***The Official October 2016 Thread***

:jumping1::rainbow:9 days to go -- down to single digits! :rainbow::jumping1::dancer:party::banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cool1::cool1::cool1::dance3:

Just a wee bit excited. :blush:

Clues for the scavenger hunt (trip is a surprise to the kids) are all done. I did a Disney/USO playlist that should last almost the whole plane flight. Time to start packing in earnest!!!

How many clues did you end up with?

Ten. Seemed like a good number. 9 will be at the house and the last one will be at the airport gate. That's where they will find out. Well, about the WDW part. The USO part will be when we drive up to the hotel. :goodvibes

• Ok so I leave in 3 days. Have I started packing? NO! LOL Well, last night I pulled my suitcases out of the closet. Does that count? How many suitcases do you normally take? Last year we drove so the back seat was PACKED of shopping bags but flying now so…….Anyways, I was thinking of taking 2 BIG suitcases. Split up the packing going and coming back would be one for clothes and the other for shopping (I love to shop) but then I’m wondering if I should take a little carry on. OMG, stop the insanity. Would I overdo it? Did I mention we are only going for 4 days??
    :smickey:

• Ok so I leave in 3 days. Have I started packing? NO! LOL Well, last night I pulled my suitcases out of the closet. Does that count? How many suitcases do you normally take? Last year we drove so the back seat was PACKED of shopping bags but flying now so…….Anyways, I was thinking of taking 2 BIG suitcases. Split up the packing going and coming back would be one for clothes and the other for shopping (I love to shop) but then I’m wondering if I should take a little carry on. OMG, stop the insanity. Would I overdo it? Did I mention we are only going for 4 days??

It depends on who you ask -- for my DH, he alone takes up one huge suitcase. Seriously, he is ridiculous about overpacking especially considering how much he travels and how light he does travel with work. We are going for 10 days and I have to go straight to a business trip so we are taking 2 large suitcases and one medium. Might take a duffel bag in one of the suitcases as well. Just have to wait and see. Personally I think you take what you like and who cares what people think!

Super worried!!!!!!! Confirmed magical express and all things are good. However, last night we were frantic trying to find our luggage tags that came a few weeks ago. We put them with all of our important papers. Nothing. Called Customer Service last night and they are going to send out another set but it takes 10 business days. I don't think we'll get them in time. *TEARS* We leave Oct. 4. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Just wanted to update: We tore the house upside down looking for the DME luggage tags. After DH swore he never touched them they were found in his briefcase (smh). YEA!!!! Then the replacement luggage tags came 6 days before they said they would arrive. YEA YEA!!!! Not only that but they sent an extra set so now we have a total of 3 sets of DME luggage tags!!! YEA YEA YEA!!!! :D Disney will always take care of you above and beyond. Now I just gotta start packing!

We leave Saturday and today my DD10 broke her wrist. Ugh! I hope she's not miserable the entire time.

Don't feel bad about taking two big suitcases...DH always ask if I think we are going to a Remote island where there won't be a store ! Even though we stay at BLT and have a washer/dryer I still bring a big suitcase and a small duffle as checked bags and then a rolling carry on for all my Disney shopping. If you are not flying then you are only limited by how many suitcases can fit in the car...lucky you !:flower1:

Can't wait to read everyone's post on food and wine festival and crowds. Pictures too please!

Three weeks and counting !:banana:

Yeah, I'm a serious overpacker. I think I took our entire bathroom/medicine cabinet on our last trip! Mind you, it was our first trip to WDW and my DD has a habit of getting sick on every vacation we go on.

This time around, DH & I share our large roller suitcase, the medium one is dedicated to our MNSSHP costumes, the small roller is all DDs things. Those will all be checked on the flight. DD has her own small roller carry on for her toys, books, etc. and then I have a roller duffle for my carry on that will have some bathroom things, all of our park bags as we're heading straight to HS, and pjs/change of clothes in case our luggage has any issues. We'll also have my camera bag and a stroller.

I just really love luggage and packing. We got new luggage earlier this year just for this trip and I can't wait to use it! I may be slightly obsessed. :D

We don't leave for another 3 weeks, but I have a box I've been "adding" to for my grandsons. the box is FULL so I may need a suitcase just for that. I've totally overdone the before park shopping and know I'll probably need another suitcase for the after park shopping. The airlines will make money of my luggage this trip!!! Have a great time

I have one big suitcase, my daughter has a small suitcase that just has toys in it. I have a bag for tonight (because we are splitting the drive into two days and staying in GA tonight) and then another bag for bathroom stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter