• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

RIVIERA'S BE OUR GUEST LIST
Will you be joining us at the Riviera? Comment on this thread with your dates to be added below!

January
Jimmy Mouse: January 2-8
Sandisw: January 10-12, 1-Bedroom SV
Transferteck: Jan 13-17, Tower Studio
IceSkatingPrincess: January 14-19, 1-Bedroom SV
MamaJessie: January 17-22, Studio
Akck: January 17-21, Deluxe Studio

February
BradW: February 1-5, 1-Bedroom PV, Welcome Home Trip
Sandisw: February 8-10, 1-Bedroom SV
Evita_W: February 8-17
Transferteck: February 13-15, Tower Studio
havoc315: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
Lorana: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
brazzledazzler: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jdd: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jamesweikamp: February 28 - March 6, Tower Studio

March
Mrs.Potts521: March 6-10
Sandisw: March 7, Deluxe Studio SV

April
SoCalDCLfan: April 6-9, Tower Studio
Sandisw: April 23-26, Deluxe Studio SV

May
brazzledazzler: May 22-26, Deluxe Studio SV
PoohsFan1: May 23 - June 3, 1-Bedroom SV

June
eeyoreme: June 3-9, -Bedroom Lock off SV
summerw: June 5-9, 2-Bedroom SV

July
alice-in-wonder: July 31, Tower Studio

August
alice-in-wonder, August 5-6, Deluxe Studio PV
b00kbug: August 24 - September 4, 2-Bedroom, SV, Welcome Home Trip

September
McFlame: September 07-20, 1-Bedroom SV

October
evr25160: October 28- Nov 3rd, 1-Bedroom PV

November
kandlsutton: November 8-12, 1-Bedroom SV

December
J-Dog: December 4-12, Grand Villa
IceSkatingPrincess: December 9-15, Deluxe Studio PV
alice-in-wonder: December 27-January 1, Deluxe Studio SV

January

IceSkatingPrincess, January 13-17, Deluxe Studio SV

PAST TRIPS

April
summerw: April 24-28, Deluxe Studio SV
Akck: April 24-27, Tower Studio

May
TinkB278: May 15-20, 1-Bedroom SV
kanerf: May 16-18, Deluxe Studio
DISguyDennis: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio SV
Doberge: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio PV

June
happenin2you: June 14-18, 1 Bedroom PV
Dicentras: June 19-23, 2-Bedroom LO SV
PixiePlns: June 19-26 1-Bedroom

July
nataliz: July 7-14, 2-Bedroom PV
ninafeliz: July 9-17, 2-Bedroom LO SV
UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 18&19, Tower Studio + 20&21, Deluxe Studio + 22-27, 2-Bedroom

August
Diane Kompan: August 13-22
MomOTwins: August 14-18, Welcome Home Trip
havoc315: August 14-22, Welcome Home Trip, 2-Bedroom LO PV
Pills: August 14-25, Deluxe Studio SV
jasonplusliz: August 22-28, 1-Bedroom SV
Thegoatfeeder: August 30-September 8
Turn the Page: August 30-September 6, 1-Bedroom SV

September
transferteck: September 1-3, Tower Studio
bigAWL: September 8-11, 1-Bedroom PV
IceSkatingPrincess: September 9-14, Welcome Home Trip, Deluxe Studio SV (9-11), 1-Bedroom SV (11-14)
csmommy: September 12-14, Tower Studio
tdonnell56: September 14-17, 1 & 2 Bedroom
Anthony Vito: September 30-October 3, Deluxe Studio SV

October
Jimmy Mouse: October 3-9
Sandisw (DD): October 15-19, Deluxe Studio SV
Sandisw: October 26-28, 2-Bedroom SV
Turn the Page: October 27-30, Deluxe Studio SV

November
ForWhomTheMouseTolls: November 4 -11
LSchrow: November 7-9, 1-Bedroom SV
princessophiali: November 12-19, Deluxe Studio
Sydnerella: November 19-28, 1-Bedroom PV

December
jamesweikamp: December 4-11, 2-Bedroom PV
Thegoatfeeder: December 5-10
Dmvoight: December 10-19, 1-Bedroom PV
kandlsutton: December 11-18, 2-Bedroom PV
disneydreamer781: December 14-16, Deluxe Studio SV
Mike9865: December 17-24, 1-Bedroom PV
kboo: December 19-23, Deluxe Studio SV
summerw: December 26-31, 1-Bedroom SV

I just booked a pre-cruise stay.
September 29 - October 1 in a standard deluxe studio.

I added your trip to BoG list. Sounds like it was a great trip. That's great DD's fiancé fits in. Nothing worse than traveling to Disney with people who aren't on your vibe. Glad the husband was surprised. I think Riviera tends to surpass expectation once you've stayed.

Sounds great! Did you want me to add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1?

Sorry I'm so behind with updating it and your trip is close, but did you want me to add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1?

Added! I wish my trip was this close! Did you want me to add the room type too?

Added! Halloween trip sounds awesome!

Added!

I added 3 trips... did I get all of them?
Yes thank you!

Really want to stay here. need a studio.. what are my chances if I go thru one of the rental companies at 11 months out? possible?

Hi, all! I've been o.g.l.i.n.g every single Riviera video on the Internet for the past few weeks. It's getting weird. :surfweb:

Anyway, I read a BIT of this thread, but I'm still wondering about the pull-down bed in the tower studio. I'd LOVE to treat my parents to a couple nights at the Riv - they're in their very late 60's and if anyone reading this has stayed in a tower studio, I'd very much appreciate your thoughts on the comfort of the bed.
Apologies if this has already been much discussed!

Hi, all! I've been o.g.l.i.n.g every single Riviera video on the Internet for the past few weeks. It's getting weird. :surfweb:

Anyway, I read a BIT of this thread, but I'm still wondering about the pull-down bed in the tower studio. I'd LOVE to treat my parents to a couple nights at the Riv - they're in their very late 60's and if anyone reading this has stayed in a tower studio, I'd very much appreciate your thoughts on the comfort of the bed.

The bed in a tower studio is the same pull down bed in a deluxe studio. It’s a regular mattress and in my opinion, very comfortable. It definitely beats out the old sofa pull out beds. The thing to remember is that it’s a compact room and can feel cramped with your things spread out, but if you utilize the available storage spaces, you’ll be fine.

Really want to stay here. need a studio.. what are my chances if I go thru one of the rental companies at 11 months out? possible?

As long as someone with points are renting them out you will be fine at 11 months. You just need to have points available is all which might be the harder point. You might want to check with various renters and on this forum.

Its good anyone saying its not comfortable must have a super super plush bed at home that you sink 2 feet in to.

There is a likely chance that for your parents might actually be more comfortable since it isn't super plush and would be better on their back.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this waitlist coming through or not (I know theres a lot of debate around whether the wait list system works etc, but putting that to one side). We booked a stay when our 11 month window opened, unfortunately due to a stupid mistake on my part, we were 1 day late in making the booking and of the 8 nights we wanted, there was 1 night in the middle that wasn't available.

So we booked the nights we needed and have a wait list for the one night in the middle. What do you estimate our chances are of getting that 1 night? It is a one night standard view studio in early November for reference.

Would I be best cancelling the 2nd 'batch' of nights at the 7 month point and just grabbing what I can elsewhere including the missing Riviera night, or just hanging in there and hoping for the best?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this waitlist coming through or not (I know theres a lot of debate around whether the wait list system works etc, but putting that to one side). We booked a stay when our 11 month window opened, unfortunately due to a stupid mistake on my part, we were 1 day late in making the booking and of the 8 nights we wanted, there was 1 night in the middle that wasn't available.

So we booked the nights we needed and have a wait list for the one night in the middle. What do you estimate our chances are of getting that 1 night? It is a one night standard view studio in early November for reference.

Would I be best cancelling the 2nd 'batch' of nights at the 7 month point and just grabbing what I can elsewhere including the missing Riviera night, or just hanging in there and hoping for the best?
First, book a cash room at Riv for the missing night (same type - assuming it is available). Keep your waitlist and continue to stalk the website. I think you'll eventually get it as you only need the single night, but the cash room is your back up plan. They might be declaring more Riv inventory in the next few months - that improves your chances greatly.

New DVC member here. One hour tour of riviera was all it took to convince my wife that DVC was the right fit for our family. We are having our first stay on November 19th through the 26th.

Curious if there are any suggestions for a 2 bedroom preferred view. We are a family of four with two little girls (will have a stroller), and will be inviting my in-laws to stay with us.

New DVC member here. One hour tour of riviera was all it took to convince my wife that DVC was the right fit for our family. We are having our first stay on November 19th through the 26th.

Curious if there are any suggestions for a 2 bedroom preferred view. We are a family of four with two little girls (will have a stroller), and will be inviting my in-laws to stay with us.

Ask for close to Skyliner IMO

It's hard to go wrong though since the resort is so compact.

You could say low floor but honestly elevators are super quick.

Ask for close to Skyliner IMO

It's hard to go wrong though since the resort is so compact.

You could say low floor but honestly elevators are super quick.
Would the low floor be due to elevator wait times? Do you think saving time on elevators trumps the view from a high floor?

Would the low floor be due to elevator wait times? Do you think saving time on elevators trumps the view from a high floor?

Low floor just avoids elevator completely possibly.

No issue though with elevators for us and we had 6 with a stroller so a full ride each time.

Close to skyliner like would be what I would personally request.

Apologies if this has been written before. I have not looked at back pages. Do you think this might be a good time to write DVC and let them know you are more interested in VGF than RIV because of RIV resale restrictions?

Give me a moment to explain. I don’t think the DVC guides do a good job of explaining the resale restrictions to new buyers. And since RIV is a new resort; a lot of people aren’t selling yet, and there is very little heat. But us DVC owners on this board are well informed. I was just wondering if it would be worth writing DVC and letting them know they are losing out on sales to a competitive option (VGF) because of resale restrictions.

This has nothing to do with VGF. Even if you hate the resort, it may still be worth pretending you have interest in a letter to DVC. If they never drop the resale restrictions, I’ll live with them because I love the RIV. But I’d be lying if I say I love them. I’d also say it makes me hesitant to buy more points. And if DVC is going to continue to refurb resorts and put them into existing condo associations, I think it’s unfair that RIV stands alone as the only one with these restrictions. Plus, in a less eloquent way of explaining it, I think the restrictions are just DUMB.

Anyhow, I plan to write. I did actually buy 200 points at VGF, so I plan to use that as my angle. You can write whatever story you see fit. But i think this might be one of the better times to organize and put heat on DVC since VGF has gone on sale. Of course, if writing doesn’t work for you, I understand. It’s just an idea.

Apologies if this has been written before. I have not looked at back pages. Do you think this might be a good time to write DVC and let them know you are more interested in VGF than RIV because of RIV resale restrictions?

Give me a moment to explain. I don’t think the DVC guides do a good job of explaining the resale restrictions to new buyers. And since RIV is a new resort; a lot of people aren’t selling yet, and there is very little heat. But us DVC owners on this board are well informed. I was just wondering if it would be worth writing DVC and letting them know they are losing out on sales to a competitive option (VGF) because of resale restrictions.

This has nothing to do with VGF. Even if you hate the resort, it may still be worth pretending you have interest in a letter to DVC. If they never drop the resale restrictions, I’ll live with them because I love the RIV. But I’d be lying if I say I love them. I’d also say it makes me hesitant to buy more points. And if DVC is going to continue to refurb resorts and put them into existing condo associations, I think it’s unfair that RIV stands alone as the only one with these restrictions. Plus, in a less eloquent way of explaining it, I think the restrictions are just DUMB.

Anyhow, I plan to write. I did actually buy 200 points at VGF, so I plan to use that as my angle. You can write whatever story you see fit. But i think this might be one of the better times to organize and put heat on DVC since VGF has gone on sale. Of course, if writing doesn’t work for you, I understand. It’s just an idea.
I’m in the exact same boat. I want to add 100 more RIV points under the new incentive but am most likely going to add 75 at VGF as I don’t think having so many points invested in a resort with the restrictions is smart. It’s sad because I would do much rather buy more RIV.

The guides may not explain it…they don’t explain a lot of how the program works…but you can’t buy it without knowing and specifically signing a document regarding it.

That is not to say people should not write, but they should send it to DVD and not DVCMC as DVD is the one who develops and makes the rules for how resorts enter the system and those restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter