The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

This is my 1st post on the CP part of the boards and I have so much to learn!

I really, Really, REALLY want to be a character performer! I think I'd be soooo much fun. I'm nervous just thinking about it already and this won't happen for another year. I've auditioned for parades at DLR before but w/ no such luck. I did make it past the first round for Block Party once, but was cut after. I have good dance experience & stage presence, but I'm super scared it's going to end like my past experiences. I hope the CP will be nice to me. :goodvibes

I have no idea what my back-ups will be yet. I need to look into it more. I think my DM has been on the CP site more than I have!

This is my 1st post on the CP part of the boards and I have so much to learn!

I really, Really, REALLY want to be a character performer! I think I'd be soooo much fun. I'm nervous just thinking about it already and this won't happen for another year. I've auditioned for parades at DLR before but w/ no such luck. I did make it past the first round for Block Party once, but was cut after. I have good dance experience & stage presence, but I'm super scared it's going to end like my past experiences. I hope the CP will be nice to me. :goodvibes

I have no idea what my back-ups will be yet. I need to look into it more. I think my DM has been on the CP site more than I have!

Hey don't be nervous! You've got time to think about it. We all have time to think about it. Just think, we're only one more program away! yay!!

Hey Joe, just curious- did your sister go down for Fall 2008?

Hey Joe, just curious- did your sister go down for Fall 2008?

No, she didn't. She told her recruiter she wasn't able to do it, because she didn't want to fall behind with school.

Me and my sister are completely different people. I guess it just wasn't for her right now. Thanks for all your help when I needed it, I'm glad you remember! I'll be applying in September, so you don't need to worry about me!

Hey guys!! I'll be doing Spring Advantage too!! I'm getting re-excited for Disney. I was planning on going last year...but then my graduation stuff changed and I stopped planning.....now that I'm for sure going in the Spring...I get to start re-planning. I would love to do vacation planner. I've done merchandise at my college for a while now...so if nothing else...I'll sign up for that too. But, I want a change of pace.

My but you people plan early...hehe ;)

It will be the time of your life. I loved it so much, I'm moving back to go F/T in just a few days...

Nice! I can't wait. It seems that I may have to do the Fall Advantage instead, but we'll see. I hope not!

Fall Advantage 2009 or 2010? ...If it's the latter, I understand the disappointment...

Oh wow! Why do you have to wait?

Looks like Fall Advantage 2010. My parents want me to complete a year of school before I start my CP. I'll just be applying for it 6 months later than Spring Advantage. It's a big disappointment, I know. I've been counting down for two years!

But we'll see, maybe I can change their minds.

Looks like Fall Advantage 2010. My parents want me to complete a year of school before I start my CP. I'll just be applying for it 6 months later than Spring Advantage. It's a big disappointment, I know. I've been counting down for two years!

But we'll see, maybe I can change their minds.

Aww, that stinks. I would be disappointed (and hopefully you can change their minds).

Aww, that stinks. I would be disappointed (and hopefully you can change their minds).

Thanks! It's a huge disappointment, I'm glad you understand!

I wanted to do it right away, so I would have the chance to go seasonal, and also it would help me as I look for a professional internship afterwards.

It's alright though, It's not the worst that could happen. 6 Months more is a long time to wait though!

Thanks! It's a huge disappointment, I'm glad you understand!

I wanted to do it right away, so I would have the chance to go seasonal, and also it would help me as I look for a professional internship afterwards.

It's alright though, It's not the worst that could happen. 6 Months more is a long time to wait though!

Oh yeah, I understand. My parents almost didn't let me do my first CP. They didn't think I was ready to go (it was after my first semester). Luckily I was able to convince them to let me do it.

Oh yeah, I understand. My parents almost didn't let me do my first CP. They didn't think I was ready to go (it was after my first semester). Luckily I was able to convince them to let me do it.

That's the exact reason why they won't let me do it after my first semester! How did you end up convincing them?

That's the exact reason why they won't let me do it after my first semester! How did you end up convincing them?

A lot of pleading on my part. I showed them that I would be fine on my own. They also talked a lot with my recruiter, and also to one of my professors at school. They helped convince my parents that I would be fine.

I wish you all the best when it comes time to apply. Hopefully they will let you go too.:)

A lot of pleading on my part. I showed them that I would be fine on my own. They also talked a lot with my recruiter, and also to one of my professors at school. They helped convince my parents that I would be fine.

I wish you all the best when it comes time to apply. Hopefully they will let you go too.:)

Thanks! If not Spring 2010, then hopefully Fall for sure.

Thanks! If not Spring 2010, then hopefully Fall for sure.

I know it would be hard to wait. But Fall is also a nice time to be down in FL. The holiday season is such an awsome time in the parks! And the parties are so much fun.

I know it would be hard to wait. But Fall is also a nice time to be down in FL. The holiday season is such an awsome time in the parks! And the parties are so much fun.

Yay! thanks Joanna! That just gives me another reason to look forward to doing it. Even if I need to wait another 6 months. I leaned towards the Spring program at first because I would be away for Christmas.

What did you do on Christmas in your programs?

Yay! thanks Joanna! That just gives me another reason to look forward to doing it. Even if I need to wait another 6 months. I leaned towards the Spring program at first because I would be away for Christmas.

What did you do on Christmas in your programs?

I actually got Christmas off (which is very rare for CPs). But I ended up picking up a shift at the MK. I worked the castle show (Celebrate the Seasons), then extended into the Extra Magic Hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter