• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

All in all, really great trip. A couple things to be cognizant of:

1) No issues with Lyft on this trip. The Lyfts seem to park close by to the Resort so we never waited more than a few minutes for one to pull up after it was ordered. I also never had an issue calling one - which was a nice surprised considering how hard they are to get in my home city & some of the other cities I've visited recently for work. We ordered a Lyft XL to the airport from RR and it was $38 and then I tipped $10 to get to $48.

2) Rooms are super nice, as you all know. Noticed some chips on the furniture here & there, but nothing that made me super disappointed. Just normal wear & tear. We declined housekeeping, but our trash was emptied every day, which was nice. When we did need housekeeping items, we called, and the housekeeping CM delivered the items in a Disney laundry bag.

3) Did have a slight issue with someone smoking inside their hotel room & the smoke coming into my room (2nd bedroom) via the central air vent. I was not pleased with this, but the team responded very professionally and did what they could, given that it was a tricky situation. One thing to note though is that when you call the 'front desk' button on the in-room phone, you are getting the Disney call center, not the front desk. Even though I reported the issue at 5am one morning, the message apparently never made it to the hotel team. When I smelled the smoke again the next day at 11pm, I traipsed down to the lobby in my PJs and mentioned the situation and it was the first time the front desk team had heard of the issue. I'm not sure what warranted the breakdown in communication, but I wanted to share this with you all in case you have an issue. And this goes to all Disney resorts - not just RR.

4) Food options were great - we dined at Primo Piatto quite a bit during different meal periods.

5) Upon returning from the parks via skyliner one day ~4pm, we saw Donald, Goofy, and Pluto waving from the 2nd floor (lobby) balcony overlooking the central courtyard. Not sure if they do this every day, but it was a really nice touch & made me smile. I really loved seeing characters on this trip - even if it was from a distance. Topolino's was also fantastic. That song they play when all the characters come out & dance is so catchy. I'm humming it right now...

6) The artwork scavenger hunt & prize is really cute - get the card & stickers from the DVC kiosk in the lobby. The rec room also has 2 different scavenger hunts - one for the Skyliner resorts & another one that I can't remember. There's certainly a lot to do on property.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can answer. Sad to be back from the World - it was a great trip - price increases and all!

One thing to note though is that when you call the 'front desk' button on the in-room phone, you are getting the Disney call center, not the front desk.
Unfortunately, this has been the case for a very long time. I’m sorry you weren’t aware already and hope a lot of people will see your report. We would probably call Housekeeping or Maintenance for a problem - when you touch those buttons, you get someone at WDW, at least.

Unfortunately, this has been the case for a very long time. I’m sorry you weren’t aware already and hope a lot of people will see your report. We would probably call Housekeeping or Maintenance for a problem - when you touch those buttons, you get someone at WDW, at least.

To be clear, I was aware of this issue - but when I woke up smelling smoke at 5am in the morning, it can be a little off putting. I didn't want to make myself presentable and really just wanted to report the issue, clear the smoke, and go back to sleep. I assumed calling the "front desk" - even if it went to a call center - would address the situation. The woman I spoke to was kind, empathetic, apologized, and assured me that she would take care of it & call security. Silly me - now I know that that was not the case. I'll be sure to remember at 5am in the morning the next time it happens!

To be clear, I was aware of this issue - but when I woke up smelling smoke at 5am in the morning, it can be a little off putting. I didn't want to make myself presentable and really just wanted to report the issue, clear the smoke, and go back to sleep. I assumed calling the "front desk" - even if it went to a call center - would address the situation. The woman I spoke to was kind, empathetic, apologized, and assured me that she would take care of it & call security. Silly me - now I know that that was not the case. I'll be sure to remember at 5am in the morning the next time it happens!
It just occurred to me that you might send an email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and report this, with date and time. They need to be made aware so they can investigate and figure out where the message was dropped and why no action was taken.

Hi All,

My wife and I will be staying at Riviera for the first time in May for a hopeful Moonlight Magic trip to HS (can't wait to go back to Topolino's too!). We have a tower studio booked, but I'm a bit confused by the room request options. The only ones they give you are "Near Lobby", "Near Elevator", and "Near Skyliner"... Do any of these really matter? I'm only interested in a higher floor (with preferably a view of Epcot), so any suggestions on what to select? Maybe call ahead?

Thanks!

Hi All,

My wife and I will be staying at Riviera for the first time in May for a hopeful Moonlight Magic trip to HS (can't wait to go back to Topolino's too!). We have a tower studio booked, but I'm a bit confused by the room request options. The only ones they give you are "Near Lobby", "Near Elevator", and "Near Skyliner"... Do any of these really matter? I'm only interested in a higher floor (with preferably a view of Epcot), so any suggestions on what to select? Maybe call ahead?

Thanks!
Ignore that section of online checkin. Contact MS via chat, email or phone and submit your request of "high floor, view of Epcot." Done!

Ignore that section of online checkin. Contact MS via chat, email or phone and submit your request of "high floor, view of Epcot." Done!
And then be prepared you may get none of that. We asked for high floor and got… ground floor. Tee hee. Can’t hurt to ask but always be prepared for the worst and be delighted when you sometimes get exactly what you want (especially with so few Tower Studios - some which probably aren’t declared and they have one as a model for tours). Have a great trip!!

Hi All,

Thanks!

We submitted a room request through TouringPlans.com. I believe you have to have a subscription to do so. Of the three tower studios on each floor, I suggest requesting the middle studio for the best views. When I did a TP request, I edited their text, just using the middle room on the top 3 floors. We ended up with the middle on the 5th floor. Oh, and you don’t want the top floor room. It’s an accessible room with a bathtub instead of the walk-in shower.

We submitted a room request through TouringPlans.com. I believe you have to have a subscription to do so. Of the three tower studios on each floor, I suggest requesting the middle studio for the best views. When I did a TP request, I edited their text, just using the middle room on the top 3 floors. We ended up with the middle on the 5th floor. Oh, and you don’t want the top floor room. It’s an accessible room with a bathtub instead of the walk-in shower.
Thank you - this is great info!

Yes limited to guests of Topolinos (you have to walk through the restaurant to get out onto the terrace). Closed during bad weather. Great sunset views and Epcot fireworks. Does not pipe in music like over at CA Grill.

Yes, we’ve seen many many groups come through the resort. Definitely make a ressie if you can. However, there always seems like there are many DVC CMs in the lobby so I’m sure you wouldn’t have to wait too long if you showed up.
We were there for dinner this past NYE and watched fireworks out on the terrace and they had the harmonious music being piped in. When we were there in October there was no music being piped in so hopefully they started doing this regularly.

We were there for dinner this past NYE and watched fireworks out on the terrace and they had the harmonious music being piped in. When we were there in October there was no music being piped in so hopefully they started doing this regularly.
I agree! We were there mid December and there was no music. Someone else on the terrace was saying Disney couldn’t decide how to do both Fantasmic and Harmonious so they decided to do nothing. I don’t know how accurate that is. I would pick Harmonious over Fantasmic for sure! Hopefully this stays!

What does everyone recommend for Standard View Studio room requests? Staying for a our first time in early August.

Does anyone know what floor topolinos is on? I want to request a high floor in the east wing but don’t want to be directly underneath the restaurant. We were stuck underneath the restaurant in September and it was so loud. I constantly heard tables and chairs being moved around.

Please add: 11/8-12/2022 Standard 1BR.

Our trip in December was great, other than my October knee injury. MRI after the trip revealed torn meniscus and cartilage damage. Had arthroscopic surgery today and was notified that I have extensive arthritis. Getting old is not fun, but already have two trips planned for this year, bad knee or not.

Our 2BR referred room was perfect for our family of six, all our “kids“ are over 17. And DDs finance came for his first “real” Disney vacation. Pleased to say he passed our all-out Disney touring methods.

DH was apprehensive since we bought sight unseen and he didn't expect to like the RIV. He loves AKL/AKV, so first addonitis addiction resulted in ”his” points a few months after initial purchase at RIV (at $107pp a year ago, I am not complaining!}. But he absolutely loves the resort and the Skyliner was awesome. La Petite Cafe and Bar Riva were visited daily even though we brought a full bag of freshly ground coffee from home. He also walked around Caribbean Beach while I iced my knee. did Topolino’s for breakfast on check out, and the food was absolutely awesome and the best meal of our trip. Happy to answer any questions or post pictures if interested.

So, we have a VGF/RIV split stay in November. Would like to try BCV or BWV soon, but expect availability during F&W to be scarce. Definitely won’t be disappointed if we end our stay at Riviera.
I added your trip to BoG list. Sounds like it was a great trip. That's great DD's fiancé fits in. Nothing worse than traveling to Disney with people who aren't on your vibe. Glad the husband was surprised. I think Riviera tends to surpass expectation once you've stayed.

My wife and daughter will be with me in a 1 bedroom - standard room for March 12-20 while I have to work a few days at the HIMSS22 conference.
Sounds great! Did you want me to add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1?

We'll be in a standard studio from 2/27-3/2. One night before at BLT theme park view and then 4 nights after at Copper Creek. I may be out cheering for half marathon runners.
Sorry I'm so behind with updating it and your trip is close, but did you want me to add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1?

March 6-10
Added! I wish my trip was this close! Did you want me to add the room type too?

October 28- Nov 3rd, 1 bedroom PV
Added! Halloween trip sounds awesome!

December 9-15 2022: preferred studio
January 13-17 2023: standard studio
Added!

alice-in-wonder December 27-January 1, Deluxe Studio SV
I added 3 trips... did I get all of them?

RIVIERA'S BE OUR GUEST LIST
Will you be joining us at the Riviera? Comment on this thread with your dates to be added below!

January
Jimmy Mouse: January 2-8
Sandisw: January 10-12, 1-Bedroom SV
Transferteck: Jan 13-17, Tower Studio
IceSkatingPrincess: January 14-19, 1-Bedroom SV
MamaJessie: January 17-22, Studio
Akck: January 17-21, Deluxe Studio

February
BradW: February 1-5, 1-Bedroom PV, Welcome Home Trip
Sandisw: February 8-10, 1-Bedroom SV
Evita_W: February 8-17
Transferteck: February 13-15, Tower Studio
havoc315: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
Lorana: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
brazzledazzler: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jdd: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jamesweikamp: February 28 - March 6, Tower Studio

March
Mrs.Potts521: March 6-10
Sandisw: March 7, Deluxe Studio SV

April
SoCalDCLfan: April 6-9, Tower Studio
Sandisw: April 23-26, Deluxe Studio SV

May
brazzledazzler: May 22-26, Deluxe Studio SV
PoohsFan1: May 23 - June 3, 1-Bedroom SV

June
eeyoreme: June 3-9, -Bedroom Lock off SV
summerw: June 5-9, 2-Bedroom SV

July
alice-in-wonder: July 31, Tower Studio

August
alice-in-wonder, August 5-6, Deluxe Studio PV
b00kbug: August 24 - September 4, 2-Bedroom, SV, Welcome Home Trip

September
McFlame: September 07-20, 1-Bedroom SV

October
evr25160: October 28- Nov 3rd, 1-Bedroom PV

November
kandlsutton: November 8-12, 1-Bedroom SV

December
J-Dog: December 4-12, Grand Villa
IceSkatingPrincess: December 9-15, Deluxe Studio PV
alice-in-wonder: December 27-January 1, Deluxe Studio SV

January

IceSkatingPrincess, January 13-17, Deluxe Studio SV

PAST TRIPS

April
summerw: April 24-28, Deluxe Studio SV
Akck: April 24-27, Tower Studio

May
TinkB278: May 15-20, 1-Bedroom SV
kanerf: May 16-18, Deluxe Studio
DISguyDennis: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio SV
Doberge: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio PV

June
happenin2you: June 14-18, 1 Bedroom PV
Dicentras: June 19-23, 2-Bedroom LO SV
PixiePlns: June 19-26 1-Bedroom

July
nataliz: July 7-14, 2-Bedroom PV
ninafeliz: July 9-17, 2-Bedroom LO SV
UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 18&19, Tower Studio + 20&21, Deluxe Studio + 22-27, 2-Bedroom

August
Diane Kompan: August 13-22
MomOTwins: August 14-18, Welcome Home Trip
havoc315: August 14-22, Welcome Home Trip, 2-Bedroom LO PV
Pills: August 14-25, Deluxe Studio SV
jasonplusliz: August 22-28, 1-Bedroom SV
Thegoatfeeder: August 30-September 8
Turn the Page: August 30-September 6, 1-Bedroom SV

September
transferteck: September 1-3, Tower Studio
bigAWL: September 8-11, 1-Bedroom PV
IceSkatingPrincess: September 9-14, Welcome Home Trip, Deluxe Studio SV (9-11), 1-Bedroom SV (11-14)
csmommy: September 12-14, Tower Studio
tdonnell56: September 14-17, 1 & 2 Bedroom
Anthony Vito: September 30-October 3, Deluxe Studio SV

October
Jimmy Mouse: October 3-9
Sandisw (DD): October 15-19, Deluxe Studio SV
EhlersDoDisney: October 22-26, Deluxe Studio SV (Our Welcome Home Trip!)
Sandisw: October 26-28, 2-Bedroom SV
Turn the Page: October 27-30, Deluxe Studio SV

November
ForWhomTheMouseTolls: November 4 -11
LSchrow: November 7-9, 1-Bedroom SV
princessophiali: November 12-19, Deluxe Studio
Sydnerella: November 19-28, 1-Bedroom PV

December
jamesweikamp: December 4-11, 2-Bedroom PV
Thegoatfeeder: December 5-10
Dmvoight: December 10-19, 1-Bedroom PV
kandlsutton: December 11-18, 2-Bedroom PV
disneydreamer781: December 14-16, Deluxe Studio SV
Mike9865: December 17-24, 1-Bedroom PV
kboo: December 19-23, Deluxe Studio SV
summerw: December 26-31, 1-Bedroom SV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter