The patch for seasickness

Kitster said:
Whatever :confused3 As a pharmacy tech, I can tell you that the delivery system of the patch isn't meant to work properly when cut, since it is a controlled release system. If you get benefit from cutting it in half, great. But you might want to ask your pharmacist about your methods the next time you pick up a prescription or ask your doctor the next time he writes the prescription. :rolleyes1

No need, it works for me and that is what matters. It was actually suggested to me by a friend who cuts them in half too.

They've worked for years that way so I appreciate your suggestion but I'll just keep doing it this way until it stops working. :)

My family of 4 all used the trans patches. All 4 of us had blurred vision, dizziness, dry mouth etc. My youngest also awoke the second night and had hallucinations- seeing things on the walls, etc. We all took off the patches immediately but it took another 2-3 days before we could read our menus- or anything else. (Also, none of us had any problems with sea sickness after removing the patches)

OP: I suffer with horrible motion sickness...I went to my MD and got the PATCH. I also stocked up...ginger tabs, ginger oil (for behind your ears) ginger gum, bonine, dramamine, meclizine tabs, sea bands, and the Relief Explorer Band...I decided to start out with the Relief Band first...and I figured if things got worse for me I would advance up to something else......

WELL GUESS WHAT..by the time the Sailaway Party was over I was taking the Relief Band OFF...yup...

I was in complete shock as I needed NOTHING!!! You just might not need anything at all.... :thumbsup2

:boat: On our one and only cruise, DM and I used the patch and the only problem we encountered is that when the 9 night cruise was over and we removed the patches, we both experienced a sense of "woozie-ness" or kind-of as if the ground was moving like the ship. Don't know if this was from the patch or if this is normal when returning from a cruise as this was the first cruise for both of us.

I do not normally use anything because I have not been sick before. In April DH for the first time was seasick. We have been on several cruises and this had never happened to him before. He used a patch a friend gave him and it started working about an hour later. He did not have any side effects that I know of. We knew what the side effects could be since my friend is the one that gave him the patch. My friend actually used them for years without any side effects until 2 cruises ago. She had the blurred vision and the dry mouth. Now when she uses it she just has the dry mouth.

I guess what I am trying to say is I think at any time you can become seasick and at any time you can have a different reaction to medicine. I know now I am more likely to think of taking some meds with me in case if I get motion sickness.

My DH uses them for every cruise. He use to have the blurred vision problems. We now cover the patch with a round band-aid because he would always touch the patch. No more blurred vision... :banana:

Surroundedbyboys said:
My family of 4 all used the trans patches. All 4 of us had blurred vision, dizziness, dry mouth etc. My youngest also awoke the second night and had hallucinations- seeing things on the walls, etc. We all took off the patches immediately but it took another 2-3 days before we could read our menus- or anything else. (Also, none of us had any problems with sea sickness after removing the patches)

Does the patch come in different strength prescriptions according to one's weight? Im thinking, what may work well for a full size adult may be too strong for a smaller adult or kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter