• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We'll be returning "home" from Nov. 23-26 for the first half of a Thanksgiving split stay at Riviera. Would love to be added to the "Be Our Guest" list. My six year old bless his heart said "Mommy I miss Riviera Resort" a couple months back and so what else could I do but start planning a vacation (twist my arm, lol). I stalked and stalked until I got some dates in a standard studio at Riv, and just completed booking our trip yesterday by adding the non-home-resort portion of the trip at 7 months (Poly. standard studio for four nights after Riviera). Bonus: I spent literally exactly the number of points I had in our 2022 UY. Just proves it's fate! Woohoo!

Does Primo Piato not really offer dinner? I see a large lunch menu but dinner just looks like drinks and snacks.

We will have our welcome home stay Nov 19th - 27th and we have booked the 3 bedroom Grand for my entire side of the family (11 people ) and are so excited! I have a question about views from those rooms and could not find anything from the search function. I know those room are on the end caps of the building but what would be the best area to be in for views? We only plan to do the parks 3 or 4 days and spend the rest enjoying the resort, so I thought it would be awesome to be able to enjoy some of the fireworks while were having resort time.

We will have our welcome home stay Nov 19th - 27th and we have booked the 3 bedroom Grand for my entire side of the family (11 people ) and are so excited! I have a question about views from those rooms and could not find anything from the search function. I know those room are on the end caps of the building but what would be the best area to be in for views? We only plan to do the parks 3 or 4 days and spend the rest enjoying the resort, so I thought it would be awesome to be able to enjoy some of the fireworks while were having resort time.
I just had to crunch the numbers in utter envy of 8 days in a grand villa: 1,105. You are living the dream - so happy for you to have this magical time with so much family - it's really what DVC is all about!
You can use Touring Plans to look at views from many rooms: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-riviera-resort#
but yes they all face out toward the water not toward the parks. Here are a couple views:
8590 (5th floor - closer to Toppolino's). 8406 (4th floor - closer to the Skyliner)

Attachments

• 8590.JPG
    8590.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 8406.JPG
    8406.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 16
It might change before your trip, but Topolinos is currently saying you can only view fireworks if you have a dining reservation or dinner receipt for that night.

Unlikely to change. About the only difference is they used to allow lounge people to go out as well which I suspect you could now as well if you had ordered drinks.

We just bought into DVC with a direct Riviera contract today! Stoked to join the club.

Time to plan the Welcome Home stay.
So you settled on Riviera hey? What convinced you and what did you decide about add ons and O14? Still hating to love it?

So you settled on Riviera hey? What convinced you and what did you decide about add ons and O14? Still hating to love it?

We narrowed it down to RIV, AKV, and CCV. We decided being locked out of RIV wasn't an option, so we wanted to buy direct.

CCV was a bit more expensive, had smaller rooms, and is apparently difficult to book even in the 11-mo. window. We love AKV, but the buses and lack of quick service are a bit annoying with 2 young kids, especially at Kidani. It also looked easier to book at the 7-mo. window. PVB would've been a contender for #1, but we held off due to the uncertainty with the new tower. That will likely be our first add-on.

We toured almost all of the resorts last year and loved RIV. Excited for the spacious, modern rooms; food options; and skyliner.

kanerf: May 12-15, Deluxe Studio SV
kanerf: Oct 23-26, 1 Bedroom SV
Added! Sorry I missed your first trip. I hope you had a great time? How was the weather? Beautiful formatting on your request btw. As a former copyeditor, I appreciate your eye!

Welcome Home Trip. Nov 19th-26th. 2 bedroom PV
Added, Welcome Home!!

Our first trip to Riviera Resort, October 2 - 6, Studio PV, can't wait!
You'll love popping over to Food & Wine on the Skyliner. It's making me wish I had an October trip planned! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list?

We are new DVC members with 150 points at Riviera and a welcome home trip scheduled for March 2-9 2023 in a standard studio!

We have been thinking about doing this for a while and this board has been extremely helpful in all we have learned. I am grateful for you all!
Welcome Home!! Such a beautiful time of year for weather. Congrats on your purchase! We waited a long time too. So happy we did! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list?
Our Welcome Home stay is booked for 9/23 - 9/30 in a preferred studio!
Welcome Home!! Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter