***The Official October 2016 Thread***

Only 11 more days until FP selection....this always seems more stressful than when I worked on my masters thesis! I did successful get our DVC Magic bands and military park hopper tickets linked to our res so hoping FP selection will go okay too. I do wish there were more early magic hours since we could do one park early and save fp's for another park in the afternoon .

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Here I am, a few days out from booking FP, and work does this to me. They plan a big meeting (to which I have been deemed an "essential attendee") for the last day of my vacation -- my WDW VACATION that I've planned on for over a year and put on the books in January -- meaning I'd have to go to the airport the afternoon before and fly out to Canada for the meetings (2 days) and then return home Friday. Meaning I now will have to bring my work laptop, 2 suits and stuff. Meaning I'm going to have to haul a big suitcase with me up to Toronto and home again. Meaning DH will end up on his own for both taking the kids around WDW or the pool or whatever and taking them through the airport by himself (which he can totally do but it's just not desirable by any of us). Meaning I miss out on those last days. It just so happens I'm pursuing an alternative job for other reasons and was going to carve out my vacation from the get-go and I'm getting to the last interview stage now (and my headhunter confessed already she thinks I'm the best candidate). Crossing fingers, toes, etc. that new job works out nicely, I can set aside my full vacation time, and I can just forget about this potential interference in our first WDW excursion. Sigh. I swear I feel years from my life falling away with this stress.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Here I am, a few days out from booking FP, and work does this to me. They plan a big meeting (to which I have been deemed an "essential attendee") for the last day of my vacation -- my WDW VACATION that I've planned on for over a year and put on the books in January -- meaning I'd have to go to the airport the afternoon before and fly out to Canada for the meetings (2 days) and then return home Friday. Meaning I now will have to bring my work laptop, 2 suits and stuff. Meaning I'm going to have to haul a big suitcase with me up to Toronto and home again. Meaning DH will end up on his own for both taking the kids around WDW or the pool or whatever and taking them through the airport by himself (which he can totally do but it's just not desirable by any of us). Meaning I miss out on those last days. It just so happens I'm pursuing an alternative job for other reasons and was going to carve out my vacation from the get-go and I'm getting to the last interview stage now (and my headhunter confessed already she thinks I'm the best candidate). Crossing fingers, toes, etc. that new job works out nicely, I can set aside my full vacation time, and I can just forget about this potential interference in our first WDW excursion. Sigh. I swear I feel years from my life falling away with this stress.

Oh no that's awful!!! Is it at all possible to move your vacation by a few days? Delta airlines didn't charge us for our change and neither did Disney. It changes a few things for you like ADR's but it shouldn't effect your FP+
Oh, I hope you'll be able to work things out and best of luck getting your new job! I'm pulling for you buddy!:hug:

Our FP+ window opens Saturday and we still don't know if AK will be open past 7pm, if ROL will be open, if there will be Star Wars Fireworks, where the Epcot F&W map is. Planning this trip has been nothing short of frustrating from several headliners under refurb to lack of info. Also realizing the way the FP+ times are set up there is going to be a lot of moving FP+ around while in the parks.

So excited! We've used rewards points from our credit/debit card and from Disney Movie Rewards to get $220 worth of Disney gift cards for our Oct trip! We've already saved and set aside spending money and our trip is fully paid, so to have some extra "free" money that we didn't really have to work for is awesome.

With that being said, I now have 8 $25 CGs and 2 $10 CGs. I think I remember someone mentioning a website to consolidate it all on to one? Do I have to put it all on one, if choose to go that route, or can I set up like 2 $110 GCs?
TIA

So excited! We've used rewards points from our credit/debit card and from Disney Movie Rewards to get $220 worth of Disney gift cards for our Oct trip! We've already saved and set aside spending money and our trip is fully paid, so to have some extra "free" money that we didn't really have to work for is awesome.

With that being said, I now have 8 $25 CGs and 2 $10 CGs. I think I remember someone mentioning a website to consolidate it all on to one? Do I have to put it all on one, if choose to go that route, or can I set up like 2 $110 GCs?
TIA

That's great! I love found $$$$.

Go to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/. Under Manage Cards you can find the page in which you can transfer the balance from one or more cards to another. The max number of cards you can have at one time is five. I entered five, transferred the balance from four of those to the remaining one. Then I deleted the four from which I had transferred the balance, leaving one. From there you can add additional cards and transfer their balances.

Sounds confusing, but is really simple when you are doing it. I kept all the cards 'just in case'. Enjoy your trip!

Well, sadly the other job didn't work out so does look like I have to lose a day and a half off my vacation. Sadly we can't move days at all as we are limited to the kids' fall break and DH's big work meeting the week before we leave. I'll just keep my fingers crossed I win the lottery before then. ;)

Sorry Just need to vent: (whining)
FP date is in 7 days. Why won't they let us know if EMM is available for MK and HS? What time/day is the Star Wars FW? ROL or Jungle book show, how late will AK be open?:furious: Anyone else? I have so many different touring plans based upon this. Still no solid FP touring strategy. Guess I should just go with what is available and not on what could be available? The uncertainty is stressing me out.:crazy2: So tired of checking MDE every day. /End Rant...
Also, anyone else using the new updated easywdw touring plans?

Sorry Just need to vent: (whining)
FP date is in 7 days. Why won't they let us know if EMM is available for MK and HS? What time/day is the Star Wars FW? ROL or Jungle book show, how late will AK be open?:furious: Anyone else? I have so many different touring plans based upon this. Still no solid FP touring strategy. Guess I should just go with what is available and not on what could be available? The uncertainty is stressing me out.:crazy2: So tired of checking MDE every day. /End Rant...
Also, anyone else using the new updated easywdw touring plans?

That is how we are approaching it since our FP+ window opens on Saturday. We can only schedule what is on the calendar so if they change the hours we'll be like everyone else scrambling to change FP+/ADR/Touring Plan. The frustration of planning a WDW trip is starting to sour me on planning another trip anytime soon.

Another quick FP+ question:

Toy Story MM is listed as "any height" but will my one year old be able to ride with us? I haven't been on it since 2009 so I can't remember what the seating is like. Has anyone done this? Should we RS it or can she ride with one of us? Only asking because I have to make my FP+ reservations tomorrow morning.

Another quick FP+ question:

Toy Story MM is listed as "any height" but will my one year old be able to ride with us? I haven't been on it since 2009 so I can't remember what the seating is like. Has anyone done this? Should we RS it or can she ride with one of us? Only asking because I have to make my FP+ reservations tomorrow morning.
Yes, either on your lap or seated between two bigger people.

Touring Plans changed the week of October 23, along with a lot of other dates. They really undermined my plans, but I think I'm just going to roll with it because I already have dining reservations everyday for lunch and dinner. EasyWDW doesn't have daily recs for October b/c Josh says he won't post until schedules come out. Disney is really holding us all hostage by not releasing park times.

October 24 has HS as a 7 now, up from a 4. AK with morning EMH went down on that same day from 4 to 3. I know the general rule is EMH means more visitors. TP's blog post says that HS has longer wait times due to ride closures - with same amount of guests.

Oddly, the week's overall numbers are Sunday 6, Monday 7, Tuesday 4, Wednesday 7, Thursday 4. I'm not sure why Tuesday and Thursday would drop down so much compared to the surrounding days/or why Monday and Wednesday would be so much higher than Tuesday/Thursday. Seems people go for more than one day, so wild fluctuations back/forth don't make much sense.

Oddly, the week's overall numbers are Sunday 6, Monday 7, Tuesday 4, Wednesday 7, Thursday 4. I'm not sure why Tuesday and Thursday would drop down so much compared to the surrounding days/or why Monday and Wednesday would be so much higher than Tuesday/Thursday. Seems people go for more than one day, so wild fluctuations back/forth don't make much sense.

It could have to do with Halloween Party. Because Tuesday and Thursday are party nights, many people planning to attend the party won't use a park day but will rest up, plan a resort/pool day, or head to Disney Springs until they can get into MK at 4:00 for the party.

OMG how I am just finding this thread now?

We're Oct 3-8 at AoA.

Plans are DONE. Except for AK hours, EMM schedule for MK, JB/ROL....:rolleyes2

Is anyone doing a Memory Maker share that I can still join? I will be in the parks only one day, doing the Halloween Party on October 16th. Last year our cruise group did a share and it was only $11 each, but this year I can't find anyone interested in sharing.

Is everyone purchasing Memory Maker for their trip?

We only have two Disney park visits planned for our two week vacation (both MNSSHP's) so MM is not a good purchase for us unless we can get in on share. We did that last October and it was an excellent value! We have 4 October families already interested in a share again this year, but are looking for a couple of more (including someone to lead it.....I fear that task may fall to me, though). Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss hopping in on our MM share, and I'll point you in the direction of where to look for that info.

Is it too late to get in on a share? I did this last year with a group from our cruise and we only paid $11 each! We are cruising again, and no one on this group seems to be interested in saving money :-). We will be in the parks for the party on October 16th.

Is it too late to get in on a share? I did this last year with a group from our cruise and we only paid $11 each! We are cruising again, and no one on this group seems to be interested in saving money :-). We will be in the parks for the party on October 16th.

Unfortunately our group is already full. I hope you have success in finding another group that you can join in on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter