• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Thank you!

Im trying to decide if I just want to be on the same floor as the lobby for ease of getting in and out quickly or if the view is worth it? im not the biggest fan of elevators

Stairs unless you have a stroller you could do.

Low floors are not terrible either because unlike preferred views there really isn't a sidewalk right outside you balcony.

Stairs unless you have a stroller you could do.

Low floors are not terrible either because unlike preferred views there really isn't a sidewalk right outside you balcony.

What do you mean by Preferred views there really isn't a sidewalk outside your balcony?

also are stairs easy to access

What do you mean by Preferred views there really isn't a sidewalk outside your balcony?

also are stairs easy to access

Red is the preferred views and green is standard views. Side walks don't run in front of the standard views unlike the preferred views. So if you are on a low floor in a standard view you won't have someone walking right under or next to your balcony.

Hi everyone - I've been lurking on here for a while. Looking forward to our first stay at Riviera next month. A couple questions for those of you who have been recently:

1) How stocked is the gift shop? I'm hoping to score the original RR mug that changes color with heat along with some ears and perhaps a new shirt. :)
2) Does the line for Le Petit Cafe get long when it opens at 7am? Seems like a lot of (planning) things happen at 7am and I really wish I could have coffee before having to play on my phone.
3) I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I just can't find it: Do they pipe in the Epcot Harmonious fireworks music in the Topolino's dining room? What about on the balcony (if one doesn't score a window table)? Do they allow guests without a window table to get up during the middle of the meal to watch from the balcony? I love the set up at California Grill (with MK fireworks) so I'm hoping it's the same idea - lowered lights, piped in music, service pauses so guests can take in the fireworks either at their table or on the balcony.

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone! My family just joined DVC (Riviera) this past week and plan to schedule a welcome home orientation in the coming days. Is it true that they may be able to book our first visit even during a time of year that does not show availability on the website? We were hoping to go a few days during the first week of April.

Hey everyone! My family just joined DVC (Riviera) this past week and plan to schedule a welcome home orientation in the coming days. Is it true that they may be able to book our first visit even during a time of year that does not show availability on the website? We were hoping to go a few days during the first week of April.

Yes. If this is your first purchase and direct from Disney, member services can sometimes pull from cash inventory for your “welcome home” trip. Make sure you call. Don’t book online.

1) How stocked is the gift shop? I'm hoping to score the original RR mug that changes color with heat along with some ears and perhaps a new shirt. :)
2) Does the line for Le Petit Cafe get long when it opens at 7am? Seems like a lot of (planning) things happen at 7am and I really wish I could have coffee before having to play on my phone.
3) I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I just can't find it: Do they pipe in the Epcot Harmonious fireworks music in the Topolino's dining room? What about on the balcony (if one doesn't score a window table)? Do they allow guests without a window table to get up during the middle of the meal to watch from the balcony? I love the set up at California Grill (with MK fireworks) so I'm hoping it's the same idea - lowered lights, piped in music, service pauses so guests can take in the fireworks either at their table or on the balcony.
1) The gift shop is relatively small, but in my opinion, it's stocked nicely with things you won't find anywhere else. I do doubt they have the original RR mug you're looking for though. I was there a week ago and saw wine glasses in the morning. I went back that evening to purchase and they were sold out. C'est la vie...
2) There will be a line when Le Petit Cafe opens. Maybe 7/8 people deep? I bet this varies morning to morning and someone who goes more often will have better insight. I tend to just make coffee in the room to avoid lines first thing.
3) They do not pipe Epcot Harmonious music into Topolino's dining room. They do allow you to leave your table and step out onto the balcony during the show. Let your server know you plan to do this and they will pause service for you to do so. The fireworks/show is a little distant, but I love the balcony of Topolino's!
Wishing you a great stay at one of my favorites!!

1) The gift shop is relatively small, but in my opinion, it's stocked nicely with things you won't find anywhere else. I do doubt they have the original RR mug you're looking for though. I was there a week ago and saw wine glasses in the morning. I went back that evening to purchase and they were sold out. C'est la vie...
2) There will be a line when Le Petit Cafe opens. Maybe 7/8 people deep? I bet this varies morning to morning and someone who goes more often will have better insight. I tend to just make coffee in the room to avoid lines first thing.
3) They do not pipe Epcot Harmonious music into Topolino's dining room. They do allow you to leave your table and step out onto the balcony during the show. Let your server know you plan to do this and they will pause service for you to do so. The fireworks/show is a little distant, but I love the balcony of Topolino's!
Wishing you a great stay at one of my favorites!!
Thank you, Dana. I will report back!

Hi, All. Sorry it's taken me a minute to get back on track from our Christmas trip. I've gone right into costuming my son's show and a work deadline, but I'm catching up.
The trip was amazing. I don't know if it's because of the park reservation system, but it was definitely not as crowded as I was expecting. Lines weren't short but I never felt that squeeze just walking that I've come to expect from holidays.
Riviera was amazing as always. We booked a standard but got upgraded to a preferred overlooking the splash area. It was beautiful. I couldn't help but mourn my last room with a view of Epcot though. I got so spoiled with that!
We didn't rope drop so I can't comment how that was working, but we did wait about 20-25 minutes at park close from Epcot one night. We rode alone except when there was a significant line.
The pool was heated, but it was 85 that week. Lol.
Still no Monte Cristo, but everything else was good.

Ask any questions!

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list:
(kboo)
Dec 19-23 studio SV
Dec 30-Jan 2 studio SV

Past stays:
Dec 2019 - 1br SV
April 2021 - stu SV
August 2021 - 1br SV
Sorry I missed getting it on there before you left, but I added you to past trips.

We are officially owners at RIV. We bought 75 direct points earlier this month. We took a tour back in September. DW and I loved the resort primarily for our adults only trip once a year. This is our second home resort, we also own at PVB. Can't wait for our first stay there.
Welcome Home!!

Sep 07-20 1 Bedroom SV
Added. That's a long trip! And in a 1-bedroom... so jealous! :-)

Feb 8 to 17
Updated!

We bought about a month ago at Riviera, our first stay there will be November 23rd-29th in a 2 Bedroom SV (Non-Lockoff).

Our "Welcome Home" stay will be at BoardWalk in a 1BR this February. I wish it was at RIV, but we wanted to save as many points as possible for the bigger November trip and our guide was able to get us the 1BR at BoardWalk despite it showing no availability, so we went for it.

I would like for us to be able to see the fireworks from our RIV room, and I thought I read some rooms are firework view, even for Standard, is that true? I was going to put in a room request, to at least take a shot, but if there aren't any then I don't want to waste their time.

Thanks all! Really looking forward to these trips and many more!

Welcome home! Would you like me to add your trip to the Be Our Guest List on the first page? And there's still something special about staying on your points even if it's not at Riviera.
I usually request "Epcot view" which has worked 2 out of the 3 stays. You could also ask for "fireworks view." These are both of course if you're putting the request in with member services as opposed to just using their choices from he drop down. Be sure not to pick anything from he drop downs if you do call in.

Awesome! Hope you have a great time!

Like you, we were trying to go November 31st-39th, but that non-existent November week was all booked. So we're going December 4th-11th instead. 😝
I missed that week's availability. So many glitches lately! Would you like me to add your to the Be Our Guest List.

Yes, we had a standard view 1 BR with an excellent view of the Epcot fireworks. Somewhere on DISboards is a thread with RIV room numbers, views and photos, and a photo of the view from our balcony is in there. It was February 2020. I'd just request a high floor.
There's a link to the view thread under "Rooms" in the first post.

New Riviera owner here and just booked our Welcome Home trip for March 30-April 2nd. Was hoping for a Tower Studio, but our Orientation Guide said she could book us a Deluxe Studio Standard or Preferred. Splurged and went with the Preferred! Excited the Guide could get us the room since the member site said nothing was available during that time period.
Welcome Home! That's great they were able to get you in! Would you like me to add your trip to the Be Our Guest List on the first page?

New RIV owner/first time buyer! Can't wait for our first stay this fall in a 1 BR.
Welcome Home! If you'd like me to add your trip to our Be Our Guest List on the first page, just post the dates and room size. :-)

Just booked our 2 bedroom standard for December 9-11!
Would you like me to add your trip to the Be Our Guest List on the first page?

Just booked our 2 bedroom preferred for November 19th-November 24th. First time ever having Thanksgiving dinner at Disney!

Hello! We are in a 1 bedroom standard view what is the best room requests for firework views ?
You can make that exact request if you call in to member services.

What times have rooms been ready recently?
We've often gotten ours at the time we tell them we will be there when we do online check-in. I think as early as 11 once. Once it was 4.

Skyliner opened at 7:15 from Riviera and got to CBR before Pop line started running.

Really no line yet for HS line.

9am HS opening and 830 early entry.

To HS by 7:35
Thanks for the great report! Was there a line at 7:15? What time did you get there?

Hi everyone - I've been lurking on here for a while. Looking forward to our first stay at Riviera next month. A couple questions for those of you who have been recently:

Thanks in advance!
Congrats on your first stay! I agree with how others answered you. As for the stocking, it seems like they are often out of more than a size or two on the Riviera clothing, but it's luck of the draw. The rest is definitely well stocked.

Welcome Home! And they might... it never hurts to ask. Just don't book anything yourself first. Good luck!

Oh the Epcot evening hours for Deluxe sucked FYI unless you wanted to wait about an hour before doing anything.

We could do Frozen and Ratatouille quicker this morning in the early hours than we could at night.

Better hope for MK.

Oh the Epcot evening hours for Deluxe sucked FYI unless you wanted to wait about an hour before doing anything.

We could do Frozen and Ratatouille quicker this morning in the early hours than we could at night.

Better hope for MK.

Interesting. Almost all reports have had Epcot evening hours as incredibly dead.

My experience with EPCOT and others is that you have to wait out the people that jumped in line just before park close. Then, its dead. Just go drink for a little while and then hit the rides!!

Hi, All. Sorry it's taken me a minute to get back on track from our Christmas trip. I've gone right into costuming my son's show and a work deadline, but I'm catching up.
The trip was amazing. I don't know if it's because of the park reservation system, but it was definitely not as crowded as I was expecting. Lines weren't short but I never felt that squeeze just walking that I've come to expect from holidays.
Riviera was amazing as always. We booked a standard but got upgraded to a preferred overlooking the splash area. It was beautiful. I couldn't help but mourn my last room with a view of Epcot though. I got so spoiled with that!
We didn't rope drop so I can't comment how that was working, but we did wait about 20-25 minutes at park close from Epcot one night. We rode alone except when there was a significant line.
The pool was heated, but it was 85 that week. Lol.
Still no Monte Cristo, but everything else was good.

Ask any questions!

Welcome Home!!

Added. That's a long trip! And in a 1-bedroom... so jealous! :-)

Updated!

Welcome home! Would you like me to add your trip to the Be Our Guest List on the first page? And there's still something special about staying on your points even if it's not at Riviera.
I usually request "Epcot view" which has worked 2 out of the 3 stays. You could also ask for "fireworks view." These are both of course if you're putting the request in with member services as opposed to just using their choices from he drop down. Be sure not to pick anything from he drop downs if you do call in.

I missed that week's availability. So many glitches lately! Would you like me to add your to the Be Our Guest List.

There's a link to the view thread under "Rooms" in the first post.

Welcome Home! That's great they were able to get you in! Would you like me to add your trip to the Be Our Guest List on the first page?

Welcome Home! If you'd like me to add your trip to our Be Our Guest List on the first page, just post the dates and room size. :-)

You can make that exact request if you call in to member services.

We've often gotten ours at the time we tell them we will be there when we do online check-in. I think as early as 11 once. Once it was 4.

Thanks for the great report! Was there a line at 7:15? What time did you get there?

Congrats on your first stay! I agree with how others answered you. As for the stocking, it seems like they are often out of more than a size or two on the Riviera clothing, but it's luck of the draw. The rest is definitely well stocked.

Welcome Home! And they might... it never hurts to ask. Just don't book anything yourself first. Good luck!
Glad you had a great trip and thanks for keeping up this thread!

Yes, please add us - December 4-12, 2022 in a GV at RIV.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter