The Radisson Resort Hotel - Celebration

My2Angels

Mickey Moms Club member
Ok, I have never been so brave as to bid/buy on Hotwire, but it was the only way we were getting to Disney this summer. Anyway, now I am scared......I got a pretty good deal of $57/night on Hotwire for the Radisson Resort Hotel - Celebration. Has anyone stayed here recently? Can you please give me some reviews? TIA

Ok, I have never been so brave as to bid/buy on Hotwire, but it was the only way we were getting to Disney this summer. Anyway, now I am scared......I got a pretty good deal of $57/night on Hotwire for the Radisson Resort Hotel - Celebration. Has anyone stayed here recently? Can you please give me some reviews? TIA

We are staying there for 2 nights in April. Mousesavers has it listed as one of her prefered hotels and she has a review. :)

I'd love to know what the place is like too...also when you bid on it what was it's anonymous listing called?

I bid on Hotwire. It listed as a 3.5 star for $57/night. I thought it was a great rate!

The big building looks nice. From this board I read they don't give you the newer rooms when you book priceline (which we did), they say 4000s don't exist? to us who use priceline.? There was a car in almost every parking space where we were located that night. Seemed save enough.
Now I also read they charge two $5 charges, which you can not get out of, they did charge us that. I just had them charge it to my charge card and in the AM I did not have to go to the front desk. We just drove away.
Now the rooms are in clusters of small buildings- they are older. It smelled of ??? not moldy just maybe unused, it wasn't terrible just something. Flooring, beds, bathroom were clean. We arrived around 12:30AM jumped into bed. Took showers in AM and was outta there. Also I read from the dis that there are not comforters on the bed, that was true, so I knew before hand to ask for them at check in, which I did and they handed me two sheets, which is what I wanted.
It was fine for one night and if I needed to do two I could live with it, but I would not be hanging out in my room. After this hotel we checked into the Nick for 3 nites, then Boardwalk villas at disney. Next time, if I need a room for a late arrival, I'm going to wait for Comfort Inn from travelzoo-there was an offer for $32 with breakfast.

We stayed there about 5 years ago so the place may have changed somewhat, but the pools were just as nice as described in the Mousesavers description. I also remember having a Marble tub and shower. We were only there for 3 nights but it was a good alternative to a WDW hotel if money is an object.

We stayed there last year the week before Easter. We had a mixed experience. We had 2 connecting rooms, one was fine - the other had a strange smell. We were in a great building, close to the pool and restaurant. It was a bit of a walk to the main building, but not bad. We had a car so did not use their shuttle bus. The pools were nice but the water was cold, especially in March. The other thing that was odd - they advertised free breakfast buffet for the kids - but charged $5.99 for the kids beverages.....so it was not really free. The buffet was delicious though. We did have dinner there and it was just ok.

I think the rate you got is awesome, and I would stay there again - but if I had a room that smelled I would ask to be moved.

We stayed there last May for one night before checking into AKV and we really liked it. My dd has asthma and the mgr made sure we had one of the newly rehabbed rooms. (Don't remember the number.)

Stayed there on April 14th for $40. PL. We were in 2000 building, it was fine.

We will be staying there next month, but only for one night. We also got the room through Hotwire.com. I think we paid $51 a night though.

Anyone else stayed there recently?

We got it through Priceline for $40, will be there for 8 nights. I heard they have hidden fees, something like $11/day of resort fees??? Let me know when you come back if you got charged, or if you were able to get out of it. Not sure if it's $11/day per person or just per room or per adult...

I heard they have nice pools (from other review sites) and the comment was consistent. In terms of rooms, I have heard very bad stories, also very consistent. Service seems to be another issue, so keep your expectation LOW LOW LOW to avoid disappointment and ruining the trip.

Stayed here 4 nights the past week. Our room was on the 6th floor, it overlooked the heated pool. It was clean, the carpet however was pulling away from the edges of the walls/doorways. The a/c was very noisy, this is always a problem for me, at night I cannot sleep!

Lots of activities for all by the pool. We did not eat in the restaurant, we tried to get a Pizza Hut pizza one night about 10, and they had sold out for the evening in the deli.

There is the $11 resort fee, to cover the parking (self-parking...), internet, etc.

I truly had low expectations for the hotel from reviews and was pleasantly surprised. They have a large checkers and chess board out by the pool, basketball, ping pong, etc. Also they have a kiddie pool for the tots.

I would stay here again, it was close to everything, we went back by 535 where we are more familiar with the area to eat a few times. There was a nice grocery store down the road (have to have soymilk for my little guy).

In the evening the big pool had a lot of adults sitting around drinking, and lots of teens in the pool. We took the kids over to the heated pool as it was quieter, and we have small kids and i wanted them away from the teens and their horseplay in the water. The pools were open til 11, but at 2:30 I got up to adjust the air and people were still out there. I don't know how any of the other rooms were in the other buildings, and ours was right by the elevator so truly I did not even walk past any others to peek in what they were like.

I'd visit here again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter