• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

My wife and I will be staying for a week in a tower studio in January. I am concerned that we will be driven to the point of madness in such a tiny space for a week. Time will tell. I think the fact that the room is so small is preventing some walking - most people don't really want to spend more than a few days in such a small space. That, and it only accommodates two - so you're really only attracting DINKs. Riviera is really the perfect DINK resort.

Does anyone know if Riviera has an arcade? (I don't honestly need video games but some resorts have the AMAZING massage chairs near/in their arcades and I NEED to know where they are. lol....)

Does anyone know if Riviera has an arcade? (I don't honestly need video games but some resorts have the AMAZING massage chairs near/in their arcades and I NEED to know where they are. lol....)

To my knowledge the resort does not have an arcade.

Does bell services have a refrigerator to store cold food if we arrive and our room is not ready?

Does bell services have a refrigerator to store cold food if we arrive and our room is not ready?
Yes, all the DVC resorts have refrigerators and freezers to keep your food and medications at proper temperature until your room is ready. Just check it with Bell Services along with your luggage. When you get your room number, you can pick up everything yourself and bring it to your room, or you can call them from the room and they'll bring it to you (a tip is customary, of course).

Yes, all the DVC resorts have refrigerators and freezers to keep your food and medications at proper temperature until your room is ready. Just check it with Bell Services along with your luggage. When you get your room number, you can pick up everything yourself and bring it to your room, or you can call them from the room and they'll bring it to you (a tip is customary, of course).
I have seen them I think at SSR-- but just wanted to confirm to my best laid plans aren't foiled by something bizarre.

Aulani does not have refrigerated storage. Odd, I don't know why, but they don't.

There are nice windows and the full glass door for plenty of light which should help with any claustrophobia. There’s a balcony or patio in every room. Also, the Riviera has beautiful outside grounds.

We are headed to Riviera for the first time tomorrow. Looks like they are calling for lots of rain/thunderstorms. We have never been to Rivera or taken the skyliner. How do I know if I am in Epcot that I need to take a bus or skyliner back to Rivera. I don’t think my legs can handle walking from the back to front of Epcot multiple times.

We are headed to Riviera for the first time tomorrow. Looks like they are calling for lots of rain/thunderstorms. We have never been to Rivera or taken the skyliner. How do I know if I am in Epcot that I need to take a bus or skyliner back to Rivera. I don’t think my legs can handle walking from the back to front of Epcot multiple times.
I believe the app will say if it shut. And usually if it is down they have a bus at one of the resorts in the back that circles the skyline resorts or they used to. So you’d catch that from BCV or BWV not entirely sure.

I am contemplating a trip in January but I see late last January they did the Skyliner maintenance. Does anyone know if this is typically done the same time each year?

RIVIERA'S BE OUR GUEST LIST
Will you be joining us at the Riviera? Comment on this thread with your dates to be added below!

July
UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 04-08, 2-Bedroom PV
alice-in-wonder: July 31, Tower Studio

August
alice-in-wonder, August 5-6, Deluxe Studio PV
b00kbug: August 24 - September 4, 2-Bedroom, SV, Welcome Home Trip

September
McFlame: September 07-20, 1-Bedroom SV
Akck: September 29 - October 1, Deluxe Studio SV

October
evr25160: October 28- Nov 3rd, 1-Bedroom PV

November
kandlsutton: November 8-12, 1-Bedroom SV

December
J-Dog: December 4-12, Grand Villa
IceSkatingPrincess: December 9-15, Deluxe Studio PV
alice-in-wonder: December 27-January 1, Deluxe Studio SV

January

IceSkatingPrincess, January 13-17, Deluxe Studio SV

February

March

BekCG45: March 2-9, Studio SV, Welcome Home

PAST TRIPS

January
Jimmy Mouse: January 2-8
Sandisw: January 10-12, 1-Bedroom SV
Transferteck: Jan 13-17, Tower Studio
IceSkatingPrincess: January 14-19, 1-Bedroom SV
MamaJessie: January 17-22, Studio
Akck: January 17-21, Deluxe Studio

April
summerw: April 24-28, Deluxe Studio SV
Akck: April 24-27, Tower Studio

May
TinkB278: May 15-20, 1-Bedroom SV
kanerf: May 16-18, Deluxe Studio
DISguyDennis: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio SV
Doberge: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio PV

June
happenin2you: June 14-18, 1 Bedroom PV
Dicentras: June 19-23, 2-Bedroom LO SV
PixiePlns: June 19-26 1-Bedroom

July
nataliz: July 7-14, 2-Bedroom PV
ninafeliz: July 9-17, 2-Bedroom LO SV
UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 18&19, Tower Studio + 20&21, Deluxe Studio + 22-27, 2-Bedroom

August
Diane Kompan: August 13-22
MomOTwins: August 14-18, Welcome Home Trip
havoc315: August 14-22, Welcome Home Trip, 2-Bedroom LO PV
Pills: August 14-25, Deluxe Studio SV
jasonplusliz: August 22-28, 1-Bedroom SV
Thegoatfeeder: August 30-September 8
Turn the Page: August 30-September 6, 1-Bedroom SV

September
transferteck: September 1-3, Tower Studio
bigAWL: September 8-11, 1-Bedroom PV
IceSkatingPrincess: September 9-14, Welcome Home Trip, Deluxe Studio SV (9-11), 1-Bedroom SV (11-14)
csmommy: September 12-14, Tower Studio
tdonnell56: September 14-17, 1 & 2 Bedroom
Anthony Vito: September 30-October 3, Deluxe Studio SV

October
Jimmy Mouse: October 3-9
Sandisw (DD): October 15-19, Deluxe Studio SV
kanerf: October 23-26, 1-Bedroom SV
Sandisw: October 26-28, 2-Bedroom SV
Turn the Page: October 27-30, Deluxe Studio SV

November
ForWhomTheMouseTolls: November 4 -11
LSchrow: November 7-9, 1-Bedroom SV
princessophiali: November 12-19, Deluxe Studio
Sydnerella: November 19-28, 1-Bedroom PV
PatricioATX: November 19-26. 2-Bedroom PV, Welcome Home Trip.

December
jamesweikamp: December 4-11, 2-Bedroom PV
Thegoatfeeder: December 5-10
Dmvoight: December 10-19, 1-Bedroom PV
kandlsutton: December 11-18, 2-Bedroom PV
disneydreamer781: December 14-16, Deluxe Studio SV
Mike9865: December 17-24, 1-Bedroom PV
kboo: December 19-23, Deluxe Studio SV
summerw: December 26-31, 1-Bedroom SV

February

BradW: February 1-5, 1-Bedroom PV, Welcome Home Trip
Sandisw: February 8-10, 1-Bedroom SV
Evita_W: February 8-17
Transferteck: February 13-15, Tower Studio
havoc315: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
Lorana: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
brazzledazzler: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jdd: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jamesweikamp: February 28 - March 6, Tower Studio

March
Mrs.Potts521: March 6-10
Sandisw: March 7, Deluxe Studio SV

April
SoCalDCLfan: April 6-9, Tower Studio
Sandisw: April 23-26, Deluxe Studio SV

May
kanerf: May 12-15, Deluxe Studio SV
brazzledazzler: May 22-26, Deluxe Studio SV
PoohsFan1: May 23 - June 3, 1-Bedroom SV

June
eeyoreme: June 3-9, -Bedroom Lock off SV
summerw: June 5-9, 2-Bedroom SV
HawaiianFish: February 8-12, Deluxe Studio PV Welcome Home Trip

Just purchased our first contract of 100 points at Riviera as well as our second contract moments later of 50 points at VDH. ☺️ Unfortunately couldn’t take advantage of any incentives or Magical Beginnings but figured this route would be more economical in the long run based on how we intend to use the points. It was tough deciding between VGF and RIV but knew we would like being on the skyliner and aren’t really fans of GF. Refrained from buying 150 though so we can add on when the cabins at FW go on sale. 😂 That will be our MK area resort which we will hopefully be able to stay at on trips to the Halloween and Xmas parties.

Just purchased our first contract of 100 points at Riviera as well as our second contract moments later of 50 points at VDH. ☺️ Unfortunately couldn’t take advantage of any incentives or Magical Beginnings but figured this route would be more economical in the long run based on how we intend to use the points. It was tough deciding between VGF and RIV but knew we would like being on the skyliner and aren’t really fans of GF. Refrained from buying 150 though so we can add on when the cabins at FW go on sale. 😂 That will be our MK area resort which we will hopefully be able to stay at on trips to the Halloween and Xmas parties.
Welcome home!

Welcome home!
Thanks. 😊 Really excited because we were able to get a RIV standard studio as our Welcome Home stay June 18th-21st! We had POP Century booked for those dates for our first kid free trip and now we can cancel that reservation.

We likely won’t be back to WDW until September or October 2024 (August UY) so hopefully we can snag 1 studio for a few nights in early December at VDH with our ‘23/‘24 VDH points in June and another for the same dates with our 49 banked ‘22 points in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter