The Random Voyage of The Dawn Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of any problems we've had before, we should be fine ^_^

Oh, Edward... how can one guy be such a fail and yet look so good doing it? :lovestruc

Isn't there controversy surrounding, like, EVERY Disney movie? People will always find something to complain about :sad2:
Possibly. The one around the Lion King, however, is the claims that they stole the plot and character designs from a Japanese animated film called "Kimba: The White Lion"

Now, if anyone has ever watched a Pokemon VHS (I can't have been the only one) at the end there was a trailer for Kimba. I have to say, it does seem awfully similar. The Scar characters (IIRC) are nearly identical.

I guess they just don't like things getting changed around. Personally, I think it can be for the better sometimes. The originals of Hunchback and Mermaid are INCREDIBLY depressing.

Well, if Disney makes a film about it, it will usually expand its fan base. I didn't read the actual Hunchback book until I saw the Disney movie. The book is very depressing, but I see why it's a classic.

The book is WONDERFUL (I love the bit where Claude tells Esmeralda he loves her especially, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever read), but Disney does make those sorts of classics more accessible to a wider audience. That's never a bad thing

I guess they just don't like things getting changed around. Personally, I think it can be for the better sometimes. The originals of Hunchback and Mermaid are INCREDIBLY depressing.

Well, if Disney makes a film about it, it will usually expand its fan base. I didn't read the actual Hunchback book until I saw the Disney movie. The book is very depressing, but I see why it's a classic.

I much prefer the films to the originals. The fairy tales are DEPRESSING.

I did try reading Hunchback but I couldn't get past the first chapter. There was far too much description of Notre Dame. I guess that has to do with the fact that Victor Hugo said that Notre Dame was the actual protagonist of the novel.

I love the book, and I skip around when he starts blathering on about the cathedral. Love the characters, love the story, but Hugo, will you get ON with it? I think he was being paid by the word, honestly, so he made everything center around the cathedral to get more description out of it.

I love the book, and I skip around when he starts blathering on about the cathedral. Love the characters, love the story, but Hugo, will you get ON with it? I think he was being paid by the word, honestly, so he made everything center around the cathedral to get more description out of it.

I might try reading it again. I remember I did skip to the end to find out what happens. Damn that was depressing.

It's even more depressing if you read the whole thing to find out how it happens. Esme brought all that on herself (Disney made her awesome, but her book personality is so stupid it makes me want to reach in there and throttle her)

It's even more depressing if you read the whole thing to find out how it happens. Esme brought all that on herself (Disney made her awesome, but her book personality is so stupid it makes me want to reach in there and throttle her)

I do remember reading that the whole reason she died was because she couldn't keep her stupid mouth shout and called out to Phoebus while hiding. What an idiot.

Indeed, indeed. And I really pity Frollo in the book, not only did his life suck, but he wanted so badly to save her. (For those of you who think I'm nuts, he's a LOT more sympathetic in the book.)

Indeed, indeed. And I really pity Frollo in the book, not only did his life suck, but he wanted so badly to save her. (For those of you who think I'm nuts, he's a LOT more sympathetic in the book.)
He is more sympathetic.

Hmm...maybe I did read more then just the end. It was a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter