***The Official October 2016 Thread***

Fixed a few things on reservations, like taking me off Ohana (sniff, sniff) because I have to leave early for work. Got a Behind the Seeds tour -- was worried DH wouldn't be interested but he was! Pretty happy about that. Doing a ton of laundry today and pulling things aside, which makes me realize that I cannot involve them in packing much beyond things like PJs and swim suits because with all the Disney stuff and USO/HP/Minion stuff, it is starting to look suspicious. And DD's wart looks so much better. It's almost healed over and she is able to walk on it. Still a little oozy but that is a good step in the healing process! But of course SOMETHING has to go wrong -- our pup has an ear infection. Sigh. So I have to take her to the vet tomorrow and DD to the dr. to check out an achy shoulder as DH is on the road. Really hoping the ear infection can heal up by the time we leave and DD's shoulder is okay (she'd separated that shoulder last year so little leery). But otherwise SIX MORE DAYS!

Aaaannnnd DS just managed to jam his finger in the shower door. Bruised and swollen. Sigh. Fingers crossed for nothing more!

Last edited:

20 days to go!!!! Well, that's actually 19 days too many, but I'll get there in the end. This will be my second solo trip to The World, and a absolutely cannot wait! Looking forward to Food and Wine, no bickering kids, the new Soarin', and maybe taking the Keys To the Kingdom tour!

We've been so lucky in previous years of visiting WDW that we had very little rain to deal with. We leave tomorrow morning for a 7 day trip and I'm watching the weather closely. Besides ponchos, any last minute tips on how to be prepared for the rain?

Anyone else concerned about Hurricane Matthew?

Late to your posting party- but love to connect.
10/27-11/4- Grand Floridian
11/4-11/5- Villa at Saratoga Springs
with DD (36) and DS (29) who has very special needs medically fragile sweetheart..Make a Wish Trip for him.
We have lots planned and some nurse breaks for me as well. Club Villian, MNSSHP on Halloween, F&W, Fantasmic Dinner package, and more F&W . Narcoosee , Raglan Road, Park 1800, DVC lounge at BLT, and more F&W . Praying for a Halloween Wishes dessert party cancelation ...Say Hi to Timmy if you see us. he will be Sabastian thr crab in his wheelchair at Party.

Late to your posting party- but love to connect.
10/27-11/4- Grand Floridian
11/4-11/5- Villa at Saratoga Springs
with DD (36) and DS (29) who has very special needs medically fragile sweetheart..Make a Wish Trip for him.
We have lots planned and some nurse breaks for me as well. Club Villian, MNSSHP on Halloween, F&W, Fantasmic Dinner package, and more F&W . Narcoosee , Raglan Road, Park 1800, DVC lounge at BLT, and more F&W . Praying for a Halloween Wishes dessert party cancelation ...Say Hi to Timmy if you see us. he will be Sabastian thr crab in his wheelchair at Party.

Hope you guys have the best trip ever !pixiedust:

And I just managed to partially separate my big toenail from the toe bed in a glory of gushing blood by accidentally kicking a bike I didn't realize was on the floor of the garage. My other cute sandals I was going to take with me? Yeah, have to stay home. 100% tennis shoes per dr's orders. Between this, DD's plantar's wart, DD's tendonitis, and DS's thankfully badly bruised finger (at least it isn't broken), I swear I am bubble wrapping this family until the end of the week.

5 days left and I'm stranglely relaxed. Then again, once I wake up Saturday morning I will probably be in a packing whirlwind. How am I supposed to get through the work week knowing I'm almost on vacation?? :P

Can't believe I just found this thread. We leave in 5 days! Staying at Yacht Club October 9 - 14! We are a mixed group. My mom, me, 4 of my kids, my brother in law and his 7 kids. My sister passed away from cancer 2 years ago and this is our first trip without her. Our last trip with her was 3 years ago. This will be bittersweet!

Can't believe I just found this thread. We leave in 5 days! Staying at Yacht Club October 9 - 14! We are a mixed group. My mom, me, 4 of my kids, my brother in law and his 7 kids. My sister passed away from cancer 2 years ago and this is our first trip without her. Our last trip with her was 3 years ago. This will be bittersweet!
Hugs to you and hope you can make some magical memories. :grouphug:

Does this help? Our yellow luggage DME tags came at 30 days in an envelope. Our magic bands came separately in a box at 28 days, same day the email said they were on the way. Underneath the bands at the bottom of the box were the plastic character luggage tags and tag fasteners. At 28 days an envelope with our itin and coupons came as well. So check every item carefully to see if it is part of what you're looking for. The yellow tags are different from the plastic credit card sized tags.
We didn't get any of the plastic character luggage tags :(.

We are single digits too. Tomorrow will be 1 week away. Even though Matthew will not impact us I am thinking of all of those there or have to travel there over the next few days. A hurricane was the one thing I was honestly worried about hitting while we were there. Don't let him ruin your trip, make adjustments around it and have fun no matter what. :thumbsup2

We are single digits too. Tomorrow will be 1 week away. Even though Matthew will not impact us I am thinking of all of those there or have to travel there over the next few days. A hurricane was the one thing I was honestly worried about hitting while we were there. Don't let him ruin your trip, make adjustments around it and have fun no matter what. :thumbsup2

I am here now and watching carefully. Asking anyone and everyone to send prayers to Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter