• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Oh the Epcot evening hours for Deluxe sucked FYI unless you wanted to wait about an hour before doing anything.

We could do Frozen and Ratatouille quicker this morning in the early hours than we could at night.

Better hope for MK.

I can't say too much because we spent over an hour of it stuck on Spaceship Earth. It was a walk on right at 10 on December 27. The ride would go 20 feet and then stop again. It was maddening. And a real bummer since I'd convinced DH and DS to ride after the last time we were stuck on it for an hour sitting backwards.
Then we managed to make it to Ratatouille right before the end of the hours where there was no wait at all. We got some great pics of that area with no one in it. Also the ride back with no line on the Skyliner was great! They did give us a LL pass for something the next day. It was very limited though.

We rode People Mover, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Pirates, Peter Pan and Seven Dwarves twice and still left early at MK. I think you'll have good luck there!

Glad you had a great trip and thanks for keeping up this thread!

Yes, please add us - December 4-12, 2022 in a GV at RIV.

Thanks!
You all keep this thread as much as I do so you're welcome and thank YOU! I added you. You're staying in a Grand Villa?!? Oh the jealousy. Please come and give a review afterwards. I'm even jealous of the doorbell, let alone every giant and beautifully finished room!

You all keep this thread as much as I do so you're welcome and thank YOU! I added you. You're staying in a Grand Villa?!? Oh the jealousy. Please come and give a review afterwards. I'm even jealous of the doorbell, let alone every giant and beautifully finished room!
Thanks so much. Yes, we're doing a 3-bedroom with banked points, but with the points charts changing in December, this will probably be the one and only time that happens. I will definitely give a review afterwards. Thanks again!

Hey everyone! My family just joined DVC (Riviera) this past week and plan to schedule a welcome home orientation in the coming days. Is it true that they may be able to book our first visit even during a time of year that does not show availability on the website? We were hoping to go a few days during the first week of April.

Great news! We were able to book a studio from 4/3-4/6 during the orientation call. We’re really looking forward to the trip. Thanks for the advice!

Updates my trips..March 9 to 11 is now 1 bedroom SV and July 21st to July 23rd is Studio SV.

December 11 to 14th, 2 bedroom SV.

I do have a September trip planned but not sure yet it is a go.

Oh the Epcot evening hours for Deluxe sucked FYI unless you wanted to wait about an hour before doing anything.

We could do Frozen and Ratatouille quicker this morning in the early hours than we could at night.

Better hope for MK.

Curious… We arrived Monday and did the evening hours too. We waited 15-20 minutes each for both rides. We did wait 5-10 minutes for the crowds to clear after the show before heading over to Frozen. By the time we finished, there was no line at the spot where they were checking resorts and the line ended somewhere inside. Likewise, at Ratatouille, the line was just before the entrance. When we got out, there was no line outside.

Better hope for MK.

We had a weird experience with this as well. It was I guess partly our fault, we'd already done Frozen and Ratatouille and maybe we should have done a bit more research but we kind of figured more things would be open than were. We walked round World Show case to do Ratatouille again from Test Track the long way round (through Mexico etc), thinking some of the pavilion shops or food booths would be open (this was early December), but literally everything was closed and for large parts of the walk we literally didn't see a soul, it was really weird and kinda creepy!

We did Ratatouille but the park was still dead, we had considered walking round the rest of World showcase, but just decided to take the Skyliner back to Riviera.

As others have said, the MK evening hours is much better (I still kind of have issues with the whole concept, but once I got passed the whole perks for being deluxe thing, it was great), we did loads of rides and there was lots more stuff open.

Maybe we just got a bad night at Epcot, but yeah, I was amazed that pretty much everything (other than rides) was shut.

On a totally unrelated note, this is by no means a complaint, the CMs do an amazing job, and there is nothing that can be done differently, but just a word of warning I guess. If you are using an ECV (or any other mobility device), the Skyliner line at Epcot at park close, even after the deluxe event, is kind of brutal, as I say, theres nothing that can be done, but just be prepared you may be waiting a while. I think it was a good 30 - 40 minutes for us on a couple of occasions because there were quite a few other ECV users in front of us.

Hi, All. Sorry it's taken me a minute to get back on track from our Christmas trip. I've gone right into costuming my son's show and a work deadline, but I'm catching up.

Welcome home! Would you like me to add your trip to the Be Our Guest List on the first page? And there's still something special about staying on your points even if it's not at Riviera.
I usually request "Epcot view" which has worked 2 out of the 3 stays. You could also ask for "fireworks view." These are both of course if you're putting the request in with member services as opposed to just using their choices from he drop down. Be sure not to pick anything from he drop downs if you do call in.

Thank you so much for the tips! I do need to contact Member Services and get that request in before too much time passes. I do think I selected "Near Elevator" in the drop down, but can't recall if it was the November or February trip where I already did that. I think Feb. I will review it though.

Yes, please add the November trip to the Guest List. So you don't have to hunt back, we are going November 23rd-29th, 2 Bedroom Standard View, Riviera.

Thanks again!

When does everyone anticipate a skyliner expansion, with a direct line from RIV to Springs?

I don't think anything has ever been said other than conjecture and theory. I have seen lots of time people throwing out the possibility of a route extending from HS to AK and AKL via Blizzard Beach, that idea seems to have been around for quite a while, its a big big distance though and even if they were considering it, it wouldn't happen for years and years I wouldn't have thought.

Extension to DS makes a lot of sense, but again, I guess they don't throw these things up over night. I have seen a theory that if and when Brightline open a train station at DS it would make sense for a Skyliner extension to Springs to be built for the same sort of target date. They were aiming on a 2026 completion date for that rail connection, but it was put on indefinite hold last year I believe following failure to agree on a route, so by this point its anyones guess whether that finally happens.

Sorry for the wordy response, just my thoughts on it. The below image was on Reddit, so not sure who to credit, but it has been passed around for a few years, I guess this is like the 'dream' scenario, from this view it does make sense, its basically a straight line, but the time and money involved would be crazy and I personally don't see it being hugely likely.

line, but the time and money involved would be crazy and I personally don't see it being hugely likely.

if a ski resort can build a new cable car system in the off season, in 4 months or less, in much more challenging environs, with a much tighter cash flow and profit margins than the world’s largest entertainment conglomerate, I don’t see why DIS couldn‘t pull this off

if a ski resort can build a new cable car system in the off season, in 4 months or less, in much more challenging environs, with a much tighter cash flow and profit margins than the world’s largest entertainment conglomerate, I don’t see why DIS couldn‘t pull this off

One of the challenges, if the Skyliner requires a new station at either RIV or AKL for the extension, could be the cost of building that station being charged to the owners and/or an increase in annual dues for maintenance. Of course, Disney could just eat that cost, but I'm sure this will be a challenge.

One of the challenges, if the Skyliner requires a new station at either RIV or AKL for the extension, could be the cost of building that station being charged to the owners and/or an increase in annual dues for maintenance. Of course, Disney could just eat that cost, but I'm sure this will be a challenge.
I don’t know whether they’d share part of the capital cost of building the new lines, but all DVC resorts pay a share of the operating costs for any transportation associated with that resort. The Transportation line item in the RIV budget is already much higher than any other DVC resort, presumably for operations and ongoing maintenance of the Skyliner.

I have seen lots of time people throwing out the possibility of a route extending from HS to AK and AKL via Blizzard Beach

That is simply something people thought up.

The expansion to Disney Springs was actually talked about by someone who was working on the Skyliner setup by the manufacturer.

I suspect any plans are delayed until the current system doesn't have downtime issues and they can start running it through higher win and storms.

We will be there May 15-22. We have a 2 bedroom preferred view. What room requests should we make? Can someone explain what the room numbers stand for again I've forgotten. I know one is floor... Thanks for the help!

We will be there May 15-22. We have a 2 bedroom preferred view. What room requests should we make? Can someone explain what the room numbers stand for again I've forgotten. I know one is floor... Thanks for the help!
If you are subscribed to Touring Plans - their Room Finder is the best/easiest way to decide what room you want to request. I'm fairly sure that they have maps of all WDW resorts - they definitely do for Riviera.

If you are subscribed to Touring Plans - their Room Finder is the best/easiest way to decide what room you want to request. I'm fairly sure that they have maps of all WDW resorts - they definitely do for Riviera.

There is also a room map on the first page of this thread. PV will generally look out over the pool. The room numbers are all 8XXX. The first number is meaningless, the second says what floor you are on, and the last two the location in the building.

We just returned from a stay in a 2 bedroom. We had a great time though I will say the experience in the parks has made me second guess adding points on. The after hours event was great for me- I stayed with 2 daughters (7 and 9) while my husband took our sleeping 4 year old and his parents (with an ECV) back to riviera. We went on frozen right after fireworks, then booked to soarin which was maybe 10 min wait, then we ended the night with remys twice! We made it back to RIV only 20 minutes after my husband and his parents. My biggest pet peeve with RIV was eating out of paper boxes all week at primo piatto! On our last day I couldn’t even get a paper plate to split my kids food because they were out, then we walked over to check out Caribbean beach and they were serving food on regular dishes.

We just returned from a stay in a 2 bedroom. We had a great time though I will say the experience in the parks has made me second guess adding points on. The after hours event was great for me- I stayed with 2 daughters (7 and 9) while my husband took our sleeping 4 year old and his parents (with an ECV) back to riviera. We went on frozen right after fireworks, then booked to soarin which was maybe 10 min wait, then we ended the night with remys twice! We made it back to RIV only 20 minutes after my husband and his parents. My biggest pet peeve with RIV was eating out of paper boxes all week at primo piatto! On our last day I couldn’t even get a paper plate to split my kids food because they were out, then we walked over to check out Caribbean beach and they were serving food on regular dishes.
Is there more? It sounds like so many great things and it's just one thing you mentioned that (while you shouldn't have to) you could pack a few paper plates and solve. If there are more things that you're not fond of / hate at Riviera then yes I'd question adding on but hopefully they will return to plates at some point. That said, if it's something that truly drives you nuts I totally get it - something that seems like a minor inconvenience to someone can completely ruin an amazing experience for someone else. Like the scent of a resort or the music they play could be be no big deal for most but a deal breaker for some. But hopefully Primo will offer plates again soon and it's temporary thing. On the plus side... you are in the position to add on somewhere - maybe VGF2 or VGC is a great option. Jealous of your after hours experience - they weren't doing that the last time I was there - sounds awesome!

I agree with you re: Primo Piatto. It’s the resort’s main restaurant — most are only going to eat at Topolino’s once or twice — since there’s no casual TS restaurants. They really need to go back to serving you the food on real dishes with real utensils.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter