ride and a CM told us when they walk the track after park close if they can safely get to it, they will and turn it in. If they can see it but can’t get it, it stays there until the ride goes down for refurbishment. So while we were calling the couple places I realized that guest relations should be able to help with our Disney rewards card so we go back in and they say no they can’t help. We go back out and I get to googling. They most definitely can help- I go back in and they hand me a new rewards card and I call to cancel the old one and transfer the balance. Luckily no one has used it yet since it’s basically a gift card and it had a decent amount on it. We really have nothing better to do so we go to the Emporium to drown our sorrows in shopping since we at least now have the rewards card. It was like 6:50 at this point and the park closed at 6:00. I felt bad but there was still a ton of people there.

We looked around but only bought some Halloween face masks because we heard they were better than the original masks. They are better but still too small for my fat head apparently. Around 7:15 we go back to guest relations for the 4th time and the guy remembers us but verifies our name. He goes to the back and comes back out with something in his hand but definitely not a wallet. He says “here is what they were able to recover” and hands Donnie a stack of 4 cards. The cards are wet and like stuck together so we go through them and it was two insurance cards, the Target card that’s already been cancelled, and a reward card (Not the Disney one) Obviously we were upset that it wasn’t any of the important things but at least we knew the wallet was just on the track and someone didn’t pick it up!! Now I wouldn’t have to worry about canceling my card and having no money. The worst of it would be having no id but we don’t drink and don’t have an AP so really didn’t need them anyways (except, ya know, driving home) We were so relieved and the CM said if you guys want to hang out still you can. It was well after 7 and the park closed at 6. I said I don’t wanna hold anyone up and he said Liberty Tree Tavern and Cinderella’s Royal Table were still seating guests so they would be there a while. He took my number to call us if they got anything else.

We decided to hang out on a pretty empty Main Street and get some pictures. We didn’t get a call but we still made a 5th stop to guest relations and they couldn’t find anything else. They said if anything else was found they would take it to Disney Springs lost and found and since I filled out a report I would get an email. **I got an email a little over a week later (one day after we got new IDs) that they got the wallet and I could have it mailed back. They even sent a tracking number when it was shipped. I got a call, too, about the debit card because they couldn’t mail that. I told them to shred it because we already ordered new debit cards by that time. We still didn’t know what would actually be in the wallet, but when it came in the mail the cards were still wet! It actually smelled like hose water (you know the smell!) so I’m guessing the wallet was on the tracks for at least a few days because I know they spray everything down daily. Soooo at the time it was the worst thing that could ever happen but looking back, it wasn’t that bad. And made for a good story! Here’s our empty Main Street photo shoot, in no particular order.

So after that rollercoaster of emotions we headed out of the park. It was 8:00 when we got to the bus stop, a full two hours after the park closed! It didn’t go as planned but we still had a fun day at Magic Kingdom. (MK had a way shorter waits the next two days so we obviously picked the wrong day!)

We stopped in the gift shop to look for a wallet so Donnie could carry my credit card and the reward card but they didn’t have anything. We got back to the room and I was in the shower when he yelled into me asking if I knew where the umbrellas were! Ughhh we lost those too! And I really liked those umbrellas. They weren’t expensive or anything but they were perfect for what we used them for. We watched some YouTube and blow dried our shoes since they were still soaking wet and went to bed.

I forgot I had this timeline when I typed up the report. **We got home 10/1, I got a new debit card at the bank 10/2, I called Target again to get a new card since the old one that we got back was cancelled on 10/2, we went to the DMV and stood in line to get new IDs and paid $50+ on 10/5, Donnie got a new debit card on 10/5, and I cancelled both of our credit cards and requested new ones on 10/5. I got an email from Disney that our lost item was found on 10/6...**

What a bummer and dreadful feeling, I am glad it all worked out in the end!
I lost my IPhone on Dinosaur a few trips back and I panicked! Thank goodness it was there and I got it back right away.
Always cool to be in an empty park, so that was plus!

Joining in!

I love the purple hair!

Sounds like a fun day at MK but oh my goodness how terrible about the wallet! I'm sure it was stressful :( But I'm glad it didn't end up being stolen or that you had to worry about the cards being used.

I love all the nighttime photos- so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter