The pang of jealousy...

I have to say that I'm the same way. It was brutal sitting in the lobby waiting to check out and watching all of the DME buses come in a unload happy vacationers! I must admit, when I arrive on the first day I usually think to myself "I'll be wishing its this moment!".

Gosh, leaving Disney stinks. :sad1:

When we arrive at MCO to begin our trip, I always feel bad for all the people leaving - you can always pick out the ones leaving Disney because they are carrying Disney World bags and wearing new Disney hats, shirts and carrying Mickey, Pooh, etc. It seems like in no time at all we're the ones back at the airport with the Disney souvenirs, heading home again. I think that is when it really hits me, when I am the one back at MCO with my Disney shopping bags with a new Mickey tucked under my arm, waiting to board the plane home. :sad1:
I also seem to notice near the end of my trip the people on the buses saying things like "oh, we just got here yesterday, we're staying two weeks". That makes me sad :sad2:

Ok, I'm in tears just thinking about when I left last month. I have been having Disney anxiety BAD and I just don't know how I'm going to wait at least 2 years to go back. The ME ride back to the airport is the worst. I keep my sunglasses on the entire time because I cry like a baby. I was just composing myself this year when the video came on and they started with "M.I.C ..." and I lost it.

I NEED ANOTHER TRIP!!

There is nothing quite like the feeling of walking in the lobby preparing to check in at Disney. I don't begrudge those who are coming in as our trip is winding down though. I had the joy of walking wide eyed, grinning from ear to ear, just 10 days ago at Wilderness Lodge. I will be doing the same thing in 108 days at Boardwalk Villas!

I totally understand you guys. I cannot even LOOK at the check-in counter as we're leaving. DH always has to usher me through the lobby with a calming yet slightly sarcastic "Come on Baby,....don't look that way." When I get home, I am always depressed for a week. I just get SO spoiled by being in a fantasy fun world! It is particularly troublesome because I can't really talk about my "depression." Really, who is going to understand that I am ssssooooo upset because I am home from vacation. The whole thing sounds pretty trivial to a non-Disney nut. And.........I agree. It is trivial. Obviously, I have a pretty decent life to be so upset about something as simple as a vacation being over. So then, I get irritated at myself for letting it affect me so badly. Nonetheless, as much as I may think and try to rationalize the situation, the fact is that I do experience a quite emotional Disney World separation anxiety. I'm glad that you guys understand!!!!!!!

I totally understand you guys. I cannot even LOOK at the check-in counter as we're leaving. DH always has to usher me through the lobby with a calming yet slightly sarcastic "Come on Baby,....don't look that way." When I get home, I am always depressed for a week. I just get SO spoiled by being in a fantasy fun world! It is particularly troublesome because I can't really talk about my "depression." Really, who is going to understand that I am ssssooooo upset because I am home from vacation. The whole thing sounds pretty trivial to a non-Disney nut. And.........I agree. It is trivial. Obviously, I have a pretty decent life to be so upset about something as simple as a vacation being over. So then, I get irritated at myself for letting it affect me so badly. Nonetheless, as much as I may think and try to rationalize the situation, the fact is that I do experience a quite emotional Disney World separation anxiety. I'm glad that you guys understand!!!!!!!

Glad you understand too! But I sduppose the cliche of "Absence makes the heart grow Fonder"

And I agree, we're lucky to have something like having to leave behind a fabulous vacation as something that gives us the blues! Things could be a whole lot bluer... that kind of thinking does help get on, doesn't it?

DD and I are exactly the same when we see people arriving while we sadly wait for the ME bus.:sad2: Our next trip in August should be a bit better since we're doing a Land/Sea and will be waiting for the DCL bus to take us to the port for a different Disney experience.:wizard: :beach:

My next trip is 6 months away and it feels like FOREVER. Just today I was thinking about it and saying ommmggg it's so far away!! August is NEVER going to come!! This is brutal!!
Yes, I am so jealous of everyone who is going very soon.

When we are at WDW, I don't get sad until I see that DME tag hanging on my hotel room. I will be smiling and having a great time, then turn the corner and see that tag. It is like a knock back into reality. It is really sad. lol
Then the day we leave I actually just want to hurry up and leave because lingering in the lobby just makes it harder on me.

Our next trip is not for another year yet, but this feeling you all shared made me remember. I started to feel sad about having to go home from our next trip....LOL!

I find myself thinking on the last couple of days - just 2 days left (thats cool), just 1 day left (make the best of it). We always finish our trip in the MK with an ice cream from Main Street Bakery and find a spot to sit around the square to watch and soak in the last of the magic. On that final walk out it usually sets in hard.

It makes me smile to watch all the other families and kids excitedly entering the park..........there is an inner feeling of wishing that was us :)

I always tell myself anyone who checks into a WDW Resort eventually checks out, so the people we see just starting their WDW vacations will also be checking out and their vacations will also be coming to an end.

We have been to Disney for 3 times in the past 2 years. I had the jealous/sad/Disney blues feeling in 2006 and in 2007. It was really bad in 2007 and I didn't get over it until March when I talked DH into another trip. This time, I am great. Why? Because on our trip we went to a DVC open house and by the time we had to leave WDW, we had decided to buy. (We weren't supposed to be coming back to WDW for 4 years, because our next trip is a family cruise in January 2010). I don't know what got into DH, but we bought and now we have enough points to take our extended family to AKV for 6 nights in December (13 people) and pay for their rooms with our points. DH and I are also going on a short cruise in September and the extended family of 13 is going on the cruise in 2010 (we will be using DVC points for the 5 in our family). It is nice to be home from Disney and be happy about it because we know we will be going on average at least once for the NEXT 50 YEARS!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

83 days and counting til we get there:cool1: but also 97 days til we are coming home:sad: Think I might need to become in denial about flight home! I'm going to make every moment a memory until next visit to WDW :hippie:

After our last trip, I completely went into the Disney 'depression'. I didn't even want to come on the DIS or watch Disney movies! Mostly because we didn't have another trip planned, so I couldn't do any of that cool trip plannin' stuff.

Then we planned one, and now I'm all better. :teeth:

After our last trip, I completely went into the Disney 'depression'. I didn't even want to come on the DIS or watch Disney movies! Mostly because we didn't have another trip planned, so I couldn't do any of that cool trip plannin' stuff.

Amazing how that works huh? lol...

We have been to Disney for 3 times in the past 2 years. I had the jealous/sad/Disney blues feeling in 2006 and in 2007. It was really bad in 2007 and I didn't get over it until March when I talked DH into another trip. This time, I am great. Why? Because on our trip we went to a DVC open house and by the time we had to leave WDW, we had decided to buy. (We weren't supposed to be coming back to WDW for 4 years, because our next trip is a family cruise in January 2010). I don't know what got into DH, but we bought and now we have enough points to take our extended family to AKV for 6 nights in December (13 people) and pay for their rooms with our points. DH and I are also going on a short cruise in September and the extended family of 13 is going on the cruise in 2010 (we will be using DVC points for the 5 in our family). It is nice to be home from Disney and be happy about it because we know we will be going on average at least once for the NEXT 50 YEARS!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

When SSR opened and had the discount on points a few yrs ago, I got really close to getting dh to agree to this if my dad would go in on it with us... In the end, I just didn't seal the deal. I went soft and didn't push hard enough.... you are lucky to know you will be there every year. That is not a given for us. Interestingly enough, at the end of our June 05 trip was the only time dh told the kids we'd be back... has left us with the longest WDW-less span since we first took them. (We haven't been back to WDW since then but to be fair, we did manage a trip to DL in 07, for which I was thankful b/c dh had said no more Disney until our youngest turned 5 -- which she did a few months after that trip!).

I am hoping that this April they will have some offer when I am there so then I can book before we leave and feel better knowing I will have another trip on the horizion!

omg I was the same way after last August. I came home and came on DIS here and there but then just stopped for a couple of months. It wasn't until I booked for this coming August that I have started to feel "right" again.

I swear sometimes I am going crazy. I am just not well. lol

Read this yesterday and didn't answer. Decided to now. I can relate to what you are saying but I wouldn't call it jealousy. Yes, I do wish my trip could continue on, but as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter