The pool seating situation is not for the weak!

When we were there in September, we only noticed CMs patrolling chairs once. However, as I mentioned earlier, chairs were relatively easy to come by on the week days and only noticeably more difficult on the weekends due to locals and long weekend travelers. When we got our wristbands one morning, we did see the CMs in the hut explaining to guests about the towel folding/one hour thing and they had a photo to show them exactly how it would look and what would happen. I thought actually explaining it to each guest who came by that morning was a good practice because then everyone was aware before they picked out their chairs for the day.

I like the way they do it at the Marriott Ko Olina (we own there and go at least every other year). They come by, and if your stuff is on a chair without you, they put a big sticker with the time they came by on it. If after an hour, it's still there, they remove your things and it goes to the towel shack. That way, they have proof how long it was sitting there.

Still, at the Marriott, we rarely have problems finding a chair in the afternoon. It's much less crowded to me (I've walked around Aulani, and I can see how many more chairs are so close together).

I don't think it's necessary to go down and hold multiple chairs. We only need one or two for the four of us. I like to read in the shade and let the kids swim, so they don't need a chair for much time!

Seems travelers make aulani a big part of the reason they booked there. Explained as people book aulani to use the amenities that it offers and stay on site more. At marriott next door, some stay to lounge on site but a lot of marriott guests leave the resort daily to do other attractions. While at aulani they stay at the resort to use the facilities making it more crowded than its neighbor two lagoons down.

Seems travelers make aulani a big part of the reason they booked there. Explained as people book aulani to use the amenities that it offers and stay on site more. At marriott next door, some stay to lounge on site but a lot of marriott guests leave the resort daily to do other attractions. While at aulani they stay at the resort to use the facilities making it more crowded than its neighbor two lagoons down.

I don't think either guests leave the resort any more often. My friends that own DVC went to Aulani for 2 weeks a couple years ago, and they left daily for sightseeing. Conversely, my in-laws came with us a couple years ago, and while we left a couple times at most, they never left the resort!

The layout is just different; the Marriott is much more spread out.

We typically leave about every other day, but most days it's to shop for supplies! I lived on Oahu, so just know where I want to go for lunch or a few little things like taking the kids to horseback ride or such.

Aulani is built on a smaller parcel of land compared to marriott.
Staying at aulani you see a whole lot more people using the pools and facilities than at marriott next door during the day and at night.
From my observations i saw the same people at aulani day after day more often than at marriott next door. Nothing scientific just from my experience.

Hi, this a picture of the Infinity Pool. the adult pool is to the right and back of this pool. The chair situation is as bad as everyone claims. We stayed at Aulani for four days last summer and easily found chairs at the adults pool. Only problem, our 12 yo couldn't stay with us or even eat his lunch on one of our chairs! The space is closely monitored and the rules were made clear to us by the staff. We made the best of it and he checked in with us throughout the day. We won't go back to Aulani. I think part of the problem is that the Aulani pool area is the main attraction and that's where everyone wants to be.
Those of us who travel to WDW regularly are used to plenty of pool chairs at the resorts. There is much to do in WDW and most folks are at the parks during the day leaving an abundance of available chairs. Unfortunately, this isn't the case at Aulani.

What is the age restrictions for the adult pool? My kids (they will always be my kids no matter the age!) are moving up and I was wondering for my daughter...15 while on the trip

Hi, this a picture of the Infinity Pool. the adult pool is to the right and back of this pool. The chair situation is as bad as everyone claims. We stayed at Aulani for four days last summer and easily found chairs at the adults pool. Only problem, our 12 yo couldn't stay with us or even eat his lunch on one of our chairs! The space is closely monitored and the rules were made clear to us by the staff. We made the best of it and he checked in with us throughout the day. We won't go back to Aulani. I think part of the problem is that the Aulani pool area is the main attraction and that's where everyone wants to be.
Those of us who travel to WDW regularly are used to plenty of pool chairs at the resorts. There is much to do in WDW and most folks are at the parks during the day leaving an abundance of available chairs. Unfortunately, this isn't the case at Aulani.
Kinda defeats the purpose of an adults only pool though if kids are allowed. Even if that is the only chairs you could find still doesn't make it Aulani's fault that you're upset that your 12 year old wasn't allowed to be in an area designed for adults.

What is the age restrictions for the adult pool? My kids (they will always be my kids no matter the age!) are moving up and I was wondering for my daughter...15 while on the trip
Just a quick search on Aulani's website reflects at least Wailana Pool is 18 and up. My guess is adults only pools would be 18 and up but you would want to check the website for more details as I didn't go through each of the adults only pool/spa to verify that.

They DO NOT want kids at the adult pool. No matter what. I'm glad they monitor it. People sitting there go there for a reason..... no kids around. Period.
Even your well behaved just want to sit here for a minute kids.

Plus, it's a pretty crappy pool in my opinion. It has zero appeal to me. It looks like an after thought. I'm glad it's there for those who want/need a quieter, kid-free area, but it's nothing special.

From everything I'm reading, it seems easier to find chairs down at the lagoon. Would you experienced Aulani people agree with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter