The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Planning to sell other resort points, so our number of direct points is lower. Still grandfathered in. However, we want enough points to be able to stay at the newer restricted resorts.

We may be wrong, but DW and I expect another restricted Epcot area resort to open before 2032. At than time BCV/BWV will have roughly 10 years remaining and those owners will likely use or renting their points before 7 months. That will make direct points all the more important for RIV (7 months) and any future restricted Epcot resort. Hard to believe 2030 will only be 6 years away in less than 3 weeks.
This is an interesting perspective. I agree BCV and BWV will get harder and harder to book at, because the majority of those points will be held by people (like me) who just bought and plan to use them at BCV until the bitter end, or by the larger broker/rental companies that realize they can buy them today around $120 and rent them at/above $25/pt for the next 18 years. If you are very flexible you can probably still sneak in, but will be hard to get peak times and long stays at 7mo.

I'm less confident that another project is completed by 2032, but I would imagine one will be announced and started. The rumors about the resort at the front gate of the park are interesting-- would be especially appealing in that it's steps to the thrill rides at EPCOT and also a fairly easy monorail ride to MK.

I already own at BCV and have 200 direct Aulani points I can't imagine selling anytime soon (in part because I'm still in denial about the delta between direct purchase and resale, lol), so these possibilities don't impact my plans, but if you love EPCOT and want to stay near EPCOT, and don't own BCV/BWV, I agree that direct points may be much more valuable.

Unfortunately, DW and I are going to need to add-on PVB2 direct.

Planning to sell other resort points, so our number of direct points is lower. Still grandfathered in. However, we want enough points to be able to stay at the newer restricted resorts.

We may be wrong, but DW and I expect another restricted Epcot area resort to open before 2032. At than time BCV/BWV will have roughly 10 years remaining and those owners will likely use or renting their points before 7 months. That will make direct points all the more important for RIV (7 months) and any future restricted Epcot resort. Hard to believe 2030 will only be 6 years away in less than 3 weeks.
I really don’t want to think about the last sentence you said 😭. That’s fair, maybe potentially they build DVC at Yacht Club finally in which case I would definitely drop AKL and buy some more points near Epcot. Epcot at the end of the day is our favorite and walking distance with a long contract would be the one for us. We’re still very glad to own RIV just because we love the rooms but I would not be able to pass up YC.

We also want to make sure we have a healthy amount of direct points, I wonder if preventing resale points from being used at the resort while forcing resale home resort points to be kept in the resort so to speak balances out demand.

With it being part of the same association, does anybody feel the need to buy less points there now since we can use resale points? I originally was thinking 300, but now thinking 200-250 and then using some of that money to buy me a nice little 100-150 point Grand Cal contract sooner than I anticipated. 200 should get at least 3 nights in a 2BR hopefully a year, maybe have to borrow here and there but we have 300+ RIV points to supplement the rest of the trip since overall we'd prefer being near Epcot. But it being same association has given me more options to consider 🤔

This is still assuming that Poly2 will be part of the same association as Poly. We haven't heard anything officially. We heard a statement which was very vague. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a new association. But hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm not sure that is accurate, my guide reached out that it is the same association and he would be in touch once more sale information and points charts are announced.

That being said, stranger things have happened.....

Just sharing, I did get a response from DVC…and it was from MS but they refused to confirm what Chang said or that they could answer any of my questions regarding the tower

Followed up I want my message sent higher but as of today, they are still playing games with the news.

Just sharing, I did get a response from DVC…and it was from MS but they refused to confirm what Chang said or that they could answer any of my questions regarding the tower

Followed up I want my message sent higher but as of today, they are still playing games with the news.
Interesting that MS still won't comment. Thanks for the follow-up.

Interesting that MS still won't comment. Thanks for the follow-up.

Yeah. They said “we have no response for any of your questions”.

I don’t get it. They didn’t have any issue putting out offical statements for VGF or in promoting the cabins.

It makes me even more convinced they are okay with, and I dare say, even want people to still have doubts.

Yeah. They said “we have no response for any of your questions”.

I don’t get it. They didn’t have any issue putting out offical statements for VGF or in promoting the cabins.

It makes me even more convinced they are okay with, and I dare say, even want people to still have doubts.

Wasn't Chapek in charge of Disney during the entire VGF2 process?
Personally, I consider Iger a far wiser businessman.

Wasn't Chapek in charge of Disney during the entire VGF2 process?
Personally, I consider Iger a far wiser businessman.

Yes, but doesn’t explain they are having no issue discussing the new cabins and such.

The point is that we know it was said, it’s being reported as a done deal, and yet they are still not willing to answer my questions, as an owner who wasn’t there.

That is an issue for me…especially since they only publish a recap of the part of the meeting related to budgets.

Yes, but doesn’t explain they are having no issue discussing the new cabins and such.

The point is that we know it was said, it’s being reported as a done deal, and yet they are still not willing to answer my questions, as an owner who wasn’t there.

That is an issue for me…especially since they only publish a recap of the part of the meeting related to budgets.

New cabins are not at an existing resort. There is no ROFR for them to deal with.

Again, there is zero benefit for Disney to go further right now. Disney has to avoid a number of legal traps (which Chapek was clearly not smart enough to).

New cabins are not at an existing resort. There is no ROFR for them to deal with.

Again, there is zero benefit for Disney to go further right now. Disney has to avoid a number of legal traps (which Chapek was clearly not smart enough to).

They didn’t have an issue when the treehouses were added to SSR and Iger is in charge. There was no debate. And not sure what RofR has to do with the decision

I just disagree that this isn’t them playing games when the reporting is it’s been decided bareibg unforeseen consequences that exist with every other project.

When treehouses were added there weren’t the resale restrictions so maybe less of an issue. But yes it’s 10000% annoying they can’t comment on what was asked and answered as part of the official HOA meeting.

Resale restrictions don’t play a role if it’s the same association, so not sure how that matters

And, if there are legal issues, then they should have said “we can’t comment” when asked which is basically the answer I am now getting from them.

Just wanted other to know it’s still being treated by DVC as an unknown.

The lack of communication makes a ton of sense to me--they don't want people to make decisions based on information that isn't finalized. Honestly, the only real surprising thing to me is that they said anything at the HOA meeting in the first place. If I was a Disney exec reading this thread it would make me even less willing to speak on the record.

"Back in May, we shared “Five Speculative Reasons the Polynesian Tower Could Join the Existing Association” and we’re thrilled to see our thoughts panned out. The attendees at this year’s condo association meeting also shared our excitement, greeting the news with cheers and applause." -DVC Fan

"During a public question and answer session at the 2023 Condominium Association meeting, Disney Vacation Clubboard member Yvonne Chang confirmed that the new tower will be part of the existing association. All current owners of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will have 11 month booking rights in the new tower, along with combined annual dues and the 2066 ownership end date for all owners." TIM KRASNIEWSKI - DVC News

Unless you're into conspiracy theories, seems like it's done deal. I don't understand that hesitancy to believe the reports of people that were at the meeting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter