The One in Which We Discover "Food Drunk" is a thing! Updated 6/6!!!!

Loved the B&C review, I had the tomato bisque/grilled cheese combo on my last visit too. Hubby and I split a small No Way Jose after our lunch and it was amazing! We didn't try the onion rings, will have to correct that omission on a future visit! :thumbsup2

I'm another Canadian DIS'er, we live north of Toronto, in the Newmarket area. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more of your great reviews! ::yes::

Following along! I wish I had a friend to just go off on a trip with who "gets" Disney like I do! How lucky you are :goodvibes

I was going to say the same thing! Hey, we live not too far form each other, wanna be my Disney friend?! :rotfl:

Loving the review!

I'm in Toronto! I see you're in Calgary-- I have lots of family there but I haven't been back in about five years. I love the city, though!

We are staying at the Beach Club in August and will have to make a point of getting some onion rings!:goodvibes

That's awesome! Can't say I've ever been out to TO! That's so great!! I want to stay at BC so bad! It's so pretty!!

Ooh, I'm really looking forward to Beaches n Cream.

It's so delicious!!

Loved the B&C review, I had the tomato bisque/grilled cheese combo on my last visit too. Hubby and I split a small No Way Jose after our lunch and it was amazing! We didn't try the onion rings, will have to correct that omission on a future visit! :thumbsup2

I'm another Canadian DIS'er, we live north of Toronto, in the Newmarket area. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more of your great reviews! ::yes::

Thanks!! It was so yummy! I honestly don't think we could have eaten another thing after that lunch, we were so stuffed!

Yay! Canadian take over!! Hahah

Great review! What happened to the stepsisters at 1900 Park Faire dinner? They are one of the main reasons I would go! Love, love, love the stepsisters!!!!!

Nice reviews. We will be staying at the POP for the first time this summer. How did you enjoy your stay there?

Loving your report! I'm looking forward to taking my babies to Disney is 37 days! Super excited! Great pics!:hyper:

Great review! What happened to the stepsisters at 1900 Park Faire dinner? They are one of the main reasons I would go! Love, love, love the stepsisters!!!!!

I'm not sure! They were definitely missed by us that night, they're so crazy that it's definitely a whole lot quieter in there without them, but the FGM was just as lovely!

Oooooh! Everything looks amazing! I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! We lucked out and had such an amazing trip of good food!

Nice reviews. We will be staying at the POP for the first time this summer. How did you enjoy your stay there?

Thanks! Pop is great! I've stayed there four times now, and it's a pretty go to resort, best of the values, and cheaper than AoA. It can definitely be HUGE, but the walk to the bus/main area isn't far from anywhere. The food court is huge, with lots of options, and it's usually not super crowded in there either. I really do enjoy Pop

Loving your report! I'm looking forward to taking my babies to Disney is 37 days! Super excited! Great pics!:hyper:

Thanks!!! I'm excited for you!

great reviews!! I'm going to have to check out Beaches and Cream on my solo trip in August. I've always heard so much about it and wanted to try but your pictures just make it look so good! Thanks for the reviews, looking forward to more!

great reviews!! I'm going to have to check out Beaches and Cream on my solo trip in August. I've always heard so much about it and wanted to try but your pictures just make it look so good! Thanks for the reviews, looking forward to more!

DO IT!!! It's so amazing! I might have to take a detour over there just for a treat/resort exploring next trip! It's so yum and the resort is so pretty!!

Ah I was so surprised to stumble upon your dining review! But now I'm reading along!:goodvibes

Oh hey, fancy meeting you here! Lol. I got bored waiting for my photopass before I started the TR so I figured I'd do this haha!

This update coming to you straight from inside the TR, so there's some other random ramblings...

Since lunch over at Beaches and Cream had been SO long ago, we were both getting pretty munchy by the time we got home that night, even with all the junk we had ingested during Fantasmic, so we made a stop at the foodcourt. I’m not sure what Paige had gotten, but I decided on the Tuna Sandwich, with apple slices instead of fries, and of course, a pickle!

369_zps0cab1364.jpg

If you forgot, at lunch, the menu said that all sandwiches came with a pickle, and I figured grilled cheese would, I mean, it goes hand in hand! However I didn’t get one, and was super sad, so now, I got my pickle!

I also proceeded to sing the “I got a pickle, I got a pickle, I got a pickle, hey hey hey hey!” song like, all the way back to the room, much to Paige’s pleasure I’m sure. It’s from Little Rascals, which I think I’ve only seen once….years ago… but here’s the clip for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVVoH6Kzx4Q

It was delicious….. as was the sandwich! I did end up kinda scraping off half the tuna, there was a TON of it on there, and it was super mayo-ey, but I expected that. It made for a lovely evening snack though! We both settled into bed as we watched some TV, skyped with those back home, and showered, you know, the usual. It had been a very successful first day in Disney World!

Pop Foodcourt Review:
5/5
-They've got a ton of different options, and at different times of day. Hot food, cold food, grab a snack and go, treats, tons of different beverages, it's great!
-Pricing on everything is good, your standard Disney QS prices, but still great for the amount of food you get
-Really like the option to have apple slices instead of fries
-Lines in there (for me) have never been that bad, because there are 3 different stations to order food, you don't wait long
-Food is usually super fresh and delicious
-Lines at checkouts seem to get a little bit more backed up, BUT remember you can pay on either side of the cm (most of the time)
-Cutlery/napkins are right behind the til, don't miss them!

89_zps219a6a90.jpg

YUP! This was our destination! The line was all the way down the bridge, and a little bit around the corner, it was 10:55 at this point, so the restaurant was just opened for the day, we weren’t too upset, I mean, it’s amazing, we could wait!

While we were in line, I realized that we still had PPF fast passes on us, and after checking the time, realized that we in fact, would not be able to use them due to the fact that we were going for lunch! Eeek! I asked Paige for hers to gift to someone, and then ducked out of the line and quickly found a couple of women that were headed toward the expansion and asked if they would like them? They were super appreciative and asked if I wanted them to run and grab me some more so that we could use them later! So cute! I politely declined, and hurried back to Paige in the line.

88_zps84bc75b6.jpg

91_zpsb6519ee7.jpg

92_zpse0ad1c49.jpg

93_zps0d6f7279.jpg

The entrance way, gates and all are so majestic, they’re awesome. I do think however, that the “forced perspective” really doesn’t work on the Beast’s castle, it just looks like it’s plonked on up there…but oh well, we were excited!!

94_zps3c28688b.jpg

95_zps70b9190f.jpg

There definitely were some people who really didn’t know their Disney who were in line behind us

The amount of people who will get in lines without knowing what it’s for is crazy!! #beourguest

Above the doorways into the castle they have a beautiful mosaic (we’ll pretend that’s right!) of the prologue of Beauty and the Beast!

96_zps6cc3811f.jpg

The prince turning away the beggar woman, the rose itself, and the beggar woman turning into the enchantress!

96_zps6cc3811f.jpg

98_zps5f2ad4fb.jpg

99_zps144e7dfd.jpg

We had very much progressed forward in the line as we waited, and that was exciting, time for another selfie!

100_zpsf5ac2ce7.jpg

101_zps753e83cb.jpg

102_zpsa8298f4a.jpg

The big stone ….eagle….. is up by the mosaic of the story, and they have the lions guarding the doors! There’s also gargoyles along the bridge, but you’ll see pictures of those later!

103_zps407cdf3c.jpg

104_zps1a9bd626.jpg

105_zpsd6966328.jpg

We got into the first room and Paige DARTED off to the bathroom as she just couldn’t hold it any longer. Apparently while she was in there she became the adoptive mother of some children...uhm…no, those are not hers….She did make it back in time to get to hear the suits of amour talking/coughing, it was pretty loud in there, but you could still here them every so often!

106_zps2ad9dbb0.jpg

107_zps8d474347.jpg

Those little menus screens were places along the middle of the hallway, and would change every so often between the menu, the kids options, pictures of stuff, and more! It was nice that they had these so people could attempt to know what they wanted, but most people still had troubles later on.

108_zpsdc5b6aed.jpg

We finally made it around the corner where you get the rose, and told them we’d be paying separately, myself with cash, and Paige with a card. I don’t know why I didn’t just put it on my visa as I knew it was easier to deal with a card, but whatever. I was directed over to a cast member behind a til, and Paige was directed over to a self serve kiosk thing.

Now, I wanted the basic, kids turkey sandwich, the same I had gotten last time, and a French onion soup, and a cupcake. I started to order, and the guy was just SUPER snarky with me, and I REALLY didn’t appreciate it., A lot of the time I’ll get immediately shelled in and flustered when people do things like that, and I won’t speak up about things until after, so I didn’t even really realize what was going on, and then realized I had forgotten to order my cupcake, and was actually really upset about it. Ugh. Anxiety problems I tell ya.

Paige was dealing with her own problems as she was stuck behind a family who definitely didn’t know what they were doing at the self serve, or didn’t know what they want. She rolled her eyes at me as I looked back at her and I confirmed that she wanted to eat in the West Wing before racing off to get a seat.

CONTINUED IN NEXT!​

I hurried my little butt over to the West Wing, knowing it was smaller and would probably be harder to get a table in there, but managed to arrive right as some cast members were finishing cleaning off a table, so I grabbed a seat, grabbed my coffee, and some utensils and then sat down to wait for Paige in the forbidden West Wing!

109_zps9fd418d5.jpg

110_zps1eac8e7e.jpg

111_zps3f85bb08.jpg

If you ever get the chance to eat in the West Wing, pay close attention to the portrait and the rose! The room is clearly, forbidden, so it’s “thunder storming” outside when you’re in there, and when the storm gets really intense, the portrait will flash to the Beast and back! And a petal will fall off the rose! We also found out later in the week that if you go right up to the fence in front of the rose, and look to the curtain to the right, you can see a tear in the curtain that makes a hidden Mickey!

Paige found me pretty easily, and dropped her rose off at the table and grabbed her drink after I told her where to go, and before we knew it, my food was coming out!

113_zpsf7781fc8.jpg

114_zps3fe98dc6.jpg

French Onion Soup to start with, and then the Kids Carved Turkey Sandwich with yam “wedges” and you may notice the GAPING whole in the middle…it wasn’t served like that…it was served with fries, which I did not want, I was actually under the impression I had ordered the apple sauce, but Mr Sour Pants at the til had me so flustered that I had apparently ordered “pomme frittes” instead….Welp, this was another moment, that, in combination with the fact that I hadn’t gotten a cupcake, AND I was supposed to get a mini water bottle with the meal that I never got, it wasn’t a very good moment, I was doing my darndest to hold back the tears.

Thankfully, the cast member who dropped off the food said he would be able to bring out the apple sauce for me in a minute, and I did the proudest thing ever, I took all the French fries, wrapped them up in a napkin, half crushed them, and pushed them to the other side of the table where the continued to stay for the entire meal. THIS is another reason I don’t order fries with things, I don’t want them, I try to eat healthy, and I don’t like it when people are all “oh, I’ll bring you what you wanted on top of what you have” I’m like “NO! Take this part away first, please”

ANYWAYS, Paige got the Mickey Meatloaf with vegetables, and she was able to remember to get a cupcake, the Lemon Meringue one to be specific!

115_zps302442a8.jpg

116_zps447a7639.jpg

It was all so amazing! OOOOMMMM NOOOOOOM!! The sandwich is on multigrain bread, and just has turkey and tomato, no overload of cheese, the yam wedges are so delicious, and the peach applesauce is a nice light “dessert” options as well. I found the soup to not be as great as it had been the last time I was there, but it was still super tasty!

Paige loved her meatloaf, bonus, it was in the shape of Mickey’s head, so that was fantastic. I know there was some kind of vegetable that she didn’t want and she was able to order without it, or substitute it, I’m not sure.

Since I was having such a rough cupcake moment, Paige was also amazing enough to share the Lemon Meringue cupcake with me, and BOY, was it DELICIOUS!! Like, it rivals the Red Velvet at Starring Rolls (another reason why I want to try the lemon meringue over at SR too!). It was super light and fluffy, and moist, the lemon wasn’t over powering and it was just amazing. I will have to say, the wrappers that the cupcakes are in are not ones you can tear off, the easiest thing to do is to just eat it with a fork, problem solved!

While I was eating, I texted a picture of the rose to my roommate saying “We’re eating in the west wing!”

Roomie: “the west wing is forbidden! The master is not happy!”

Me: “Whatevs, we do what we want! Lawlz.”|

Paige and I finished eating our lunches, and after taking a few pictures, we proceeded out into the ballroom, where I took a few photos, and Paige proceeded to put blinders on and run out of the room, although, not before stopping for a photobomb…

117_zpsf7e6f120.jpg

118_zps4baa1c69.jpg

120_zps18eaa4f8.jpg

119_zps99e129ba.jpg

Yup…snuck that little one in there… The reason she was bolting out and not taking pictures was because she wanted to save the whole experience for later, when we had dinner plans.

On the way out of lunch, there were a few cast members around with the little touch screen survey things, and we got stopped by a guy asking about our experience. He asked how long we waited, how we would rate the experience on a couple of different subjects, which of course we said was all wonderful, and that we had waited around 45 minutes from when we got in the line to when we ate. He then asked if there was any way that our experience could have been better, and I replied;

“The only way that this place could be any more amazing would be if you were to start offering wedding receptions here!” And he actually wrote it all down!! AH! Hopefully by the time I am ready to be married, I will be having my reception in there! On the way out, I did notice that the stained glass portrait of Belle and the Prince was covered, and that made me extremely sad! However, we had many more adventures to do today, so we moved on!

BoG looks AMAZING! SOOO excited to try this on my trip!

Totally random question but are you doing a TR for this trip? I followed the PTR and the one you are writing with the trip with you and your mom. If you are I somehow totally missed it! Could you link it please?! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more reviews!

BoG looks AMAZING! SOOO excited to try this on my trip!

Totally random question but are you doing a TR for this trip? I followed the PTR and the one you are writing with the trip with you and your mom. If you are I somehow totally missed it! Could you link it please?! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more reviews!

It was absolutely amazing! I'm glad you're getting to do it! Are you going for dinner or lunch??

Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083545

I'm not sure if I posted it in Sept's TR or not...lol.

Ah love BoG. I'm gonna have to figure out how to convince Dbf we need to go for both lunch AND dinner when we go rotfl.

Um wedding receptions in Be Our Guest?!?! Best idea I've heard in a long time!

Ah love BoG. I'm gonna have to figure out how to convince Dbf we need to go for both lunch AND dinner when we go rotfl.

Um wedding receptions in Be Our Guest?!?! Best idea I've heard in a long time!

Haha! That's exactly why I love that I have BOG booked for day 1 of our trip, so that everyone will be like "wait, we can do lunch there too?!" Also a hint, when you check in, ask if you can be served by Shelley S, and then tell her you're Katt's friend! Lol. She's literally the greatest person ever!!

I KNOW RIGHT?!?! ULTIMATE DREAM!! Like, it would be so beautiful. Like, get married right behind the castle before the park opens, spend the day playing in the park, then do dinner at BOG with a break outside for wishes, and then just party! UGH.

Great review so far!!! popcorn:: I love the giant pickles too!!! :rotfl:

Thanks!! Man, those pickles are sometimes just the greatest snack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter